And you know it don't come easy
You don't have to shout or leap about
You can even play them easy
Forget about the past and all your sorrows
The future won't last
It will soon be your tomorrow
I don't ask for much, I only want trust
And you know it don't come easy

There are two recaps I am torn with going with and cannot decide on either. The first one says that RU grinded out another needed win inching closer to securing their first NCAA tourney bid since 1991. RU wins by 14 finishing the game on a sick 60-36 run after going down 10 early in the game. A smothering defensive performance where Myles Johnson just stymied anything that Northwestern could generate inside forcing Northwestern to try shooting way more shots from outside than they would like. A game in which RU simply dominated the boards 44-31. A game in which Northwestern was held to a season low 50 points on just 33% shooting. What was impressive is that RU stuck to their guns ultimately when things were not going well. The grind and the chop. It was their defense that kept things from unrravelling and when things got close it was the defense that generate some turnovers which led to easy transition buckets and eventually enough to break open the game where RU closed the game strong.

A couple of key junctures. Down 14-4, RU would go on an unbelievable 33-13 run. I do not care how bad a team is, its very hard for one school to do that to another school at this level. That this was the second time in two games vs Northwestern (see the 31-11 run the first meeing) makes it all the more impressive and shows you what Rutgers is capable of when they really are hitting on all cylinders. RU shot too many 3s in that stretch going 0-5, that is not their game. It seems as if the first few possessions were just way too much degree of difficulty. Basketball isnt that hard. When RU got used to moving the ball around and getting it inside to Myles, they flourished. Harper got his midrange game going. The good Justin Young in control and making good decisions and taking good shots. Caleb making some sweet passes for assists. In the meantime the defense was oppressive limiting Northwestern to one shot and out and to a 9 minute stretch from first to 2nd half with no fgs. Proving its the defense that RU needs to dig into to get the offense functioning with confidence

Then 2nd half and RU struggling mightily on offense as it went into is usual funk...8 minutes without a bucket and the lead cut to 43-40. Then Myles the Monster took over. Myles had 6 boards including 3 on the offensive end and 2 blocks in a 4 minute stretch where RU built its lead from 45-40 to finally what probably sealed the game, a Geo for 3 that put RU up 54-42. Myles had 10 in the first half on 5-5 shooting but it was his job in the paint tonight that won him the MVP tonight. A whopping 14 boards to go with his 12 points and 2-3 at the line Myles was perhaps the only player tonight who played consistently well all game long. Also forced to play alot of minutes at 32, this was such a bounce back effort from a woeful foul ridden ineffective disappearing act at Iowa. Geo was absent much of the night but a couple of his shots in then 2nd half were at key moments..one at 41-38 and as alluded to most likely the game sealer to put RU up 12. Harper was big too...big spark for RU early and then came up big defensively down the stretch collecting a bunch of rebounds. A quiet double double for RU with 14 and 11 despite 5 turnovers. You get the feeling that bustout game from him is coming soon. Have to make special mention of Caleb. I mean those two 3s as ugly as the offense looked were big shots and sometimes its better to get points than to look pretty. I think without those 3s , RU may have still won but you are likely looking at death struggle to end like 53-50. Overall Caleb struggled shooting but he also contributed with 7 boards and 3 assists. Caleb does not have to be the flashiest guy. He just needs to positively contributed and he did that today in a key juncture.

Free throw shooting..wow amazing...14-16, everyone was hitting. Sometimes its contagious

The win puts RU one step closer to clinching that elusive NCAA tourney bid. Some may disagree with me but I think RU is one game away from effectively clinching a bid. Time will tell but RU is in a driver seat position right now and compared to others around the bubble, I just cannot see a scenario developing where they do not make it.

Okay well thats the good now for the negatoid in me. This team is maddening to watch. They lose leads and momentum in a snap of a finger. Like an earlier game vs OSU with a chance to go up 16, here RU could have gone up 43-27 on NW but a Geo fast break turned into a weak jam attempt from him not taking contact and it was blocked. RU would then go 7 more minutes without a fg and was outscored 11-0 and all of a sudden it was a game. The offense reverted back to what we saw in the 4 game losing streak. Missed bunnies, bad turnovers, too many fouls, too many 3s. All the things we have seen from this team and fear showed up. We had hoped this was behind them but alas its a part of this team. I think its not going away. The key is just to try to limit those moments and work through it. Seems like players like Young and Mathis still continue to make the same mistakes and not learn their lesson. In addition RU completely abandoned any notion of gettng the ball inside and players like Geo looked like they saw a ghost, tentative and afraid to do anything. RU got bailed out by two back to back 3s by Caleb where the passing and set ups looked awful.

