ADVERTISEMENT

Freshman vs Freshman

There was no insinuation. It was argued that Art lost the starting role only because he was injured. Anyone who suggested otherwise was whacked on the head with a virtual club.

Regardless it doesn’t matter. We were never in the running for Annexstad’s services. If Richt hadn’t cooled on Sit, Ash would’ve only landed Jalen Chatman. Now there’s a name we haven’t heard in a while...

Reactions: rurichdog
There was no insinuation. It was argued that Art lost the starting role only because he was injured. Anyone who suggested otherwise was whacked on the head with a virtual club.

Regardless it doesn’t matter. We were never in the running for Annexstad’s services. If Richt hadn’t cooled on Sit, Ash would’ve only landed Jalen Chatman. Now there’s a name we haven’t heard in a while...

I knew that Annexstad wanted to walk on at Minnesota. That was his dream school.

Just saying that other schools land quality talent and we always seem to get the leftovers.

Ash’s recruiting is horrible.

Schiano was recruiting lights out and that was while being in the big east and not having the facilities that Ash now has.

By the time we can get rid of Ash and hopefully barchi too, we will be so far behind we might never catch up.

If the BOG does not hired a pro football program President this time, they should all be fired!!!

I knew that Annexstad wanted to walk on at Minnesota. That was his dream school.

Just saying that other schools land quality talent and we always seem to get the leftovers.

Schiano was recruiting lights out and that was while being in the big east and not having the facilities that Ash now has.

By the time we can get rid of Ash and hopefully barchi too, we will be so far behind we might never catch up.

If the BOG does not hired a pro football program President this time, they should all be fired!!!

You needed a separate thread for this? Not enough bitching this week?

whoever said that the other IMG QB didn’t beat out Sit was wrong.

Minnesota Freshman QB from IMG is starting and winning games for them.

Sit is not ready for prime time.

Looks like we did not get the better QB.

Score another one PJ.
It helps that Minnesota has a B1G caliber OLine and a pretty good running game...

Reactions: gef21

Recruiting was “lights out”. Lol

You think Ash is better than schiano?

Well enjoy, because you have this loser for four more years after this season.
No I don’t. I also don’t think we can compare Ash year 3 to schiano year 9. I also don’t think finishing 3, 4, or 5th in the Big East Behind teams like USF, Pitt, and Cincinnati in recruiting is “lights out”.

No I don’t. I also don’t think we can compare Ash year 3 to schiano year 9. I also don’t think finishing 3, 4, or 5th in the Big East Behind teams like USF, Pitt, and Cincinnati in recruiting is “lights out”.

It gets tiring, doesn't it? "lights out"? WTF

To the other point, year 3 or year 9, I don't even want Schiano anywhere near coming back to this program but I am not sure Ash is anywhere near the HC Schiano was. He has a LOT to prove and I have not even seen a glimmer of hope. Give us at least something...he is following the worse coach in our history and he has not improved recruiting, on field or behavior.

Lmfao

What is a pro-football President? What has Ash requested from the AD and Barchi that he hasn’t gotten? Or do you think Rutgers is going to suddenly shell out 6 million a year for a football coach, when they don’t have that kind of money?

I think it's fine to say Annexstad is more ready to play. But I think it should also be noted that he has a better supporting cast. Possibly/probably better directors as well.

As per who will be the better player in the long run? That has yet to be proven.

People can go look rather than make stuff up - here's Schiano's track record below. I also noted on the RT yesterday how many 2* Greg hit on early in his career - something not likely to be replicated given how recruiting has become an industry all its own in the last 15 years.

2001* Ranking: (N/A) 2001 Record: 2-9
2002 Ranking: 46 2002 Record: 1-11
2003 Ranking: 45 2003 Record: 5-7 * First Season with Greg's juniors
2004 Ranking: 52 2004 Record: 4-7 *First Season with Greg's seniors (Miami, VTech gone)
2005 Ranking: 68 2005 Record: 7-5 *First season with Greg's RS seniors (e.g. Ryan Neill + BC gone)
2006 Ranking: 42 2006 Record: 11-2
2007 Ranking: 37 2007 Record: 8-5
2008 Ranking: 46 2008 Record: 8-5
2009 Ranking: 38 2009 Record: 9-4
2010 Ranking: 64 2010 Record: 4-8
2011 Ranking: 32 2011 Record: 9-4
2012 Ranking: 24 2012 Record: 9-4
Average class rank - 45

Ash:
2016 Ranking*: 78 2016 Record 2-10
2017 Ranking: 43 2017 Record 4-8
2018 Ranking: 58 2018 Record TBD.
Average class rank - 51

* I don't think its fair to expect any coach to take over in December and drastically improve the trajectory of a recruiting class.

People can go look rather than make stuff up - here's Schiano's track record below. I also noted on the RT yesterday how many 2* Greg hit on early in his career - something not likely to be replicated given how recruiting has become an industry all its own in the last 15 years.

2001* Ranking: (N/A) 2001 Record: 2-9
2002 Ranking: 46 2002 Record: 1-11
2003 Ranking: 45 2003 Record: 5-7 * First Season with Greg's juniors
2004 Ranking: 52 2004 Record: 4-7 *First Season with Greg's seniors (Miami, VTech gone)
2005 Ranking: 68 2005 Record: 7-5 *First season with Greg's RS seniors (e.g. Ryan Neill + BC gone)
2006 Ranking: 42 2006 Record: 11-2
2007 Ranking: 37 2007 Record: 8-5
2008 Ranking: 46 2008 Record: 8-5
2009 Ranking: 38 2009 Record: 9-4
2010 Ranking: 64 2010 Record: 4-8
2011 Ranking: 32 2011 Record: 9-4
2012 Ranking: 24 2012 Record: 9-4
Average class rank - 45

Ash:
2016 Ranking*: 78 2016 Record 2-10
2017 Ranking: 43 2017 Record 4-8
2018 Ranking: 58 2018 Record TBD.
Average class rank - 51

* I don't think its fair to expect any coach to take over in December and drastically improve the trajectory of a recruiting class.
Facts are such a kick in the crotch to those pissing and moaning in the wind.

Say wha?
Was talking about the facts that the good @RUDiddy777 posted.
We know for sure that you will be pissing and moaning no matter what. So there's that.

Wrong.

I gave up on Rutgers Football already.

I don’t give a shit about them anymore.

They need to get serious about what their doing or drop out of the B1G.

This is embarrassing for them.

Wrong.

I gave up on Rutgers Football already.

I don’t give a shit about them anymore.

They need to get serious about what their doing or drop out of the B1G.

This is embarrassing for them.
The irony of this post is ironic.
You gave up on RU football, and you don't give a shat.
Then, you shat on them again after not giving a shat and express concern about embarrassment.
But you don't give a shat and you gave up on them.

Reactions: cicero grimes

He had other D1 offers. His father played at Minnesota. He is a legacy that grew up dreaming of playing there.

He passed on other full rides to try to compete at a higher level in P5 AND FOLLOW HIS DREAM

No way to fully judge Sitkowski yet. New OC installing new concepts, and every skill player other than Washington and Hilliman are underclassmen with little to no productivity under their belt.

The offense was going to go through a lot of pain this year with a new offense/OC being run by a freshman throwing to freshmen and sophomores behind a rebuilt line.

Reactions: cicero grimes
No way to fully judge Sitkowski yet. New OC installing new concepts, and every skill player other than Washington and Hilliman are underclassmen with little to no productivity under their belt.

The offense was going to go through a lot of pain this year with a new offense/OC being run by a freshman throwing to freshmen and sophomores behind a rebuilt line.

I get all of that but let's be honest; look at the replays of the INT's. Art had no one near him, stared down his receivers to the point where on the 1st INT, there were 5 defensive guys in the area. The second one, he had a receiver wide open but never took his eyes off the primary. I don't care how good the line is or the receivers are, you can't do that in football. Right now he's totally out of it when he gets on the field. He may be too young for this kind of pressure. Remember he hardly played last year.

Reactions: hiwater
I get all of that but let's be honest; look at the replays of the INT's. Art had no one near him, stared down his receivers to the point where on the 1st INT, there were 5 defensive guys in the area. The second one, he had a receiver wide open but never took his eyes off the primary. I don't care how good the line is or the receivers are, you can't do that in football. Right now he's totally out of it when he gets on the field. He may be too young for this kind of pressure. Remember he hardly played last year.

I agree that he probably wasn't ready - few true freshmen are. I would have been perfectly happy having Gio start the season and having Art work his way in as the season progressed.

Art is trying to juggle a ton right now. True freshmen always have an adjustment period getting used to college - scheduling, classes, new S&C routines, new playbook, new looks at defenses he's never seen, etc. When freshman QBs do succeed, they frequently have more veteran pieces around them so there are fewer variables. The protection has been shaky, the WRs are dropping balls, and the speed of the game is way faster than he has ever seen it.

Was a big risk throwing him into the fire on day one with so much uncertainty around him. Clearly he hasn't risen to that - but that doesn't mean he never will.

Reactions: hiwater
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT