ADVERTISEMENT

Fred Hansard announcing Wednesday ..potentially

Did Guarantano film his commitment in Times Square? Been there done that. He's a Gator for sure.

Article also states that he plans to take his official visits (plural) following the announcement. Which raises the question, what's the point? Unless he feels he needs to announce to hold his spot - which suggests that it is not RU, as I think he would have a spot here right up until signing day.

Reactions: RUchip
99% chance it is Florida
1% chance it is Rutgers
0% it is Tenn (the guy was buying players was fired)

Even if it's Florida. National signing day is a long way and it's certain RU would get a official.
I don't understand the point of posts like this. When was the last time a fully qualified kid committed to a perceived top school and flipped .. Assuming he was qualified and actually wanted at the destination.

History tells us that RU doesn't fare well in these situations.

But hope springs eternal, especially with this new coaching staff.

Go RU !

This just reminds me of the fact that Brian Toal said the day of his choice of BC, that he had a Rutgers hat with him and didn't decide until the last moment that he wasn't going to put it on.

This just reminds me of the fact that Brian Toal said the day of his choice of BC, that he had a Rutgers hat with him and didn't decide until the last moment that he wasn't going to put it on.

That was total BS. Toal visited RU as a favor from his coaching dad to Greg. He was never coming here.

Reactions: NickyNewark51
Hunt says possible the announcement comes this Wednesday.

Can't wait.

700x395.jpg

That was total BS. Toal visited RU as a favor from his coaching dad to Greg. He was never coming here.

It was total B.S. and I heard it straight from the lips of his drunk brother (not the good one...he is friends of a friend), one Happy Hour at Green Rock in Hoboken, a couple of months after the "dupe." He never, EVER, had any desire or plans to go to Rutgers. The brother actually laughed at the thought of it right in my face.

Reactions: NickyNewark51
I don't understand the point of posts like this. When was the last time a fully qualified kid committed to a perceived top school and flipped .. Assuming he was qualified and actually wanted at the destination.
Ever hear of Kareem Walker? Or maybe the other dozen or so committs who do it practically every year.

Ever hear of Kareem Walker? Or maybe the other dozen or so committs who do it practically every year.
Ever hear of one doing it in our favor ??? There are schools that are still perceived differently than ours. For now it's fact.

Ever hear of one doing it in our favor ??? There are schools that are still perceived differently than ours. For now it's fact.
isn't Our QB Oden a former Lousville commit? Took a official at Rutgers and committed? Hmmmmm

I'm saying that the percentages are very much not in our favor here. So when people post how it's a long way until signing day, although this is fact, there is zero evidence that me Hansard will be wearing scarlet

First you said when was the last time. There's actually more committs to name that have committed to RU after a official. Now youve hanged your point to saying the percentage is low. I know there is zero evidence he could change his mind. However there is evidence that many of the top players who committ before their senior season flip and sign with another school. To that point he hasn't committed anywhere yet so again when he takes his official at Rutgers they could very well be back in the game if he chooses another school.

Chip respectfully, if he doesn't commit here, and it doesn't look like it , he isn't coming. So we can talk about visits and ash and the like but it is what it is

Wherever he commits, it will by definition be a soft commit. At least by my definition.

isn't Our QB Oden a former Lousville commit? Took a official at Rutgers and committed? Hmmmmm
Not an exact parallel. Oden decommitted before he was recruited by RU, reportedly because Louisville had recruited over him.

It was total B.S. and I heard it straight from the lips of his drunk brother (not the good one...he is friends of a friend), one Happy Hour at Green Rock in Hoboken, a couple of months after the "dupe." He never, EVER, had any desire or plans to go to Rutgers. The brother actually laughed at the thought of it right in my face.

ADVERTISEMENT