The inability to have a killer instinct is a concern as we look forward and yes its fair for us to look forward at the NCAA tournament. My concern is tough to rely on play that is so spotty from certain players themselves. We all know the issues with Jacob but now what is up with the passivity of Geo. With Mathis proving ineffective and Myles basically our entire 5 there is such a small margin for error. The kind of game played tonight will not beat Michigan or win at Minnesota or even beat Maryland/Indiana. I am just wondering when will we get the kind of performance we got in the Illinois game or at Indiana. I know this team is a capable of it. We saw the 33-13 run tonight. Am I nitpicking? Maybe? But I would like to see this team rise to the ability I know they are capable of. Something seems to hold this team back and they get in their way. I do not know if its confidence or what but they tend to multiply their mistakes like rabbits. Yes I have expectations. I think this team COULD be dangerous in the NCAA tourney but will they be. Offensively they have to get things going or its going to bite them in the ass. Today was a win and that is important and winning does not have to be pretty. There are no style points for winnings. I embrace winning yet this team leaves me worried when I think about matchups with Michigan and a first round matchup against a more experience 10 or 11 seed. The good news is that RU is good enough where we can nitpick a little and have expectations because this damn RU team is ready to make history and I would love to see this team elevate its confidence level to reach its full potential. More trust between teammates and more leadership down the strecth can make a world of difference in how far we go come tourney time

In the Big Ten, every win is a great win. Nebraska had Illinois beat last night and gave it away. Northwestern had Indiana beat the other night and gave it away. Bottom line Rutgers took care of business today

This is not a normal season and they aren't playing under normal circumstances. The mental and physical wear and tear combined with the heightened expectations have to be taking a toll. Yet here they are on the cusp of something truly special. I wish our fan base was more appreciative. Especially our fan base.

Ringo Starr. Love It. 1971 Gold !

Little known fact about the song is that George Harrison was a co writer / producer but he never took any credit.

NW game scared me because they're due to breakout at some point.

Terrific games from Caleb; Myles and Harp !

Great defensive team effort and Harp really picked up his game defensively.

Reactions: BuckRU
Love the Ringo reference! Just a great song and RINGO is such an underrated, “Beatles” album.

Hate that you criticize Young and Mathis and ignore Harper’s turnovers and fouls which were just as critical and plentiful to say the least. We overcame that. He had good numbers but....

Mulcahy in the first half was typical underrated good. Love the hockey assists!

Myles was Myles... so good!

Young does what Young does with the threes and that sneak out which was probably the play of the game. So disheartening for other team. Like a blocked punt.

McConnell and Mulcahy also so good doing what they do. Swiss Army knives is great description.

Thought Geo had rough game but basket of game to stop the skid.

Defense was magnificent. We fought back after early deficit.

Foul shooting was great. In 2nd half we were again so far behind in fouls for most of game. Again ridiculous. But thankfully Myles was not.

Great game for Pike and D. If we ever hit threes again we will be a force. Hopefully Ron got confidence back. JY is a godsend. Nice win and great D!

Beat Michigan!!!

Ringo Starr. Love It. 1971 Gold !

Little known fact about the song is that George Harrison was a co writer / producer but he never took any credit.

NW game scared me because they're due to breakout at some point.

Terrific games from Caleb; Myles and Harp !

Great defensive team effort and Harp really picked up his game defensively.

As a long suffering Rutgers fan, I’m happy to take the win and move us one step closer to locking up that elusive bid.

But I think it’s fair to criticize the performance tonight. The long stretches of putrid offense are a recurring theme. I think Pikiell needs to be quicker to switch things up. I don’t like the “scheduled” substitutions of JY & MM together around the 13-16 minute mark of each half. And when we start to toss up bad shots and turn the ball over, Pike is too slow to make the changes.

What is readily apparent is the lack of consistent scoring by any player.The end result is long scoring droughts putting added pressure on the defense .Against lower tier B1G teams Rutgers has shown the ability recently to overcome scoring droughts and still grind out wins.The next opponent is Michigan which is a bad match up at every position.After that game Rutgers has a realistic chance with every remaining game.They have already defeated Maryland,Indiana and Minnesota and Nebraska has yet to win a league game.As such fans should be optimistic that Rutgers will win at least two more games which will result in a 10-10 league record.At the same time those teams except for Nebraska still think they can achieve a NCAA bid by a late season winning spurt.There will be anxious moments in every game because of the offense but hopefully fans will finally be able watch the NCAA selection show and hear Rutgers name be announced after 30 years of waiting.

The +/- number when on the court, doesn't add up in some cases

Caleb(31:04) +21 Jacob(23:24) +18(as bad as he looked, +18 on the court)
Myles(31:27) +14 Geo(32:40) +10
Mathis(13:39) +6 Ron(33:01) +4
Mulcahy(26:16) 0 Cliff(8:29) -3

NW Beran -19, Buie, Gaines -13, Nance -10

You see who was on the court when we made positive runs

As a long suffering Rutgers fan, I’m happy to take the win and move us one step closer to locking up th

bid.

But I think it’s fair to criticize the performance tonight. The long stretches of putrid offense are a recurring theme. I think Pikiell needs to be quicker to switch things up. I don’t like this “scheduled” substitutions of JY & MM together around the 13-16 minute mark of each half. And when we start to toss up bad shots and turn the ball over, Pike is too slow to make the changes.

Nice to show the Young and Mathis bashers and the Harper who could do no wrong. Food for thought!

Great D, but pretty weird on offense. Geo only takes 4 shots, 14-16 in FTs, scoring lulls and poor decisions, but key plays to maintain the lead. One thing about this team, though, that I've noticed throughout the year, is that they know how to close out games when they have the lead. I haven't gone over all the games, but that's how it seems. In past years, the inability to close out was a big issue. Not this year.

Reactions: Scarlet83

Have we ever seen that lineup?

CM
JY
MJ
GB
MM

Nice to show the Young and Mathis bashers and the Harper who could do no wrong. Food for thought!
The +/- stat is useless for indicating an individual player's value to the team. Mathis was a negative this game. He contributed nothing. And he's been on a string of poor outings.

Reactions: bac2therac
This is not a normal season and they aren't playing under normal circumstances. The mental and physical wear and tear combined with the heightened expectations have to be taking a toll. Yet here they are on the cusp of something truly special. I wish our fan base was more appreciative. Especially our fan base.
you would think a fan base like ours that has been through losing season after losing season would appreciate anything. We have no room to demand perfection

Bac-

A good Jekyll and Hyde review for RU’s Jekyll and Hyde offense. We’ve been winning lately with great D, good rebounding and now good FT shooting. But our offense is so erratic. Like you said, when RU is sharing the ball, making the extra pass and getting Myles post touches, we look very good. Then the selfish, one-on-one, excessive dribbling takes over and we go into long scoring droughts. It is frustrating that Pikiell hasn’t figured out a way to prevent that from happening.

While the recap makes sense, it is one thing to assume most teams can hit the gas for a 31-11 run or 33-13.....but the larger question isn't that, it again is an overall, negative RU recap on a 14 point win....a game that to me watching, RU was never in danger of losing.

So, I think, many of us watch the other B1G games in general......The question is what other program do you see and watch that is ......

A) Easier to coach....??

B) Easier to get to defend....??

C) Easier to play the supposedly 40 minutes of offense and defense, to blow out these teams by more than 14-15 points every night...??

If I told you Michigan only beat PSU by 4 at home in December, is that Michigan not playing hard for 40 minutes.????....is it Juwan Howard's fault....the players fault??

Who has Michigan actually played to be a 1 seed.....?? Are they actually better than Ohio State, Iowa, Illinois, Wisconsin, Rutgers....have they played anyone of those teams??? Who have they played to be tested besides a young Purdue team @ Mackey??.....Maybe we learn a lot more about them in the next 3 weeks....maybe they are headed to the Final Four, but I never ever saw RU playing Ohio State and thought "that's a 1 seed".....

Which other B1G team do you want to be.....??

Do you want to be this years Sparty...????....the wildly erratic Maryland team....?????....the Indiana team that sweeps Iowa, but lost to NW at home and needed double OT to beat them 2nd time?? Or the Indiana team that is not competitive against in-state rival Purdue....??

Do you want to coach a wild shot taker and sometimes maker like Marcus Carr....can you recruit to a place like Minnesota consistently...???

Is it Illinois who's depth that supposedly was there a month ago,, has now eroded to the Ayo Dousumu show again....??

Is it the either overrated Buckeyes, who seemingly get every call in Columbus, but has no size??

Which other B1G coach would you rather have?? Painter, Izzo are clearly coaches who typically develop talent and recruit for their system....Holtmann for Ohio State isn't a good coach, he's the best in the B1G and probably a Top 15 national coach, but is Ohio State without the aid of a rash of referee whistles THAT much better than RU at full speed and health?????

I don't know but Chase Audige of NW, is a slightly different version of Mathis.....Marcus Carr is Jacob Young with an unlimited green light to shoot.....Jackson-Davis at Indiana......a talented player who could get 20 most nights but isn't a fly above the rim player and probably needs another season in college, but will probably leave early anyway.

Is Archie Miller drastically better than Pike.....what about Turgeon....Pitino Jr.....is Fran McCaffrey your version of coaching??....not to me, you can keep Fran....

Brad Underwood is churning recruits and accumulating talent at a high level....can he develop anyone beyond the obvious NBA talent of Dousumu and massive Kofi, who is kinda already a finished product?? When in trouble, just run a clear out for Ayo and let him try and score....

The point is if you watch enough of the games in the B1G, it's not that easy (to me)....maybe Greg Gard at Wisconsin is your ideal coach because they don't turn the ball over and look under control most of the time.........but can he coach kids who have upside and athletic ability and get that type of player to play in a system, or does he shed them and the upside that's needed, once you get outside of B1G competition??

It's just a very complicated and competitive league....I think we are all learning in the last 2 to 3 seasons, for the 1st time in the last 30 years, what big time basketball is like....and teams and programs have a style and identity....

And the more I watch around the country, I think we are in better shape than many RU fans want to actually believe....but I think the last 28 to 29 years of no-chance programs, no identity programs, built on a razor thin house of cards most seasons, just takes time to forget about and can't allow the positive energy of watching a program and identity being built....not saying it's perfect (they are all flawed), but RU basketball now appears like it has an identity/culture....something beyond the nonsense of recruiting a 1 and done "all about me" players..........which says a lot to me.....RU & it's system/identity/culture of toughness beat Northwestern twice, Minnesota once, outworked Purdue, beat the more talented Illini.....the last step is getting the respect of the refs that our culture and identity is how we play....and once these ticky-tack fouls against us hopefully erode slowly and go away in a couple more years, RU basketball will become something we can identify with.

Last edited:
While the recap makes sense, it is one thing to assume most teams can hit the gas for a 31-11 run or 33-13.....but the larger question isn't that, it again is an overall, negative RU recap on a 14 point win....a game that to me watching, RU was never in danger of losing.

So, I think, many of us watch the other B1G games in general......The question is what other program do you see and watch that is ......

A) Easier to coach....??

C) Easier to play the supposedly 40 minutes of offense and defense, to blow out these teams by more than 14-15 points every night...??

If I told you Michigan only beat PSU by 4 at home in December, is that Michigan not playing hard for 40 minutes.????....is it Juwan Howard's fault....the players fault??

Who has Michigan actually played to be a 1 seed.....?? Are they actually better than Ohio State, Iowa, Illinois, Wisconsin, Rutgers....have they played anyone of those teams??? Who have they played to be tested besides a young Purdue team @ Mackey??.....Maybe we learn a lot more about them in the next 3 weeks....maybe they are headed to the Final Four, but I never ever saw RU playing Ohio State and thought "that's a 1 seed".....

Do you want to be this years Sparty...????....the wildly erratic Maryland team....?????....the Indiana team that sweeps Iowa, but lost to NW at home and needed double OT to beat them 2nd time?? Or the Indiana team that is not competitive against in-state rival Purdue....??

Do you want to coach a wild shot taker and sometimes maker like Marcus Carr....can you recruit to a place like Minnesota consistently...???

Is it Illinois who's depth that supposedly was there a month ago,, has now eroded to the Ayo Dousumu show again....??

Is it the either overrated Buckeyes, who seemingly get every call in Columbus, but has no size??

Which other B1G coach would you rather have?? Painter, Izzo are clearly coaches who typically develop talent and recruit for their system....Holtmann for Ohio State isn't a good coach, he's the best in the B1G and probably a Top 15 national coach, but is Ohio State without the aid of a rash of referee whistles THAT much better than RU at full speed and health?????

I don't know but Chase Audige of NW, is a slightly different version of Mathis.....Marcus Carr is Jacob Young with an unlimited green light to shoot.....Jackson-Davis at Indiana......a talented player who could get 20 most nights but isn't a fly above the rim player and probably needs another season in college, but will probably leave early anyway.

Is Archie Miller drastically better than Pike.....what about Turgeon....Pitino Jr.....is Fran McCaffrey your version of coaching??....not to me, you can keep Fran....

Brad Underwood is churning recruits and accumulating talent at a high level....can he develop anyone beyond the obvious NBA talent of Dousumu and massive Kofi, who is kinda already a finished product?? When in trouble, just run a clear out for Ayo and let him try and score....

The point is if you watch enough of the games in the B1G, it's not that easy (to me)....maybe Greg Gard at Wisconsin is your ideal coach because they don't turn the ball over and look under control most of the time.........but can he coach kids who have upside and athletic ability and get that type of player to play in a system, or does he shed them and the upside that's needed, once you get outside of B1G competition??

It's just a very complicated and competitive league....I think we are all learning in the last 2 to 3 seasons, for the 1st time in the last 30 years, what big time basketball is like....and teams and programs have a style and identity....

And the more I watch around the country, I think we are in better shape than many RU fans want to actually believe....but I think the last 28 to 29 years of no-chance programs, no identity programs, built on a razor thin house of cards most seasons, just takes time to forget about and can't allow the positive energy of watching a program and identity being built....not saying it's perfect (they are all flawed), but RU basketball now appears like it has an identity/culture....something beyond the nonsense of recruiting a 1 and done "all about me" players..........which says a lot to me.....RU & it's system/identity/culture of toughness beat Northwestern twice, Minnesota once, outworked Purdue, beat the more talented Illini.....the last step is getting the respect of the refs that our culture and identity is how we play....and once these ticky-tack fouls against us hopefully erode slowly and go away in a couple more years, RU basketball will become something we can identify with.
I don’t know about better shape. The three frosh behind Cliff haven’t shown anything all year. Except for Bullock, to date, every freshmen Pike has recruited has shown something.

I don’t know about better shape. The three frosh behind Cliff haven’t shown anything all year. Except for Bullock, to date, every freshmen Pike has recruited has shown something.

I really think you are discounting the much shortened OOC where the frosh usually get their feet wet playing against higher level competition. And you are also not considering the deep upperclassman talent this team has. And except for Cliff, we don’t need the freshman to play an on the court role this year.

I think the frosh will develop and play a bigger role next year, especially Mag. I like Mag a lot.

The negative folks will concentrate on how quickly we can lose a lead and go into scoring droughts. Me, I will concentrate on how quickly we can comeback from a slow start and score in bunches. Proud as Hell for this team and Coach Pike and what they have accomplished ( so far😎) under a grinding difficult season.

Last edited:

A) Easier to coach....??

Great post
I’ve been doing this for 47 years
This is potentially a great team but the league is unlike any league we have been a part of in the last 50 years
Every team is good
Over a few week span we lost Cliff, Geo, Ron, and. Jacob
We didn’t even have Caleb to start
These injuries took a while to shake off
The key is to find the chemistry again
Geo has to be the man
He has proven it over and over again
The team has to know that
Even when RHJ gets back his shooting
Geo is still the man in crunch time
Jacob is important but just needs to stay under control
He is as physically talented as any guard in the country but has to think like a point guard and not a lead guard
Cliff to me finally looks to be trusting his knee
He is vital to us
Caleb is growing into a great all around player
This team can go far into the tournament if it all comes together

A) Easier to coach....??

Well said but as Rutgers fans we have been starved of winning for so long that many of us including myself act irrational and want perfection!!
Early on many experts said 5-6 losses would win the Big championship and like you said we still don’t know enough about Michigan and they can lose 3-4 more games
This is by far the toughest league top to bottom in the country

I really think you are discounting the much shortened OOC where the frosh usually get their feet wet playing against higher level competition. And you are also not considering the deep upperclassman talent this team has. And except for Cliff, we don’t need the freshman to play an on the court role this year.

I think the frosh will develop and play a bigger role next year, especially Mag. I like Mag a lot.
A lot of good recaps and I would add not having fans at the R A C prevented some bigger blowouts and better performances from our guys. On a non related matter, the women’s win over a 20th ranked Minnesota was one of the best played and enjoyable games of the year.

