ADVERTISEMENT

GAME 11 OHIO STATE: Speechless

I do not think it’s a coincidence that really bad play has coincided with a monster increase in minutes for Geo and McConnell and a significant decrease in minutes for Montez, and to a lesser degree, Young.

And also an increase for Reiber.

AND, Pikes roster combinations have been perplexing to put it nicely, and he still has zero feel for substituting based on game flow and player performance.

Reactions: Freddy Stubbs
I do not think it’s a coincidence that really bad play has coincided with a monster increase in minutes for Geo and McConnell and a significant decrease in minutes for Montez, and to a lesser degree, Young.

And also an increase for Reiber.

AND, Pikes roster combinations have been perplexing to put it nicely, and he still has zero feel for substituting based on game flow and player performance.
Reiber is not the problem. Usually only plays when Myles is on the bench. Honestly better then Duke and at least is getting some game experience. McConnell played well yesterday and it will take him some time to get in game shape. Geo to me is still playing hurt. I do like Montez but he also cane be streaky good and.......

Reactions: mikefla
Here we go again? Kevin Bannon started great ,then crashed. Mike Rice started out great, then crashed. Eddie Jordan started out with such promise, and then just crashed. Now Steve Pikiell. It looked for a while like he had a team that was a top 25 team , he got everybody excited, and now he crashes. Is there a curse on Rutgers basketball?
.The behavior of Bannon and Rice was the reason for their firing.Recruiting talent comparable to league competition has been a ongoing problem along with quality bench players.For Rutgers there has been a small margin for error as seen in recent B1G games.

Reiber is not the problem. Usually only plays when Myles is on the bench. Honestly better then Duke and at least is getting some game experience. McConnell played well yesterday and it will take him some time to get in game shape. Geo to me is still playing hurt. I do like Montez but he also cane be streaky good and.......
Are Geo, Young, and Caleb all currently playing a little less then 100%? That's likely.

There's got to be a morning after
If we can hold on through the night
We have a chance to find the sunshine
Let's keep on looking for the light
Oh, can't you see the morning after?
It's waiting right outside the storm
Why don't we cross the bridge together
And find a place that's safe and warm?
It's not too late, we should be giving
Only with love can we climb
It's not too late, not while we're living
Let's put our hands out in time
We're moving closer to the shore
I know we'll be there by tomorrow
And we'll escape the darkness
We won't be searching anymore
(There's got to be a morning after)

Please stop with the locker room issues. There has been not one word to support this. No reason to even speculate like that.

One constant of this team is that they all get along with each other.
I agree.

I think there's a team chemistry issue. But I don't think it's due to any players behaving badly or selfishly or anything in the locker room. I think it's more circumstantial (bunch of players coming back from injury all at once, which inevitably changes the on-court dynamic) at exactly the same time we're playing some very good basketball teams with very good coaches.

If the on-court pouting continues, locker-room issues might eventually evolve. But no reason to speculate at the moment, IMO.

No fans at home games. Because of their chemical make up, this team feeds off the fans and crazy bedlam at the RAC to get their mojo going. TEAM not skilled or talented enough to win without playing with emotional intensity.

That is why i was reading people wanted us to play Oregon or teams like that. The conference is difficult enough.

Those games would have helped us early in the season before we went backwards. Now, we would just get destroyed.

Yes they are unwatchable right now so I would rather watch a movie than bad basketball. If and when they decide to recover, get well and play competitive basketball I will watch. I can’t go to the games so watching or not watching is not affecting their play.

If we can hold on through the night
We have a chance to find the sunshine
Let's keep on looking for the light
Oh, can't you see the morning after?
It's waiting right outside the storm
Why don't we cross the bridge together
And find a place that's safe and warm?
It's not too late, we should be giving
Only with love can we climb
It's not too late, not while we're living
Let's put our hands out in time