ADVERTISEMENT

Free Streaming for MLAX Games Sunday

Not sure I stopped keeping track around 9-3. We are hammering them pretty good. They don’t keep official scores in scrimmages usually.!

I think we wound up "winning" that one pretty easily. I think it was close through the first quarter but then we pulled away and I think we really pulled away in the second half. lots of goal scorer's. We played better at the face off X and I though Groff and Kelly looked very good in the goal

Reactions: Golfer2019
Was that Kelly or Russo in goal? Thought it was Russo.

#5 is really popping. I’d think he’s already the 4th attackman at this point.

I’m less concerned about the goalie spot and more concerned about the faceoff. We can score. We need the ball though. We won’t win big games with the disparity in possession I am seeing against Hobart.

Reactions: rufamily
I’m less concerned about the goalie spot and more concerned about the faceoff. We can score. We need the ball though. We won’t win big games with the disparity in possession I am seeing against Hobart.
Yup, the disparity was bad last year but we had Max in the goal which limited the damage. We don’t really play a push out style of defense that causes or creates turnovers so we are going to need to make saves. If we can not win faceoffs it will have the same effect that it did last year when our defense simply worn down at times

I think we are deeper offensively than before. I think we have legit shooting ability from all levels of the field and on all lines.

Hopefully

I was just talking about being bad at faceoffs again

Without fixing that, nothing else matters

Hopefully

I was just talking about being bad at faceoffs again

Without fixing that, nothing else matters
It all matters. When Joe Nardella was here we won almost every face off but lost games we’d win now.

It all matters. When Joe Nardella was here we won almost every face off but lost games we’d win now.

Sure you need both, but so tired of watching us lose almost all faceoffs.
Everyone knows can’t make NCAA tournament until that gets fixed.

The face-off, given it's insanely over-weighted impact on the game, is probably biggest thing left holding back lax from becoming a much more popular sport. It can create such an imbalance that the game becomes difficult to watch because it becomes so one-sided at times. The shot clock was a huge improvement and a welcome addition as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: Leonard23
Gents...

Just had a chance to jump in here after getting back from Toronto late and a busy Monday before I head out on the road for business tomorrow.

Sounds like a few of you watched the stream...I'm not gonna go too deep into details, but from reading the thread, most of you have the gist and I know a few of you are connected and know more than me, but here are a few observations and thoughts...

Attack...KM and AC are very good as we know...one starter still on the shelf, but will be back for pre season practice...#5, #15, #22 are all solid resources to have as depth...#62 was solid as well...obviously Schachte has played a ton of minutes, so he's a senior that can be trusted...lots of depth...and promise

O Midfield...I think the top 6 are rock solid, big and athletic...our midfielders were visibly much bigger, taller, thicker and more athletic than either team...Kamish has been on fire this fall and has looked great...he had a quiet day (not a bad day) but really didn't have too many quality chances...some days the looks aren't there...on the opposite end of that, Sprock stood out the most...4 goals on the way to lead the group and really looked good...6, 14, 39, and 21 all looked solid and registered at least a goal...all of these guys have very heavy shots and can drop hammers...as much as this group struggled last year collectively, this year might be a complete flip...IMO

One observation RUFamily pointed out earlier this fall, they ran a few of these guys a lot off the wing and they played both ways...44, 0, 6, and 21 all played significant minutes on the wing, on defense and in transition...above and beyond their offensive duties...

D Middies...Daninger, Eletti, Franko, and Marron carried the load at SSDM...but I also liked what I saw from the freshman Ringer here...not too mention they ran the 4 offensive guys a lot both ways...tons of options

FO...I'm not going to say anything that hasn't already been communicated above

Goal - Russo, Kelly and Pounds all played, Groff the freshman also played...

LSM - Rall and Masessa looked good IMO...they handled most the duty here...also 32 Pakzad looked active

D - Thompson, Jean-Felix and Bullet seemed to be the starting combo...Bullet is a stud

From a games perspective, we handled Umass pretty well...the first half was competitive but we were up 10-7 at half and wound up rolling 20-9...our depth was too much for them

Hobart gave us fits early...we couldn't win a FO, and they have a very good goalie (they played him three quarters while we shifted goalies every qtr). We ended up down 9-8 at half, but took a little lead in Q3 and never lost it...I think the final was 15-12 RU...

Obviously scores are not everything...RU played no starters in Q4 and even shut down most of their top offensive and defensive guys mid Q3...we rolled a lot of bodies...as you should

I saw what you guys saw watching....lots of positives, a few areas that need work...but lots of guys that can light the lamp so to speak...just need to keep getting better

The team seemed in good spirits after the games...

I know I didnt give tons of analysis or critic...that's not what I'll do...just pointing out some positives and adding on to what some of you already said...

Cheers

Gents...

Just had a chance to jump in here after getting back from Toronto late and a busy Monday before I head out on the road for business tomorrow.

Sounds like a few of you watched the stream...I'm not gonna go too deep into details, but from reading the thread, most of you have the gist and I know a few of you are connected and know more than me, but here are a few observations and thoughts...

Attack...KM and AC are very good as we know...one starter still on the shelf, but will be back for pre season practice...#5, #15, #22 are all solid resources to have as depth...#62 was solid as well...obviously Schachte has played a ton of minutes, so he's a senior that can be trusted...lots of depth...and promise

O Midfield...I think the top 6 are rock solid, big and athletic...our midfielders were visibly much bigger, taller, thicker and more athletic than either team...Kamish has been on fire this fall and has looked great...he had a quiet day (not a bad day) but really didn't have too many quality chances...some days the looks aren't there...on the opposite end of that, Sprock stood out the most...4 goals on the way to lead the group and really looked good...6, 14, 39, and 21 all looked solid and registered at least a goal...all of these guys have very heavy shots and can drop hammers...as much as this group struggled last year collectively, this year might be a complete flip...IMO

One observation RUFamily pointed out earlier this fall, they ran a few of these guys a lot off the wing and they played both ways...44, 0, 6, and 21 all played significant minutes on the wing, on defense and in transition...above and beyond their offensive duties...

D Middies...Daninger, Eletti, Franko, and Marron carried the load at SSDM...but I also liked what I saw from the freshman Ringer here...not too mention they ran the 4 offensive guys a lot both ways...tons of options

FO...I'm not going to say anything that hasn't already been communicated above

Goal - Russo, Kelly and Pounds all played, Groff the freshman also played...

LSM - Rall and Masessa looked good IMO...they handled most the duty here...also 32 Pakzad looked active

D - Thompson, Jean-Felix and Bullet seemed to be the starting combo...Bullet is a stud

From a games perspective, we handled Umass pretty well...the first half was competitive but we were up 10-7 at half and wound up rolling 20-9...our depth was too much for them

Hobart gave us fits early...we couldn't win a FO, and they have a very good goalie (they played him three quarters while we shifted goalies every qtr). We ended up down 9-8 at half, but took a little lead in Q3 and never lost it...I think the final was 15-12 RU...

Obviously scores are not everything...RU played no starters in Q4 and even shut down most of their top offensive and defensive guys mid Q3...we rolled a lot of bodies...as you should

I saw what you guys saw watching....lots of positives, a few areas that need work...but lots of guys that can light the lamp so to speak...just need to keep getting better

The team seemed in good spirits after the games...

I know I didnt give tons of analysis or critic...that's not what I'll do...just pointing out some positives and adding on to what some of you already said...

Cheers

Great analysis. I also liked what I saw from Ringer. He seems like a tough kid from LI. We need that.

Love how we are using our middies. We have a bunch who are all capable of making plays anywhere on the field. Especially in open field broken plays. Having them on the wings, on D, all will create even more scoring opportunities. All of those, with their hands free, are not something any goalie wants to see. Shooting was a huge eye opener this fall. Looked to be in good midseason form. If we keep building here, well... I like the idea of coming at teams in waves. The way I look at the game and a team, this philosophy really plays well into it. Of course, you need the horses to do it. We now have them.

I don't recall having this type of depth in a while. It's only going to allow us to play faster and faster when you are running in fresh bodies all the time.

On the physical side, I know the staff has been very happy with what they have seen from strength and conditioning. The feed wasn't top quality but it was plenty good enough to see were bigger stronger faster. This is what B1G teams look like.

Looks like the B1G had a nice offseason. Unofficially, I don't think they lost a game, including beating two acc teams.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT