ADVERTISEMENT

Football Freshman RB/WR Rashad Rochelle coming on in late stages of season

Next year, with Brown back, thus a deep RB room, and the graduation losses at WR he should probably go back to WR.

Reactions: RUTGERS95
He is going to be the undisputed bell cow in a run first offense, putting out more tape is going to be more important than any NIL at this stage, now that doesn't mean long term he doesn't consider it.

Crazy high school stats at QB! Put him behind center. If he has a decent arm, and he's more accurate than Gavin then maybe he could be our answer.

If he has a decent arm, and he's more accurate than Gavin

Given that he was not considered, even as a backup, when there was 1 scholarship QB healthy I'd say the answer is likely "no".

Given that he was not considered, even as a backup, when there was 1 scholarship QB healthy I'd say the answer is likely "no".
He's taking wildcat snaps though so wouldn't be surprised if there's some passing plays in the package. Johnny has some.

Of course it's not going to happen but remember the freshman backup from Illinois who could hardly throw the ball beat us at QB 2 years ago.

Reactions: Roy_Faulker
If Brown is back. Not holding my breathe there.

Why?
Yes he had a good game against Indiana but it was literally one game.
And then he got hurt for the rest of the season.

Kyle just had an even better game against MSU (more yards, less carries).

What makes me laugh is we had a kid named Tim Brown …all 5’6 “ maybe 5’7” who did quite well with a real QB . Guys like Rochelle are perfect. Even Salaam can play in the slot… so did Young…it’s all about the O line and QB. Was sorry to hear haw bad Reggie Sutton’s injury was . A tremendously talented lineman maybe even NFL caliber ? It would appear to be a miracle if he returns to play again.

Reactions: SBP
Crazy high school stats at QB! Put him behind center. If he has a decent arm, and he's more accurate than Gavin then maybe he could be our answer.
Give him a chance
If his accuracy is better than Gavin he should start next September

Decent arm… what is a decent arm ? Jabu Lovelace had a decent arm… could run like the wind . So we have several descriptions of this Jersey player. Great athlete, size , speed … we have some who say he’s never gonna be a QB . Sooo… is he or isn’t he.

I think Rochelle is going to be explosive for us for the next couple of years. He has the “it” factor IMO
SO quick he's at the second level before you know it..BUT slot is his future

ADVERTISEMENT