ADVERTISEMENT

GAME 1: Basketball is Back

Reiber gave us something too. What’s clear is everyone including all the new guys will be contributing this season. Should be fun to watch.

Reiber came into the game at the end like Jon Favreau in The Replacements.... two tie ups in like 20 seconds of game time?

when we run a transition and alley-oop game the other team will get early open 3 chances.. nothing you can do about it.. I would have been more concerned about 3-point D had their threes come as part of their regular half-court offense.

I'd like to see Reiber over Doucoure in the rotation
a bit early to assume that.. imho.. if Pike agreed then that would have happened already. I do find how the team reacted to his play to be quite interesting.. obviously a popular player.

Last edited:
a bit early to assume that.. imho.. if Pike agreed then that would have happened already. I do find how the team reacted to his play to be quite interesting.. obviously a popular player.
I've already seen enough to know he is more versatile than doucoure. Doucoure should only play back up minutes at the 5. He brings nothing to the table at the 4

I've already seen enough to know he is more versatile than doucoure. Doucoure should only play back up minutes at the 5. He brings nothing to the table at the 4
did he play the 4 vs Scared Heart? oh we had 3 bigs in late.. Doucore, Rieber and.. someone else.. but you are probably correct.

Last edited:
did he play the 4 vs Scared Heart? oh we had 3 bigs in late.. Doucore, Rieber and.. someone else.. but you are probably correct.
Reiber could play the 5 over Doucoure against some of these OOC teams but I'm not sure if he's ready to handle the 5 in the B1G. Possibly depending on matchups.

The backup 4 spot is where there are more minutes available and if Pike wants to go bigger there at times I think that's a nice role for Reiber on this team.

I don’t want to see Doucoure at the 4. He is just so limited offensively and has no perimeter skills. Doucoure is an under the basket banger only

Watching the Sacred heart game I couldn't help think about some of the 5s we had in the recent past and the fact that this game would have been totally different if we had our pre 2019-20 centers in the rotation.

ADVERTISEMENT