ADVERTISEMENT

Full RU football team quarantined

Status
Not open for further replies.
“Since returning to campus on June 15, Rutgers football has experienced four positive tests for COVID-19. Today, we learned of six additional positive COVID-19 results in our latest weekly testing cycle,” according to a university statement released Saturday. “As a result, we have paused all in-person team activities, quarantined our entire program and will work diligently with Rutgers medical experts, and state and local officials to determine next steps.”

https://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/...ositive-coronavirus-cases-do-not-publish.html

Sucks. I wonder how many of the players that tested positive are asymptomatic? I would think most of them if they were doing football activities.

I don’t see how you can have a season like this. Practice is one thing, but imagine if this happens during the season? I dunno who the players are, but you can have entire position groups being wiped out.

At their age it's very possible, perhaps likely.

I wonder how it spread. Exposure to prior positives who got infected before they arrived on campus? Staff who are exposed to people off campus? Sneaking out?
I sure hope so, but nothing is sure at this point.

It’s just not going to be feasible to have fall sports. The writing has been faintly on the wall for a few months now, but with cases rising and states still just kind of doing whatever here going into August, I don’t see how a season happens or is sustainable if it starts up for little while.
We're in the middle of a pandemic....in the country that has handled it the worst by far.....setting records for cases and deaths on a daily basis.
And I see a thread about whether or not there's gonna be a Rutgers football season ? How long before some of you take this damn thing seriously ?

Well, there wasnt really much doubt that many schools would be seeing many positives.
All to wish for at this point is that each of the kids and their teammates, coaches, staff etc recover/stay healthy/stay safe and do not pass it along outside of the clubhouse.
Bottom line- prayers for any of the kids that are sick. That is kind of bigger than if we get to watch football

It was Only day 2 of workouts.
Did I see that there were 4 previous, so 10 in total?

Next section not in regard to your post...just my thoughts

Anyway- 6% after just a few days, that is not good at all. And sorry, but as a parent, I don't even like seeing any of my sons sick with a sinus infection. Each of these players actually have families that I am sure are not saying, well, they are young and it is only 6 of them...

It was Only day 2 of workouts.
So? Are you saying they got it from that? Young kids meeting up outside of practice could have led to the positives. Baseball has figured it out. EPL has figured it out. College football will figure it out. The beauty of college kids getting it is they don't normally have symptoms. And they aren't going back home to infect parents etc. 6 kids of 100+ plus and you are freaking out!

Did I see that there were 4 previous, so 10 in total?

Next section not in regard to your post...just my thoughts

Anyway- 6% after just a few days, that is not good at all. And sorry, but as a parent, I don't even like seeing any of my sons sick with a sinus infection. Each of these players actually have families that I am sure are not saying, well, they are young and it is only 6 of them...
yup 10 or 12 total, not sure if the 4 includes the 2 who tested positive before arrival or not.

Doesn’t take much for one house to get screwed up, although I don’t know that’s what happened. Ugh. Hopefully they can test and resume next week. My bet is they are not done yet.

you have to wonder if this is a result of kids not following the rules or just unavoidable circumstances.
The problem is there’s just too many people walking around not knowing that they have or had the virus, there’s so many people that have not been tested because they have no symptoms or very mild symptoms that could be a number of things. I just hope nobody gets too sick because this thing is no joke.

This is a wait and see type of situation, but one that needs to be handled with the ounce of prevention approach.
First of all there shouldn't be a thought of starting play before October and only then if the country's infection rate has gone down drastically.

If they all got it today they'd all be over it for.. what.. middle of august?

Gonna put up a poll to ask if members here have been tested

I heard this news on my way to a socially distanced happy hour in the park with my neighbors. I drank an entire bottle of wine to console myself
This sucks big time
Yesterday at ShopRite I noticed there were more people in the liquor store then the food store , heck my wife just had a family zoom call to Colombia, I’m going to have to hide that large bottle of wine before it too late , I may have to put her in a wheel barrel to get her into the bedroom , better yet I’ll just duct tape her to the wall with a pillow behind her head. :Laughing

Old people issue. Isolate yourself.

The rest of us need to push on. We have mortgages to pay. You going to cover it? Right, thought so. Push forward.

As and "old-ish" person I agree. Can't destroy the economy forever when those at risk can self quarantine.

Unless ya'll have another reason to kill the economy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT