ADVERTISEMENT

Friday Visitors

I have read from Marcellus Livingston that "He needs to decide if he wants to become a d1 player or not"

I saw Marcellus play about 13 games this past season. He is a very nice player and was the 6th or 7th man on Linden's state championship team. I think he will be a senior this coming season. He has a pretty nice shot but I don't think he is the player that Otis was for LHS. I do hope he has a great senior season but he might be a better fit at a lower D-1 or D-2 team unless he really improves this coming season. Otis was first team All State and not many players are as good as he was. He led and out played Isaiah Briscoe in the 2 wins that LHS had over Roselle catholic in his senior year.

Reactions: higgins3
How did this kid through the cracks....

Anosike is a 2016 player, not a 2017....HUGE lift to this team if we land him....

Younger brother of NIcky Anosike, who was a McDonalds AA, Tennessee grad, and played with WNBA LA Sparks....

All I read is article after article about how he was one of the best big men in the state....

Anosike is a 2016 player, not a 2017....HUGE lift to this team if we land him....

Younger brother of NIcky Anosike, who was a McDonalds AA, Tennessee grad, and played with WNBA LA Sparks....

All I read is article after article about how he was one of the best big men in the state....
Article in the Record (January 23, 2016) ...

http://www.northjersey.com/sports/h-s-boys-basketball-growing-up-anosike-has-its-benefits-1.1498107

He has prepped.

Also, at 6 6,I do not know if I would call him a big man. He is a versatile shooting guard, small forward,though.Can definitely bruise for rebounds at his size.

I think its a huge lift down the line, but I do not think it is instant.

I saw Marcellus play about 13 games this past season. He is a very nice player and was the 6th or 7th man on Linden's state championship team. I think he will be a senior this coming season. He has a pretty nice shot but I don't think he is the player that Otis was for LHS. I do hope he has a great senior season but he might be a better fit at a lower D-1 or D-2 team unless he really improves this coming season. Otis was first team All State and not many players are as good as he was. He led and out played Isaiah Briscoe in the 2 wins that LHS had over Roselle catholic in his senior year.

For sure. That is what Colicchio said about him " It is up to marcellus if he wants to be a d1 player or not"

I think its good to keep connection to Linden(Travon Jones), but I do not know if Marcellus is a Big Ten player. It seems like he would have to take quite the leap.

He has prepped.

Also, at 6 6,I do not know if I would call him a big man. He is a versatile shooting guard, small forward,though.Can definitely bruise for rebounds at his size.

I think its a huge lift down the line, but I do not think it is instant.
Where is he going to prep at?

Ej Anosike- some school is Ct. Marcellus is obviously not graduated yet.

I think Anosike could be ready to go now. Or it would be smart of RU to take the gamble. I like his game.

Ej Anosike- some school is Ct. Marcellus is obviously not graduated yet.

I think Anosike could be ready to go now. Or it would be smart of RU to take the gamble. I like his game.
This to me is the biggest news we have had in weeks. It could really really help the team both short term and long term.

This to me is the biggest news we have had in weeks. It could really really help the team both short term and long term.

Definitely. He has reason to want to stay home-big family in Nj.Sister played at Teneessee. Great kid on and off the court. It is up to Pikiell. He knows best. To be honest, I think it would be a great addition.

Just a very versatile player. Back to basket, face up skills, smooth shot, etc. At the 3, he would provide great versality and would add some boards. If I was to guess, I think he is a willing defender. Just seems like that kind of player.

Definitely. He has reason to want to stay home-big family in Nj.Sister played at Teneessee. Great kid on and off the court. It is up to Pikiell. He knows best. To be honest, I think it would be a great addition.

Just a very versatile player. Back to basket, face up skills, smooth shot, etc. At the 3, he would provide great versality and would add some boards. If I was to guess, I think he is a willing defender. Just seems like that kind of player.
Thats what I love to hear.

I feel that the 2016 team has enough talent to win many more games than people think....if it wasn't for the fact that that we are so thin. Get a guy like this...then the three is finally a deep position, plus if all of a sudden we lose a couple big men to injury, he can play the three and a little four it sounds like, or you can move Thiam or Laurent back to the four. If we lose a couple of guards, we can get away with playing him there a little as well. This is exactly the type of player we need.

Reactions: higgins3
We can't get ahead by recruiting kids who haven't yet decided if they wants to be D1 players. Those are the guys Rutgers Newark should be going after.

We can't get ahead by recruiting kids who haven't yet decided if they wants to be D1 players. Those are the guys Rutgers Newark should be going after.
See we are in a catch 22 here. Pikiell has lost a whole bunch more battles than he has won already. That will probably continue. Not our coaches fault, we just have nothing to sell that is tangible. You will see us land alot of under the radar little recruited kids that the coach may see something in. How do you change that? Win. This kid may actually help us win games immediately.

Reactions: RUJMM78
See we are in a catch 22 here. Pikiell has lost a whole bunch more battles than he has won already. That will probably continue. Not our coaches fault, we just have nothing to sell that is tangible. You will see us land alot of under the radar little recruited kids that the coach may see something in. How do you change that? Win. This kid may actually help us win games immediately.

Anieko is not the kid who it was said "Is he a d1 player" That was livingston. Anieko has letters from ivy leagues, and plenty of good schools.

Anosike has decided to go to prep school for a year to get better offers. Supposedly he is a very good student and his family pushes education as being very important. Just maybe RU is trying to persuade him to stay in the class of 2016. We do need at least one more scholarship player for the coming season and perhaps he is worth the gamble.

Anosike has decided to go to prep school for a year to get better offers. Supposedly he is a very good student and his family pushes education as being very important. Just maybe RU is trying to persuade him to stay in the class of 2016. We do need at least one more scholarship player for the coming season and perhaps he is worth the gamble.

That is what many are speculating. We will see. I think he would be a good fit here.

I agree.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT