ADVERTISEMENT

Future Rutgers Commencement speaker ideas

RUfinal4

Heisman Winner
Apr 24, 2006
While none of us have any real input maybe it can be interesting to throw some names out there that the undergrads should consider

Politics:
Elizabeth Warren (Rutgers law)
Corey Booker (current Senator for NJ)
Chris Christie (Governor of NJ)
Tom Kean (former Governor of NJ - has given a commencement address in the past)

Busines:
Bernard Marcus - Home Depot (RC 1951)

Literature:
Janet Evanovich (class of 1965)
Rudy Rucker (PHD Mathematics 1973)

Medicine:
Michael S. Gottlieb - (class of 1969)

Just a few suggestions above with many more you probably can think of that are Rutgers alums or NJ leaders.

Nicole Polizzi
George Norcross
Barbara Dare
Amy Freeze
Sharpe James

While none of us have any real input maybe it can be interesting to throw some names out there that the undergrads should consider

Politics:
Elizabeth Warren (Rutgers law)
Corey Booker (current Senator for NJ)
Chris Christie (Governor of NJ)
Tom Kean (former Governor of NJ - has given a commencement address in the past)

Busines:
Bernard Marcus - Home Depot (RC 1951)

Literature:
Janet Evanovich (class of 1965)
Rudy Rucker (PHD Mathematics 1973)

Medicine:
Michael S. Gottlieb - (class of 1969)

Just a few suggestions above with many more you probably can think of that are Rutgers alums or NJ leaders.

I was unfortunate enough to have to listen to Joe Biden giving a speech at Rutgers law school-Camden, and it was so long, and so bad, that I'd hesitate to invite another politician.

Marcus is an interesting idea. But I thought he has never given us money. Is there some other honor we can give him to encourage him to open his wallet.

Is Marcus actually listed officially somewhere as RC '51? If so, that would appear to contradict with other info that's floated around that he was a student in the Pharmacy School (then-Newark based).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT