ADVERTISEMENT

GAME 14 #1 PURDUE: Prove it all Knight....

The last shot probably designed for Paul but that would only tie the score.On the road the 3 pointer was the correct call with Spencer because it would win the game.OT would favor Purdue playing home.
Totally agree. Especially with our foul trouble, you go for the win there…unless you get a layup.

Decibels reached 122.2 last night. Second highest in arena history.

The last possession where Cam hit the winning shot i noticed when they were taking the ball up it was crazy loud. The only time I heard an arena as loud as the RAC.

Anyone notice the irony that the refs did make the right call on Caleb at the end of the game? Where were the attentive officials at the Ohio State game?? Cost us OSU and SHU!
Pike complained about the Purdue bench not giving Caleb space on the sidelines during the inbound play.

Reactions: Loyal-Son
bac and others have covered the key themes of last night. I’ll just add some unsung heroes and moments:

1. A brilliant coaching move by Pike to put Reiber on the inbound with 0.4 seconds left, and Reiber deflects the inbounds pass. Great job of coaching and execution there.

2. Woolf (5 minutes) and Miller (3 minutes) played sparingly, but they did their jobs. Woolf (50% foul shooter) calmly sinks two FTs in the first half after getting fouled on an explosive spin move in the lane. Miller provides tight on-ball defense in the first half after both McConnell and Mag get 2 fouls.

3. How efficient was Spencer?! Aside from the dagger three at the end, he goes 6-8 overall, hitting clutch shot after clutch shot. We need to get him more than the 5 to 8 shots per game he’s been getting. He has finally “settled in” as a P6 guard, and now he is poised to take the next step as a consistent 13-14 ppg scorer.

4. Masterful job by Pike and the assistants in managing the roster after just about everyone got 2 (and then 3) fouls.

5. We have beaten Purdue 5 out of 6, and Indiana 8 out of 9, so Pike has won 13 of 15 against teams from Indiana in the Big Ten. Indiana shall henceforth be known as Piscatawest.
I read somewhere that Steve Pikiell has made the state of Indiana a Rutgers home court advantage!! Lol

Another underappreciated item - Purdue completes the comeback and takes the lead on a 3 .. we’ve all seen that before and almost knew it was coming .. could have withered and lose by 10 like years ago but no .. we go on a 5-0 run and take it right back .. can’t overstate enough the clutch, ice in veins these guys have. Killer instinct

Another underappreciated item - Purdue completes the comeback and takes the lead on a 3 .. we’ve all seen that before and almost knew it was coming .. could have withered and lose by 10 like years ago but no .. we go on a 5-0 run and take it right back .. can’t overstate enough the clutch, ice in veins these guys have. Killer instinct
Yes!!!

What upsets me is that all the haters want to point to our offense as horrible. This offense is consistent according to the energy spent on defending the opposition. The offense will never be built around Purdue, Iowa, or Ohio State style, where you score and score more while forgetting to play defense.

I listened to a podcast yesterday, and the Purdue lover pointed out how our offense disappeared in the second half when the game got tight. Where was Purdue's offense in the first half? Many ill-informed outsiders still perceive Rutgers relies on one player to score most of the points in one-on-one situations. Anyway, at the end of the game, Rutgers ran several beautiful offensive sets to get the shot they wanted and scored. That's what makes this year's squad so dangerous.

Not a peep from anyone about Paul not being point guard material.
I remember planning on chiming in about it because the reality is Purdue guards are unathletic and some super young guys but I didn’t want to get berated nor feel like defending it again.

Same knight as Hamlin incident
Was so focused on end of game I didn’t notice what was going on my second tv until there was a timeout with under a minute left . I turned to other tv and saw Josh Allen crying . Was very odd moment being so nervous and exciting about beating #1 team while a player seems to be in big trouble surrounded by medical personal.
Let out a huge yell as horn sounded but seconds later was glued to tv concerned for a players life.

Reactions: Greene Rice FIG
Same knight as Hamlin incident
Was so focused on end of game I didn’t notice what was going on my second tv until there was a timeout with under a minute left . I turned to other tv and saw Josh Allen crying . Was very odd moment being so nervous and exciting about beating #1 team while a player seems to be in big trouble surrounded by medical personal.
Let out a huge yell as horn sounded but seconds later was glued to tv concerned for a players life.
sort of like Starks going 2-17 and watching OJ in his Bronco

ADVERTISEMENT