ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Freshman F Antonio Chol impressing early at Rutgers

Love this! So excited to see this kid play. Especially love what he says about Coach's honesty in the recruiting process.

Reactions: Scangg
6'9, athletic, 7'2 wingspan, 3 point sniper, offensive weapon who can score off the dribble... this is something we haven't had and it's very exciting

Paul, Cam, Chol, Dean, Cliff lineup would be a very very good offensive lineup for floor spacing

Next year could see Cam Griffiths and Chol on the court at the same time. In theory, we are on a path to becoming a much stronger 3 point shooting team

I think my head just popped off my body and exploded after reading all the references to good shooting in this story. So, I won’t be able to view the games now. Anyone want my tickets?

I think my head just popped off my body and exploded after reading all the references to good shooting in this story. So, I won’t be able to view the games now. Anyone want my tickets?
Photoshop some Fran McCaffery hair on a pic of Pikiell?

6'9, athletic, 7'2 wingspan, 3 point sniper, offensive weapon who can score off the dribble... this is something we haven't had and it's very exciting

Paul, Cam, Chol, Dean, Cliff lineup would be a very very good offensive lineup for floor spacing

Next year could see Cam Griffiths and Chol on the court at the same time. In theory, we are on a path to becoming a much stronger 3 point shooting team
And he's shooting 57% from deep in game situations in practice so far - with his wingspan, not many will challenge his deep shots. His videos are eye-popping. He could be one of the best diamonds in the rough Pike has found (and he's found a few, starting with Geo). While he needs to learn how to play high level defense, which may limit his minutes this season, he has a pretty high ceiling, IMO.

has a really nice stroke, shoots in rhythm and is fundamentally sound and is able to get his own shot. First couple of tapes I saw I wondered why a 6’9” kid who had good court awareness and a nice stroke and ran the floor well wasn’t more highly recruited

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT