ADVERTISEMENT

Franklin’s Great Record Here 4-0

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s a good historical reference to compare other great coaches that came here. I don’t know if any other opposing coach started 5-0 here. It’s very hard to get to 5-0 for many reasons.

Not exactly a long history of good opposing coaches playing 5 games here.

There's nothing remarkable about it. He just happens to have been there awhile and lucky enough to keep playing us.

Reactions: shields
Exactly. These are the teams we've never beaten while in the Big 10:

Iowa: 0-3 (Big 10: 0-3)
Minnesota: 0-3 (Big 10: 0-3)
Nebraska: 0-6 (Big 10: 0-5)
Northwestern: 3-2 (Big 10: 0-2)
Ohio State: 0-9 (Big 10: 0-9)
State Penn: 2-30 (Big 10: 0-8)
Wisconsin: 0-4 (Big 10: 0-4)
Didn’t realize we were winless during our tenure against 5 teams in the west.

Why can't someone post a simple statement of facts here, that illustrates our football difficulties, without being called: a troll, a loser, a non-fan, a heretic, a plant, or worse. Come on, folks, a less than mediocre football team is not immune from non-flattering statistics. We are all RU fans, but let's not stick our heads in the sand.

But none of those coaches are 5-0 in piscataway. That is what makes Franklin’s feats remarkable .

That’s an interesting list . We have lost to 4 different nebraska coaches already . Pellini, Reilly, frost and Joseph. I think we lost to Reilly twice and he was an awful coach ! That is wild and sad
I don't think '' FRANKLIN'S FEATS'' is correctly spelled. Shouldn't it be ''FRANKLIN'S FOOTSES""?

• Haha
Reactions: mildone
Why can't someone post a simple statement of facts here, that illustrates our football difficulties, without being called: a troll, a loser, a non-fan, a heretic, a plant, or worse. Come on, folks, a less than mediocre football team is not immune from non-flattering statistics. We are all RU fans, but let's not stick our heads in the sand.
Are you married? Do you tell your wife the “fact” about her?

Why can't someone post a simple statement of facts here, that illustrates our football difficulties, without being called: a troll, a loser, a non-fan, a heretic, a plant or worse.
Wait! Did anyone else catch this one by Tomato plant? This would make a great thread, "Name a plant you've called someone in Anger?"

Didn’t realize we were winless during our tenure against 5 teams in the west.

I vaguely remember someone in another thread saying that "division realignment" isn't the saving grace we think it is.
Since we are terrible against the West teams as well.

F Franklin
F penn state
F their fans
& F anyone that tries to make any of that list look good before they play RU.
I can't praise any post that makes an opponent look good at Rutgers expense.
Especially just before they play RU.

Last edited:
If Penn state wins Saturday , Franklin will improve his great record in piscataway to 5-0. Has an opposing coach ever had this good of a record here ? Beamer won a lot here, but had that memorable loss . Rich Rod didn’t win 5. Harbaugh just got to 4-0.

The great Franklin at 5-0 means he will have more BIG wins in Piscataway than flood , ash or schiano have. Crazy stat.
4-0 here and 2-0 at Coaching schools that love rape...

But none of those coaches are 5-0 in piscataway. That is what makes Franklin’s feats remarkable .

That’s an interesting list . We have lost to 4 different nebraska coaches already . Pellini, Reilly, frost and Joseph. I think we lost to Reilly twice and he was an awful coach ! That is wild and sad

Classic Plum Street thread where he keeps it alive by reiterating the same points in response to every other post. Yay!

You made a point. People do or don't like your point. Move on.

Reactions: Knightmoves
Not sure. But a more interesting, and way less hopeful stat, would be that RU has never scored more than 10 points vs psu while in the B1G.

We've been outscored 213-39. 😳
I refer you back to your first post in the thread

Reactions: MrsScrew
Classic Plum Street thread where he keeps it alive by reiterating the same points in response to every other post. Yay!

While I have no objection to saying F it to the original theme of the thread, and moving on, I feel really F-ing strongly that we should continue the thread in perpetuity, albeit with a different F-ing theme.

F me if I'm not enjoying this way more than I probably ought to be at my age. 😃

There are a lot places one can go to respect Franklins record without being told where to go next. This is not one of them.

Have you noticed he's spent a good part of the thread trying to justify it?
not really.
When I see one of his opinions I can't strop thinking of him acting like this
wiz-the.gif

Reactions: Scarlet1984

It’s a great compliment to say Plum Street is classic . Only the great posters have classic moves . Plum Street is a great and a classic !!

Reactions: RU Cheese
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT