ADVERTISEMENT

Game 18 Sparty: We Belong

bac2therac

Legend
Gold Member
Jul 30, 2001
Belle Mead NJ
Oh that was close to a monumental victory for the program and Steve Pikiell. It did prove one thing. For the first time ever I think we can say that RU has arrived in this league. With the win over Wisconsin and in position to beat MSU with the last shot in regulation, say hello to Rutgers, Big 10. RU played toe to toe with the #4 team in the country on their home court. It was truly a war. Let that sink in...and that follows up a tight game vs Sparty at the RAC. Was this MSU at their best...of course not but who cares. RU was blown out by 30 by Purdue one week ago. They rebounded by digging down and beating Wisconsin and then taking MSU to the brink. On a day where Pike received a big extension I think we all can be excited of what the future holds when he brings in more talent.

And lets face it, the talent MSU had dwarfed RU but as we have been saying all year...toughness and intensity and desire can level the playing field. RU got down 14-2 and it looked like it was going to a be a replica of the Purdue game but RU chipped away and battled...and they did it again when MSU went up 37-27 out of the gate in the 2nd half. The underlying themes of tonight....TOUGHNESS, RESILIENCY, FEARLESS, CONFIDENCE, UNWAVERING, NOT BACKING DOWN, UNAFRAID. RU was punched in the mouth and withstood it. It wasnt Iowa or Illinois doing it, it was Michigan State. Thats big time balling you saw tonight. Pike has reaffirmed himself as a coach who just squeezes the most he can out of his players and they have responded to his call by once again putting in the full work necessary to make these games become battles

This was close to RU's best game of the year. Outrebounding Sparty 40-36, you got to be kidding me. Corey could have won it if any of his jumpers fell on those last two regulation possessions but RU probably needed Baker to have a solid game and he probably was the one guy of the main cast who didnt. Cannot criticize him at all though because he is going up against tough competition. But RU saw Thiam, Eugene, Williams, Doorson, Freeman, Corey all giving top effort..oh close to getting everyone on the same page. That is something to look forward to. Consistency in getting everyone to put that top game in more and more each night. Cannot say enough about the effort Williams gave tonight...9 points, 8 boards, that one he got off a Sanders miss in OT was a thing of beauty...all effort to rebound among the trees. Corey was taking over the game in the late stages and in a perfect world hits that shot in regulation but in the end RU just didnt have enough playmakers in the offense to take this game. In the end MSU used tough defense and responded with shots late. Nothing RU or Pike could have done anything differently this game. They left it all out on the table. Got some bad breaks with some questionable calls but thats all part of the game.

Now the key here is where do we go from here.? We seem to ask that question alot...where do we go after beating Seton Hall, where do we go after losing to Stony Brook...where do we go after losing to Stony Brook and Hartford...where do we go after a 30 point loss to Purdue, where do we go after a heartbreaking loss to Michigan State with OSU and Iowa coming to the RAC next week. Can this team translate this performance to lesser teams. RU for the most responds when they have a big target to shoot for. Pike and the players have done a great job with that. Ohio State is no slouch for sure but its a winnable game because its at the RAC but its a big IF, will OSU be focused on the road, can RU bring the same intensity and not just for this game but for the likes of Nebby, Illinois and Iowa. These last two games have certainly helped wipe the stain away from those hideous losses to Stony Brook and Hartford and it appears this team has put them in the rear view mirror. With no top 25 schools left on the schedule, I think it will be fun yet sometime frustrating rollercoaster ride through the last 13 conference games.

Great recap as always. Still have a ranked Purdue at home but there’s no game the rest of the way that’s an automatic loss.

ah forgot about them but yeah there should be no team that RU should be afraid of on the schedule the rest of the year home and away....and that Purdue game figures to be much different than the last one. Still might end up with only 5 or 6 league wins but this team fits in well with the rest of the league

the B1G schedule for us has been just unreal. We have to have (up to now) the toughest schedule in the conference. We have had one game I thought was "winnable" and we won it. I just hope we haven't shot our load so to speak.

Reactions: BillyC80
This once again demonstrated how incredibly important Corey is. We get blown out of the arena without his performance on the offensive side of the floor and guts in the second half. No one has more responsibility and more pressure on him than Corey and he kept us alive. And he WANTS the ball in his hands. And he had one turnover. I don't care that he missed 14 shots, no one else was going to step forward, he had to do it. We desperately need him to return next year. If he does, next year could be fun.

You know where we go from here? The next game. The rest is just chatter. Fun for us, but of no real value.

It's all about the next game. Because Rutgers has proved over and over that what happens one day means absolutely nothing to what happens the next day, good and bad.

I don't expect to win any game. I don't expect to get beat any game. I expect mentally tough, physically sound basketball. And tonight we got that. All we needed was another shooter or a bit of luck. (Or not playing a top-five team with an iconic coach in their building. Nobody gets calls, especially not a near-nobody, which we still are.

For now.

the B1G schedule for us has been just unreal. We have to have (up to now) the toughest schedule in the conference. We have had one game I thought was "winnable" and we won it. I just hope we haven't shot our load so to speak.

if we didnt already have a Stoneyhartford then I would agree with you about shooting our load. I think we seem to have our heads screwed on straight after seeing the last 2

Reactions: ScarletLongIsland
This once again demonstrated how incredibly important Corey is. We get blown out of the arena without his performance on the offensive side of the floor and guts in the second half. No one has more responsibility and more pressure on him than Corey and he kept us alive. And he WANTS the ball in his hands. And he had one turnover. I don't care that he missed 14 shots, no one else was going to step forward, he had to do it. We desperately need him to return next year. If he does, next year could be fun.

but this is what is so frustrating with Corey, he seems to play to the level of his opponent. There was no way he should have putting up those pitiful shooting numbers against alot of those Bumblebee Universities that he was facing earlier in the year. Can he be more consistent. Well we have two games in a row of the excellent Corey

but this is what is so frustrating with Corey, he seems to play to the level of his opponent. There was no way he should have putting up those pitiful shooting numbers against alot of those Bumblebee Universities that he was facing earlier in the year. Can he be more consistent. Well we have two games in a row of the excellent Corey
Reminds me of the old Terry Bradshaw quote:

"You can lose with me but you can't win without me."

This game was all about Corey. Wonderful game with no turnovers? Made tough shot after tough shot despite being fouled and never getting the calls. Great defense and some wonderful assists. Can not say more about the effort he gave tonight. That’s the lead story.

The coolest part in this loss was the MSU crowd. They weren’t in shock at being in a tight game with a bottom feeder or arrogantly dismissing the effort of RU but cheering as hard as they could for MSU to beat a tough conference opponent.

It was like RU actually belonged in the B1G.

Usually BAC nails it but this game was all about Corey. Leading off with “Can’t say enough about Williams?” Huh? This game was all Corey. One of the best RU single handed efforts in RU history. Up there with Hinson swatting away WVU, Riggins and PSU, Douby against St. John’s, or the games were Worthy, Geoff Billet, John Battle took over, and you start review with Williams? Very Odd.

For the record, one of the all time amazing efforts by Corey!!

Note: Thiam and Eugene played very well. Freeman and Williams were warriors. Thought Duerson had perhaps his best game considering the circumstances.

Shows why Pike deserves an extension.

Last edited:
Great recap. Fun but heart breaking game to watch. Also realized need to root for Souf to have the lightbulb go on, looked better tonight but need him to spell Cory/Baker to keep them fresh for end of game. Really baker, but fresh legs helps all.....

Reactions: AreYouNUTS
Eugene was a HUGE part of us staying in the ballgame in the first half on both ends of the floor. He was quieter in the second half probably after the fouls started to accumulate. He is a total nuisance on defense, quick, and is tough as nails for his size. On offense, he has really showed poise within the offense and has nifty finishing moves around the basket. I LOVE having this guy on the team.

Still need W's and right now we only have 1 in conference. We (the 6th man) need to do our jobs vs Ohio State. I'm sure 1-5 will.

Reactions: RUonBrain
Still need W's and right now we only have 1 in conference.
No matter who we have played, 1-4 does not look good. We have two home games up next. We knocked on the door now let's start kicking the S.O.B in. Eventually, you actually have to start winning some games.

Reactions: soundcrib
Eugene was a HUGE part of us staying in the ballgame in the first half on both ends of the floor. He was quieter in the second half probably after the fouls started to accumulate. He is a total nuisance on defense, quick, and is tough as nails for his size. On offense, he has really showed poise within the offense and has nifty finishing moves around the basket. I LOVE having this guy on the team.

Eugene had disappeared inexplicably...did it exams do him in, we absolutely have no shot if he is not contributing, glad he is back the past two games, he doesnt have to score 15-20. He has to be a presence..especially on D

Just a gutty, gritty performance. But I knew if Corey missed the last shot in regulation, we weren't going to win in OT.

We just missed beating MSU by one inch. That's how close Corey's last second jumper was to going in. One inch.

Boy, would I love to see the team follow up this game with two wins at home in winnable games. Let's go.

BAC, the adverbs and adjectives in your recap really sums up our team. A team that every real fan of Ru has to be especially proud of tonight and tremendously heartbroken for those players who left it all out on the court and took a bitter loss. Heartbroken for us fans and season ticket holders that have endured a lot these last 15 or so years. Some observations I would add:
1) The defense tonight was suffocating with great toughness not getting pushed around. We held MSU scoreless for lots of stretches but the stretch from the 17 minute mark to the 11minute mark of the second half, was the best defense I have seen since the Final Four team. MSU could not run their offense. Let that sink in for a minute. We suffocated them , a Lottery pick, a top freshman, the top shooting big man in the country, their lethal three point shooter, and their top guard. Zero, nada, Pickiell signature staple defense and rebounding without fouling on full display.

2) unfortunately, our offense during that stretch could not cut into the 37-29 lead for multiple trips. The lack of offensive weapons is what is holding this team back, but some of our weapons have to do a better job of trying to go to the hole.After Issa’s early 2threes , he did not try hard enough to go to the hole or to elevate and hit some shots. The same for Mike. Part of the problem is that horrendous weave that for some reason, our two shooters, Mike and Issa, always when they get the ball on the wing either with or without a screen, never ever Drive hard to the baseline trying for a foul or a bank shot. It is killing our offense as poor Corey has to do everything because no one else is capable or has no fear to take a tough shot . So the slight criticism of Issa and Mike is a year long problem that also happened tonight but let’s be clear the effort tonight especially on defense for Issa and Mike was outstanding and for those efforts and Mike’s rebounding they deserve tremendous praise and their own separate threads. We need them on offense badly.. They are not shooting enough threes and not driving past their defender enough when they come out to contest the three. They have to make the defense pay.

3) As I said in prior threads, we will go as far as Corey takes us. He had a really difficult shooting night early, but starting driving and pulling up for mid range shots that started going down, and I was starting to think he was going to carry us to the biggest upset of the college basketball season. I thought both his last 2 shots of regulation were going down especially that last one with 2seconds that just hit the front rim and I thought would kiss off the glass.. He ended 9-23 so he really was not hot but he was taking good shots all night. He was 0-4 from three and if he hits just one tonight we likely win. Corey like our entire team is a warrior and is starting to assert himself like he has to if we are going to have a winning season . His defense and lack of turnovers have also been outstanding . He is becoming a complete player and we are lucky to have him.

4) The return of Eugene the last 2 games is a thing of beauty, His defense and his drawing of charges are a thing of beauty. We got hosed with 1 minute 20 seconds left when they called him for a block when it was clearly a charge. Huge play as that would have fouled out Jackson and was either Eugene’s 4th or he fouled out. He is getting back his warrior mentality. Good things will happen for us as this season unfolds if we get this effort from him and not the 3game stretch of Stony Brook, Hartford, and Purdue, and more wins.
5) Our bigs did not score enough, partly because we do not ever set them up on the block to make a move and score, but played real tough on defense and on the boards. Shaquille, Sa, and Duke were not pushed around by Ward and Shilling down low, and played tremendous defense. A little more scoring attempts Pike has to design for them will help us tremendously and give Issa and Mike more space for the pass out for the three. Proud of their effort tonight.
6) Moral victories suck but Pike has been clear it is a process. He realizes he does not have the best talent but defense, hustle, rebounding and heart neutralizes talent sometimes and tonight it certainly did . I for one is especially proud of everyone who played tonight as they left it all on the court. They deserve a standing ovation for introductions for Ohio State. I will personally lead the chants and standing O!!

Bac- Good points all around. What a terrific effort by the team. They need to build on this and find a way to beat a very good and athletic OSU team on Sunday. If Geo, who I love, didn’t play like a freshman tonight I think RU pulls off the upset! Hopefully he brings his A game on Sunday!

This was also Shaq’s Best game of the year. Great to see his hard work paying off.

Last edited:
I’m not going to post a competing site’s link, but apparently this was a quote from Coach Izzo after the game...

On the performance from Rutgers: “That’s the most physical team we’ve played. We’re physical enough to play some teams. We’ve played Duke, North Carolina, Notre Dame, good teams. But today we played a well-coached team that’s as tough as the day is long.”

Kudos to the team for their grit, tenacity, and hard work. That is very high praise coming from a HOF coach. It just goes to show how important it is to have the right team culture and chemistry. To have the whole team engaged and believing in themselves that they’re onto something, you’d be surprised at what you can accomplish.

Oh that was close to a monumental victory for the program and Steve Pikiell. It did prove one thing. For the first time ever I think we can say that RU has arrived in this league. With the win over Wisconsin and in position to beat MSU with the last shot in regulation, say hello to Rutgers, Big 10. RU played toe to toe with the #4 team in the country on their home court. It was truly a war. Let that sink in...and that follows up a tight game vs Sparty at the RAC. Was this MSU at their best...of course not but who cares. RU was blown out by 30 by Purdue one week ago. They rebounded by digging down and beating Wisconsin and then taking MSU to the brink. On a day where Pike received a big extension I think we all can be excited of what the future holds when he brings in more talent.

And lets face it, the talent MSU had dwarfed RU but as we have been saying all year...toughness and intensity and desire can level the playing field. RU got down 14-2 and it looked like it was going to a be a replica of the Purdue game but RU chipped away and battled...and they did it again when MSU went up 37-27 out of the gate in the 2nd half. The underlying themes of tonight....TOUGHNESS, RESILIENCY, FEARLESS, CONFIDENCE, UNWAVERING, NOT BACKING DOWN, UNAFRAID. RU was punched in the mouth and withstood it. It wasnt Iowa or Illinois doing it, it was Michigan State. Thats big time balling you saw tonight. Pike has reaffirmed himself as a coach who just squeezes the most he can out of his players and they have responded to his call by once again putting in the full work necessary to make these games become battles

This was close to RU's best game of the year. Outrebounding Sparty 40-36, you got to be kidding me. Corey could have won it if any of his jumpers fell on those last two regulation possessions but RU probably needed Baker to have a solid game and he probably was the one guy of the main cast who didnt. Cannot criticize him at all though because he is going up against tough competition. But RU saw Thiam, Eugene, Williams, Doorson, Freeman, Corey all giving top effort..oh close to getting everyone on the same page. That is something to look forward to. Consistency in getting everyone to put that top game in more and more each night. Cannot say enough about the effort Williams gave tonight...9 points, 8 boards, that one he got off a Sanders miss in OT was a thing of beauty...all effort to rebound among the trees. Corey was taking over the game in the late stages and in a perfect world hits that shot in regulation but in the end RU just didnt have enough playmakers in the offense to take this game. In the end MSU used tough defense and responded with shots late. Nothing RU or Pike could have done anything differently this game. They left it all out on the table. Got some bad breaks with some questionable calls but thats all part of the game.

Now the key here is where do we go from here.? We seem to ask that question alot...where do we go after beating Seton Hall, where do we go after losing to Stony Brook...where do we go after losing to Stony Brook and Hartford...where do we go after a 30 point loss to Purdue, where do we go after a heartbreaking loss to Michigan State with OSU and Iowa coming to the RAC next week. Can this team translate this performance to lesser teams. RU for the most responds when they have a big target to shoot for. Pike and the players have done a great job with that. Ohio State is no slouch for sure but its a winnable game because its at the RAC but its a big IF, will OSU be focused on the road, can RU bring the same intensity and not just for this game but for the likes of Nebby, Illinois and Iowa. These last two games have certainly helped wipe the stain away from those hideous losses to Stony Brook and Hartford and it appears this team has put them in the rear view mirror. With no top 25 schools left on the schedule, I think it will be fun yet sometime frustrating rollercoaster ride through the last 13 conference games.

Thanks Wishy Washy Guy...lol

A few games ago this clown was questioning Pikiell....lol

Last edited:
This! Corey needs to come back and with more maturity and some good shooters coming in, this team can really make a splash next year in the B1G.

BAC, the adverbs and adjectives in your recap really sums up our team. A team that every real fan of Ru has to be especially proud of tonight and tremendously heartbroken for those players who left it all out on the court and took a bitter loss. Heartbroken for us fans and season ticket holders that have endured a lot these last 15 or so years. Some observations I would add:
1) The defense tonight was suffocating with great toughness not getting pushed around. We held MSU scoreless for lots of stretches but the stretch from the 17 minute mark to the 11minute mark of the second half, was the best defense I have seen since the Final Four team. MSU could not run their offense. Let that sink in for a minute. We suffocated them , a Lottery pick, a top freshman, the top shooting big man in the country, their lethal three point shooter, and their top guard. Zero, nada, Pickiell signature staple defense and rebounding without fouling on full display.

2) unfortunately, our offense during that stretch could not cut into the 37-29 lead for multiple trips. The lack of offensive weapons is what is holding this team back, but some of our weapons have to do a better job of trying to go to the hole.After Issa’s early 2threes , he did not try hard enough to go to the hole or to elevate and hit some shots. The same for Mike. Part of the problem is that horrendous weave that for some reason, our two shooters, Mike and Issa, always when they get the ball on the wing either with or without a screen, never ever Drive hard to the baseline trying for a foul or a bank shot. It is killing our offense as poor Corey has to do everything because no one else is capable or has no fear to take a tough shot . So the slight criticism of Issa and Mike is a year long problem that also happened tonight but let’s be clear the effort tonight especially on defense for Issa and Mike was outstanding and for those efforts and Mike’s rebounding they deserve tremendous praise and their own separate threads. We need them on offense badly.. They are not shooting enough threes and not driving past their defender enough when they come out to contest the three. They have to make the defense pay.

3) As I said in prior threads, we will go as far as Corey takes us. He had a really difficult shooting night early, but starting driving and pulling up for mid range shots that started going down, and I was starting to think he was going to carry us to the biggest upset of the college basketball season. I thought both his last 2 shots of regulation were going down especially that last one with 2seconds that just hit the front rim and I thought would kiss off the glass.. He ended 9-23 so he really was not hot but he was taking good shots all night. He was 0-4 from three and if he hits just one tonight we likely win. Corey like our entire team is a warrior and is starting to assert himself like he has to if we are going to have a winning season . His defense and lack of turnovers have also been outstanding . He is becoming a complete player and we are lucky to have him.

4) The return of Eugene the last 2 games is a thing of beauty, His defense and his drawing of charges are a thing of beauty. We got hosed with 1 minute 20 seconds left when they called him for a block when it was clearly a charge. Huge play as that would have fouled out Jackson and was either Eugene’s 4th or he fouled out. He is getting back his warrior mentality. Good things will happen for us as this season unfolds if we get this effort from him and not the 3game stretch of Stony Brook, Hartford, and Purdue, and more wins.
5) Our bigs did not score enough, partly because we do not ever set them up on the block to make a move and score, but played real tough on defense and on the boards. Shaquille, Sa, and Duke were not pushed around by Ward and Shilling down low, and played tremendous defense. A little more scoring attempts Pike has to design for them will help us tremendously and give Issa and Mike more space for the pass out for the three. Proud of their effort tonight.
6) Moral victories suck but Pike has been clear it is a process. He realizes he does not have the best talent but defense, hustle, rebounding and heart neutralizes talent sometimes and tonight it certainly did . I for one is especially proud of everyone who played tonight as they left it all on the court. They deserve a standing ovation for introductions for Ohio State. I will personally lead the chants and standing O!!

Great post!

Great game , disappointing loss but the future is very bright with Pikiell as head coach. Couple of thoughts--Surprised Geo wasn't on the floor at the end of regulation. He would have offered another option other than Corey as far as taking the last shot. And kudos to Freeman. I've often criticized his shot selection and not letting his offense come to him. But despite his size limitations, he's a warrior who gives great effort and establishes the team's overall physicality that Tom Izzo commented on after the game....Keep the faith....

We just have to realize that our margin for error remains small regardless of which conference team we are playing. Our offensive challenges will not magically get better. Defense and overall effort need to be the constants to preclude anymore Stony Brooks and Hartfords. A lot to like and latch on to based on last nights performance, but it means little come Sunday.

Can you imagine if analysis was done every 6 games. Games 13 thru 18. What highs and lows.

13 Seton Hall
14 Stony Brook
15 Hartford
16 Purdue
17 Wisconsin
18 Michigan State

13, 17, and 18

Sanders 67 points

14,15, and 16
Sanders 33 points

I think we (especially me) should look at progress in 6 or so game stretches.
19 OHIO STATE
20 IOWA
21 at michigan
22 NEBRASKA
23 at penn state
24 at illinois

Eugene had disappeared inexplicably...did it exams do him in, we absolutely have no shot if he is not contributing, glad he is back the past two games, he doesnt have to score 15-20. He has to be a presence..especially on D

Do they keep stats on number of charges drawn per game? Eugene is a beast in that area, and he should have had another last night that was called a blocking foul late.

He just has a knack of anticipating and being exactly where the offensive player isn't expecting him to be.

Love the energy, the defense, the hard-nosed toughness - and he'll keep getting better. Really is like a baby Draymond.

Reactions: goru7 and RUonBrain
Pikiell manages Sanders in game very well.

Pikiell knows that his key to success is in #3. He will give him a chance because he knows if their gets one spark from him, they can stay in the game. They also have other players who must contribute.

Also, what do you folks think about starting Doucoure? I would stay away from it. Let the kid observe and come in at 14 minutes.

Matchups aside, Baker, Sanders, Thiam, Omoyuri, Freeman looks good to start for me.

17:33 first half and Doucoure has two fouls. He played a vital part in the end of the game. But he couldn't be help after the first 2 minutes and 27 seconds.

Lots of bad calls, but we have seen those go our way at home. Particularly on Omoyuri, who happens to be one of the best defenders on the team. Once Omoyuri went out, Bridges went off.

Not mentioned enough were the contributions last night by Thiam and Mike Williams. Thiam did a very fine job on Bridges and Williams was scrappy and made some big points and rebounds. ...

This game was all about Corey. Wonderful game with no turnovers? Made tough shot after tough shot despite being fouled and never getting the calls. Great defense and some wonderful assists. Can not say more about the effort he gave tonight. That’s the lead story.
I remember the driving basket Sanders made in the first half that was disallowed because the foul supposedly came before the shot.What if it counted?

This is a build towards 2018-19, while winning key games in the process.

I would not remove Doucoure from the starting lineup and would leave Baker in as well....we need to bridge the talent gap to next year and that only happens by learning on the job this year and taking some lumps a handful of possessions per game.

We went through this last year and wondering whether Thiam would ever be a threat last year....his 3's lifted RU from a horrific first half and then drew Miles Bridges to make sure he didn't get loose in the 2nd half....that was because we force-fed Thiam last year and took the lumps then.

Doucoure had good starts at Minnesota and at Purdue, despite being in foul trouble and limited minutes....he has the shooting ability from 12 to 17 feet and can pull a big away from the paint to generate driving lanes for others.

We also had Eugene draw another charge in the final minute that was called a block (I thought it was a game sealing play, if called properly)...Eugene didn't look good for much of last year and I don't think hit a jump shot, until he hit a couple at Northwestern on the road....some of his jumpers were also airballs in that same game.

I call this "stacking".....that means you bring the learning curve for the player up as fast as possible and then evaluate what they cannot do in live-action and then coach the things he can do into the game plan.

Another learning curve was the double screen dribble drive pass that was designed to free up Geo in the final minute...the pass to him was pretty good, but he looked like he stumbled and caused him to never catch the ball cleanly for a potential 3....the ball went out of bounds to Michigan State, off Baker.

These are all vicious/difficult situations we are placing underclassmen in and it shows a tremendous amount of confidence to let Doucoure take those jumpers, to run a double screen for Thiam and to ask Geo Baker against elite backcourts like Seton Hall, Purdue, Michigan State, Florida State to compete....and carry a heavy workload.

These lessons should help as we move into late January and February and it's a constant evaluation process....this staff is excellent at pushing players beyond what they believe they can do and that includes Sanders....his last 2 games are now what the standard is, when a coaching staff has about a year and a half with a player and things start to settle down....Corey is settling for the mid-range vs challenging the defense every possession and is using his quickness to shed defenders....his ability off the dribble has to create havoc for opponents, if he plays under control...getting his brains beaten in the first 2 years at RU and seeing his development now as a junior is what we can be happy about.

Adding the next wave of talent will help RU make those steps forward next year....the added plus is we are more competitive and winning key games right now in early January....

Agree with whoever said Duke should be starting and to come in at around 14.

Seems every game he starts with 2 quick fouls.

I like the production from Sa in spot minutes. Also wtf with that 3 last night. I audibly scream, "No!!!" as he pulled up haha.

Good game by a team on the up and up.

Still amazing that MSU was not called for any fouls in OT.

Also thought the duo that did the broadcast was the best and most fair we have had this year. The one guy sounds like Clark Kellogg.

ADVERTISEMENT