Great post
I’ve been doing this for 47 years
This is potentially a great team but the league is unlike any league we have been a part of in the last 50 years
Every team is good
Over a few week span we lost Cliff, Geo, Ron, and. Jacob
We didn’t even have Caleb to start
These injuries took a while to shake off
The key is to find the chemistry again
Geo has to be the man
He has proven it over and over again
The team has to know that
Even when RHJ gets back his shooting
Geo is still the man in crunch time
Jacob is important but just needs to stay under control
He is as physically talented as any guard in the country but has to think like a point guard and not a lead guard
Cliff to me finally looks to be trusting his knee
He is vital to us
Caleb is growing into a great all around player
This team can go far into the tournament if it all comes together
To your point on the league being so tough, the BTN announcers pointed out that no way does Northwestern go on an 11 game losing streak in any other conference

IMO these recaps are usually fair and balanced. Much more so than what you read in the game thread. They tend to be long and capture both the good and the bad of the individual game in detail with comments on every players performance. If you were not at all concerned about our start this evening, our continued struggles from 3, or the 8 minute scoring drought in the second half and knew that the game was in the bag I am happy for you. To me, that says something about the opponent just as much as it does about us. The schedule recently has been more favorable.

I am usually trying to project whether such a performance works against better teams. It did not against Iowa and I had no issues with our effort in that one. It is good that we can win games while not playing our best and the defensive effort lead by Myles has become consistently better. Myles is the one person who has consistently played better now than earlier in the season. Yet that Iowa game lingers with regard to how quickly he can be taken out. He is clearly the most impacted by how a game is called.

When trying to figure out whether Andy Katz is right about our ability to make a deep run in the tournament, I was more bullish about that earlier in the season and the primary difference is that we were shooting the three ball better than we ever did before. While I don't think we were as good as our percentage indicated then, I don't think we are as bad as we have been lately. I will be happy if we just win the games we should the rest of the way and take our chances in the tournament hopefully as a #7 seed.

I don't know if anyone listened to the Northwestern post-game interview, but Collin's perception of the game is weird. He talked about holding Rutgers to 7 FGs (7- for 27) the second half, and his team didn't take advantage of it. His team shot the same numbers. NW was 7 of 27 for the second half. Rutgers held NW to a season-low of 50 points. You were never going to win the game with those numbers.

they opened -8, closed -10

they covered.

it was a good win.

yes, it's painful to watch at times.......
Basketball is painful to watch at times. All team sports are painful to watch at times. We would love to win every game 90-17 with great shooting, rebounding and defense but it’s not going to happen. This team had Indiana beat twice last time out and we handled them. That’s a nice win to me.

Reactions: Scarlet83

I think John and Paul also helped RIngo on some songs which was why I called it the last Beatles album. It is a great fun listen after All Things Must Pass and Speed of Sound/Band on the Run?

This team truly has 8 starters....... unfortunately, that means they have 8 players starting who might be better coming off the bench...

You have to give the NW defense some credit. Sure, we had some of our usual boneheaded plays and unforced errors on offense, but when NW was in man-to-man I thought their defense was stifling at times.

But we figured it out and found a way to secure a 14-point win. I felt the same way at PSU, who imo played outstanding D on us. We figured that out too and even though we fell short there, we had a stellar second half.

I personally feel our winning streak (now 5 of 6) took root in that second half of the PSU game. So, all credit to our B1G opponents for making it tougher than we’d like, but I see that as hardening us for tournament season. I like where we’re headed.

Rutgers beat a decent NW team last night. Don't look at their record--if they were playing in any other conference they're at worst a middle of the pack team. Audige, Nance and Young are good solid players. Key against Michigan is Myles staying out of early foul trouble --maybe Pike should start Cliff and see how Michigan uses Dickinson. Strong rebounding is so important for this team--it signifies tough aggressive defense and relentless play. And for this to happen , someone ( Harper) besides Myles needs to rebound. Another key is stopping Wagner. Livers is very solid but Wagner can hurt you with his play. He does a lot of things well and reminds me of Iowa's Weiskamp.

This team truly has 8 starters....... unfortunately, that means they have 8 players starting who might be better coming off the bench...
Everyone but RHJ has come off the bench. Geo was due to injury. Myles was to keep him out of foul trouble. IMO those 3 are clear starters and the rest are good enough to start for most teams in this conference. The real issue is we don’t really have a 4 on this team. RHJ can guard a 4 and does it well but he’s a 2-3. Geo is a 1-2. JY is a 1-2. Mulcahey is a 1-4 on O but 3-4 on D. Same with Caleb. Tez is a 2-3.

It’s nice to have a lot of guys who can handle the ball. Also nice to be able to switch on screens when playing D. It is why we are holding teams to their season lows.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT