ADVERTISEMENT

Fred Hansard Tweet

Clearscreen25

All American
Mar 9, 2016
Tomorrow night tune in at 8:30 pm, answering all questions
1f4aa-1f3fe.png

I take it that means that he has come to a decision? I thought he still had a large number of schools in his final list.

I take it that means that he has come to a decision? I thought he still had a large number of schools in his final list.

That would make sense. Or maybe he has narrowed his list.

The cynical part of me says he could answer the question, "Have you picked a school yet?" with a "no." and that would constitute an answer technically.

I expect atleast 5 questions like "how great would it be for your family to make every home game?"

Go represent our fans proudly!

I think he's getting annoyed by all the social media pressure.

Down to a Final three apparently......RU, tennessee and Florida......and no matter where he commits, he's going to still take official visits....

Hey one thing I want to say about him is that he's been handling this quite well.....I think he realized how some recruits play attention games and he has done a good job of keeping a poker face but being detailed.

Last edited:
I believe those were Hamilton's top 3. Don't have quite as good a feeling about this one, but at the end of the day the kid has to make the best decision for himself. He's done his due diligence and has taken his state school into very serious consideration. That's all we can ask from all our great New Jersey prospects.

He says he's ready to make a decision, and will be doing so through a Bleacher Report video. That hasn't boded well for RU recruits in the past, but just maybe Hansard will be the first to put Rutgers in the national spotlight, and really put this recruiting class on the map. If he does, I am sure more will follow. One can hope.

Reactions: eceres and LC-88
Doesn't help that his twitter bio pic is now with him and his family in a Florida Gators jersey.

UF can F themselves. From the linked article:

"His final pre-commitment campus trip occurred this past Saturday when he spent time at nearby Rutgers. It was at least his fourth stop in Piscataway, New Jersey, where Hansard believes things are trending in a positive direction for the new Scarlet Knights regime.

"[Head coach Chris] Ash is doing big things with recruiting, and they're just on the right path to become great," he said. "Coach Ash, his staff and the strength and conditioning guys bring a lot of new energy to the team. They're hyped, and now the players there have that same kind of energy. The committed recruits do too.""

"Hansard, who may study communications and broadcasting in college..."

Why not do that in the media capital of the world?

Reactions: NickyNewark51
I believe those were Hamilton's top 3. Don't have quite as good a feeling about this one, but at the end of the day the kid has to make the best decision for himself. He's done his due diligence and has taken his state school into very serious consideration. That's all we can ask from all our great New Jersey prospects.

He says he's ready to make a decision, and will be doing so through a Bleacher Report video. That hasn't boded well for RU recruits in the past, but just maybe Hansard will be the first to put Rutgers in the national spotlight, and really put this recruiting class on the map. If he does, I am sure more will follow. One can hope.
He can salve the wound inflicted by Stills AND one up WVU propaganda by picking his home state U.....I'll take Hansard anyday over ANY Stills!!! ..

Yeah, that pisses me off when teams like Florida, ND can come into other teams backyard and grab talent that can help the hometown team in a big way.

Well, someday the script will flip. Go into Florida and take their top local talent up north

Nicky: I hope I'm completely wrong on this, but I think we pulled the trigger on Stills because we weren't too confident on Hansard

Nicky: I hope I'm completely wrong on this, but I think we pulled the trigger on Stills because we weren't too confident on Hansard
Doubt it .....we would take 3 more DL....hard position to fill....I think we were looking at Stills brother for next yrs class....let him go to App St or Kent St....his only other offers...or find a wrestler....let Stills play in the weakest conference...

Do you a-holes think he cares what a bunch of farts think on a message board? He runs the show here guys . Not us.

Last edited:
Of course we want great recruits. Boy Scout Einsteins that bench 300, 20 reps and run a 4.3 forty... oh, and they LOVE football and play it well. But this decision is bigger for the recruit and his family than it is for any fan.

I just want to see that Rutgers, its coaches, players and everyone associated with Rutgers Football represents Rutgers honestly and fairly and honorably to allow the recruits the possibility of seeing that Rutgers could be right for them. So far it looks like Ash and company are doing that job.

He has the chance to fill Hamilton's shoes from day 1.

Hope it's us, but his Twitter makes it seem like UF.

Reactions: miklosru
Looks like RU still is in the sweepstakes.
Rumors of grades and schools pulling back are coming from fans of a school that
was dropped from contention.
But that beats the: We never offered BS that some fans of that school liked to post a few years ago when a recruit that school wanted, didn't want them.

After saying that: watch Fred become a Nit [roll][winking]

I hate tweets for that reason ....more questions than answers usually.

To me, the thread title looks like:
Ted Fansard Heat

ADVERTISEMENT