ADVERTISEMENT

Foul Shooting Disparity

richthedentist

All American
Gold Member
Aug 2, 2001
We all know that there have been several games where there was a large number in the number of fouls called and the number of fouls shot by the other teams but last night the game was very fairly referreed and yet before we fouled Wisky at the end the number of fouls were very even yet Wisconsin I think had about 10 more attempts at the line than us and we were even getting a lot of our points in the paint yet we barely went to the line. Why is it that we in most games poor foul shooting aside we just don't get to the line very often?

We all know that there have been several games where there was a large number in the number of fouls called and the number of fouls shot by the other teams but last night the game was very fairly referreed and yet before we fouled Wisky at the end the number of fouls were very even yet Wisconsin I think had about 10 more attempts at the line than us and we were even getting a lot of our points in the paint yet we barely went to the line. Why is it that we in most games poor foul shooting aside we just don't get to the line very often?
1. We aren’t being fouled while shooting; therefore aren’t going to the line unless the opponent is over the limit.
2. We miss the first shot of one and ones.

Reactions: shields
It was pretty fair, definitely not Ohio State. Although Harper did have a couple of legitimate gripes.

We started fouling late, and Wisconsin got 8 FTs in the final 30 seconds. Up until that point, they had shot 13 to our 7.... and they missed the front end of 1 one-and-one, while we missed 3. So, in potential FTs up until the final 30 seconds, they led just 14 to 10.... and they had gotten an extra one because a dumb foul on a three point shooter in the opening minutes.

The game last night let a TON of contact go - it was full contact basketball for stretches, which is the type of officiating I generally prefer. Harper took a lot of contact on one drive and threw his hands up looking for a call.... but the refs weren't calling that sort of contact all game, so I don't know what he was expecting.

Going into the last 30 seconds, Wisconsin had scored on 10 of 14 possible FTs (missed one front end), and we scored on 2 of 10 (missed 3 front ends). Can't shoot like that and expect to win close games.

Reactions: LETSGORU91
ADVERTISEMENT