ADVERTISEMENT

#freemattbullock

He did just fine in his couple of minutes... Pike's going to need everyone to contribute to make up for the temporary loss of Mike.

Did we even see souf tonight?

I actually thought souf had been giving decent minutes lately, minus the fact that he is no threat to score which kills the O.

I believe he was in during the first half before Bullock first played. After that I don’t think he was on the floor the rest of the night.

Souf got beat twice by bohannan for threes in their 9-0 run in the first half ....enter bullock’s chance

I feel better with the ball in Matt Bullock’s (and Jake Dadika’s) hands then I do with some of the starters! Lol wont name names but I have no problem with these 2 getting their minutes!

Reactions: bac2therac
Loved seeing Bullock in. Confident with ball in his hands. He’s rounder than guy should be if they’re practicing hard everyday, tho - it’s odd to see. Will say that he also looked slow to me laterally - not sure he’ll be effective against dribble-drive guards. But splitting hairs - I’ll call it now that he’s a better option than Souf.

Saying that one player is better than another is not "taking a shot"

I was not referring to your comment.

Pikiell is developing roles for guys...Bullock showed a nice mid range shot. Souf showed he is a good on the ball pressure guard against OSU. Jake showed something.

Pikiell played 12 guys tonight and when your bread and butter is defense that's important.

Last edited:
Reactions: gregkoko
I believe I started the #FreeBullock campaign a week ago or so lol but I wasn't joking. I've seen the kid play many times in high school and although tonite was just a glimpse of what he can do, I think he really can play reserve minutes (10-15 min a night) on this team and contribute regularly. Kid is no slouch..been saying that for the longest. Hope he builds on this solid showing and becomes a factor going forward

Reactions: RUBigFrank
Souf played 2 minutes, was immediately burned by Bohannon for 3, who then hit another one and we never saw him again I think and we may never will

2 thoughts

1. Bullock might take the minutes that Souf got
2. How is Pikiell having Souf guard Bohannon? If I am Pikiell and I am committed to getting Souf minutes I watch the other bench and enter Souf when the backup PG comes in for Iowa

Souf played 2 minutes, was immediately burned by Bohannon for 3, who then hit another one and we never saw him again I think and we may never will

I think we heard this same thing like 7 games ago when he sat the entire 2nd half against Hartford.......Relax, he may just be the best on the ball pressure guard on the team like he showed against OSU and a couple of games before. He''ll have a role. Bullock may be carving out a role as well.

Reactions: PaKnight
c'mon that is an insult to baker and sanders.

I'd hope that Bullock gets the minutes. Not sure what went down with Bullock. Was he asked to play? Did Bullock tell Pikiell he is willing to play? I'd hope Pikiell finds minutes for Bullock provided he defends adequately. You cn tell Bullock was well coahed in HS defensively. He did an OK job in their today except one possession where he helped and left his man (or animal) for an open 3.

When was the last time Bullock was on the floor.? Fourteen months ago in mop up time vs a scrub team. Must have felt a lot of pressure. Thought he did very well.

I believe I started the #FreeBullock campaign a week ago or so lol but I wasn't joking. I've seen the kid play many times in high school and although tonite was just a glimpse of what he can do, I think he really can play reserve minutes (10-15 min a night) on this team and contribute regularly. Kid is no slouch..been saying that for the longest. Hope he builds on this solid showing and becomes a factor going forward
I’ve been with you since the beginning.

He should be spelling Geo 4 minutes a half. He got his 8 minutes tonight.

#MattBullockFreed

Reactions: TruJerz
Great to see Bullock in there for limited minutes. He looked confident, especially on offense - though wasn't always where he needed to be on defense (like on that one three by Baer).

Souf came in, and was immediately screened off on two consecutive plays to allow Bohannon threes. Next play Geo had him, and Bohannon drilled another. I don't think Souf fights over screens well - curious if it's due to his frame, if he has a harder time slipping between the player and pick. He dropped under the screen twice, and Bohannon made him pay for it. After that, he didn't come back in.

I was very happy to see Matt play and was thrilled that he hit a jumper and had an assist.

ABS. Souf should not see the floor for the rest of the season. Great kid. Great teammate. D3 level player. Is what it is. Bullock is WAY better

Thought the same thing after the Seton Hall game when Souf didn't play.

Greenefig, you did pick RU to win 76-52? Glad you were way way off.

Good for Bullock. But his lateral quickness does not seem to be anywhere close to what is needed to defend at the guard or small forward level. And you have to wonder about conditioning too.

While Souf makes me nervous I am very comfortable seeing Dadika on the court.

Reactions: RUonBrain
This begs the question what has been the deal with Bullock. We had posters here repeating like it was gospel that Bullock couldn't pass the physical so he was not going to play. Now Williams is injured and he all of a sudden passes his physical.

Was Pike just trying to process him? Was he injured? Another reason?

Reactions: Local Shill
Maybe if Bullock gets a little taste it motivates him. Robin James came out of nowhere to become an effective player by the time he was a senior. It could happen.

ADVERTISEMENT