ADVERTISEMENT

Frontcourt to the Frontline

Tango Two

Aug 21, 2001
North Brunswick, New Jersey
Thirty-three Rutgers women’s basketball players who have gone on to play professionally in the WNBA proudly remember Rutgers as their home base while training to reach stardom.

The world’s superstars of 2020 are on a different playing field. Healthcare professionals and frontline workers battling COVID-19 epitomize heroism and altruism in the face of crisis. One of these selfless superstars received her training on the same grounds as the 33 future WNBA players from the Scarlet Sisterhood.

Christa Evans characterized the core values of a Scarlet Knight – specializing in grit, accountability, and respect. A four-year mainstay on the hardwood for the Scarlet Knights from 2011-15, she was as tenacious as they come for a 6-foot-3 center. She fought through injuries and pain to support her teammates through 131 career games, a remarkable number considering a lingering fight with quadriceps tendonitis.

The two-time team captain helped lead Rutgers to iconic moments in the program’s storied history – the 2014 WNIT Championship, the first game in the Big Ten Conference, and the historic 900th career win by her head coach.

https://scarletknights.com/news/2020/7/13/frontcourt-to-the-front-line.aspx

Reactions: Bon1674 and MADHAT1
Thanks for posting TT. I never knew she went into nursing. Meh, just another Rutgers gem coddled by CVS.

My daughter is a nurse as well. Has been working 10 hour days, weekends, and on-call since start of March at Urgent Care. Has made me crazy because she is due to have 1st child in September. Add to that, the husband is a full time EMT.
For her OB visits she has to be masked, and gloved for her appointments. They bring her in from back door and directly into an exam room. Of course no visitors will be allowed to visit other than spouse.

Reactions: MADHAT1
Nurses are now almost heroes. And it is not just words, it is actually true. They are like warriors in this heavy fight with the coronavirus. It is does not seem to be over very soon. Unfortunately, their hard work is not paid for decently. I know it not from mass media, my best friend is a nurse. I am from the UK, https://postcodefinder.net/, so I know the situation from inside.

Last edited:
My daughter is a nurse as well. Has been working 10 hour days, weekends, and on-call since start of March at Urgent Care. Has made me crazy because she is due to have 1st child in September. Add to that, the husband is a full time EMT.
For her OB visits she has to be masked, and gloved for her appointments. They bring her in from back door and directly into an exam room. Of course no visitors will be allowed to visit other than spouse.
Not to pry - but it is now October, did everything go OK with the baby/grandkid? Hope all is well and you are enjoying the new baby. (My niece in law, also a nurse but in CA, had a baby in July. She was used to masks so I guess the labor was not so bad.)

Reactions: ScarletteK80
Not to pry - but it is now October, did everything go OK with the baby/grandkid? Hope all is well and you are enjoying the new baby. (My niece in law, also a nurse but in CA, had a baby in July. She was used to masks so I guess the labor was not so bad.)
Thanks for asking TAWRUReady. Minor problems towards end but everyone is fine. Two weeks early, weighed in at six plus pounds, now six weeks old. Whole saga of being pregnant, plus hospital brief stay bizarre, with all the Covid problems, and now with any home visiting or going out with him is a total ordeal.
Held him yesterday, and rocked him. a beautiful thing. Have to buy him some RU outfits, and accessories.

Reactions: MADHAT1
ADVERTISEMENT