ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting Four-star DE Jahzion Harris transfer to Rutgers, expected to be eligible immediately

Recruiting the portal gives you more developed players ready to play now. Schiano has done well in that area. It seems to be more of a priority over HS recruiting. HS recruiting is more for developing players 2 or 3 years out. Portal is about now and about turning things around quickly.
Agreed but I think the staff has done a great job on all fronts. This kid was a 4 star and #2 player in NY. We hopefully have the former #1 player from NJ coming back which was also from the portal and last years class had the #1 player from KY, NJ, NY and PA. Our roster is pretty full of 4 stars and then we scooped some guys that play like 4 star recruits such as Hamilton.

Recruiting is going very well.

Why is he eligible right away? Is it because he didn't play much last year?
IIRC, I read that a transfer to a school to be closer to home (there may even be a distance radius, not sure about that though) will be given a waiver.

Possible starters from P5 programs

Cruickshank
Alaimo or Langan
Dunlap
Brown
Ryan
Harris
Vedral

Lewis
Singleton ?
Youngblood
Mayan Ahanotu { he will be our starting DT}
Willie Tyler { he will be our starting OT}.

Reactions: redking
There’s a lot of places I could live happily in the US for a few years, especially if I knew it wasn’t permanent.

That being said, there is a huge culture shock and adjustment for any kid going from the northeast to the south or visa versa. Some people love the change, some don’t.

That being said, if I were Schiano this would be my number 1 transfer recruiting tool once the kid announces they are going for the $. Get your money for a year and then come play for us.
We went through that in recruiting- between a florida school a georgia school and RU...The culture was so different that Kevin just didn't have patience for it. First thing he said is that he couldn't understand a word of babble those kids were speaking and they all seemed dumber than the dumbest kid in his HighSchool- listened to crap music and barely knew how to use a knife and fork...And sorry if that sounds very harsh but they were the words of a HighSchool kid that wasn't worried about being PC lol

Stop being a dipshit and read up. Your act is getting really tired. Have to ask--why are you here--because lately, you have absolutely nothing positive to contribute about Rutgers athletics.
Getting? He's a professional meteorologist and he chooses not to add value to even the weather threads.

Great pick-up by Schiano and Co.

We went through that in recruiting- between a florida school a georgia school and RU...The culture was so different that Kevin just didn't have patience for it. First thing he said is that he couldn't understand a word of babble those kids were speaking and they all seemed dumber than the dumbest kid in his HighSchool- listened to crap music and barely knew how to use a knife and fork...And sorry if that sounds very harsh but they were the words of a HighSchool kid that wasn't worried about being PC lol
Honest is honest. That was his impression at the time. Does NIL change something like that overnight? Maybe, maybe not.

Didn't assume Youngblood will start
You're right about Ahanotu.
Tyler is coming from Louisiana so I would put him on the G5 transfer list
Wasn’t Tyler at Texas first ?
We have boat load of 4 star recruits on this roster. Hope we put it all together this season.

Reactions: Scarlet83
ADVERTISEMENT