ADVERTISEMENT

Free Throw Shooting/Emailing Coaches

Rhuarc

All American
Gold Member
Jul 25, 2001
Warning: Link to NJ.com article:

Article is an interview in the Ledger with Pike about the improvements in free throw shooting over his tenure. My biggest takeaway? When our free throw shooting, people were emailing Coach about how bad it was and giving him ways to improve it. This blows my mind. Are people that stupid that they think they should email a lifelong coach and tell him things that he already knows? What a bunch of dopes with too much time on their hands.

So my question is: Have you ever emailed a member of the coaching staff? If so, were you complaining, badgering, complimenting trying to help, identify recruits? Did they respond?

I have never emailed anyone, not even during the Schiano 2.0 debacle as I thought it's not my place. Sure, I"m a fan and a small stake holder as a multiple sport season ticket holder but I feel there has to be some level of trust that they can get the job done. I also consider the AD different than coaches, so to me emailing Hobbs or his office about an issue is much more appropriate than the coaching staff directly.

Thoughts?

Warning: Link to NJ.com article:

Article is an interview in the Ledger with Pike about the improvements in free throw shooting over his tenure. My biggest takeaway? When our free throw shooting, people were emailing Coach about how bad it was and giving him ways to improve it. This blows my mind. Are people that stupid that they think they should email a lifelong coach and tell him things that he already knows? What a bunch of dopes with too much time on their hands.

So my question is: Have you ever emailed a member of the coaching staff? If so, were you complaining, badgering, complimenting trying to help, identify recruits? Did they respond?

I have never emailed anyone, not even during the Schiano 2.0 debacle as I thought it's not my place. Sure, I"m a fan and a small stake holder as a multiple sport season ticket holder but I feel there has to be some level of trust that they can get the job done. I also consider the AD different than coaches, so to me emailing Hobbs or his office about an issue is much more appropriate than the coaching staff directly.

Thoughts?
Oh I think there is several that post here that think they have the right.

Reactions: Scarlet1984
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT