ADVERTISEMENT

GAME 31 Purdue: There are no words

bac2therac

Legend
Gold Member
Jul 30, 2001
Belle Mead NJ
EARTH SHATTERING

There truly are no words. Since I have been recapping for 20 years here. I invite all Rutgers fans to do this recap for me. I am in disbelief at this momentous moment. Eventually I will get to breaking down this game but right now just flooded with emotions.

Our boys are the most loveable bunch ever at Rutgers. So much grit, never say die, they do not always do things right and we scream and break television sets because of it but we love this team no matter. I have never seen such a hard working bunch of kids ever. A salute to them and the coaching staff and a shrine should be erected in honor of Coach Pikiell

W4mdIiN.png

EARTH SHATTERING

There truly are no words. Since I have been recapping for 20 years here. I invite all Rutgers fans to do this recap for me. I am in disbelief at this momentous moment. Eventually I will get to breaking down this game but right now just flooded with emotions.

Our boys are the most loveable bunch ever at Rutgers. So much grit, never say die, they do not always do things right and we scream and break television sets because of it but we love this team no matter. I have never seen such a hard working bunch of kids ever. A salute to them and the coaching staff and a shrine should be erected in honor of Coach Pikiell

W4mdIiN.png
WE ARE INNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!

There are a few moments during the game where you start to believe. Even though Stefanovic tied the game late. There was a moment late when he missed an open 3 and another in OT when he missed a big one. I started to feel it for once. We werent going to get our hearts ripped out.

Last edited:
Oh the irony. Rutgers finally wins on the road in a hostile environment, likely sealing an NCAA bid, and bac is at a loss for words!!

Come on bac, looking forward to your stream of consciousness thoughts on this momentous occasion.

But for now, a well deserved pause.

Incredible. You know I don't believe in jinxes and omens, but maybe running into you after the MD game for the first time in a few years did the trick, lol. I recall we both thought we were in, but with a little doubt and said let's go beat Purdue before we left the RAC that night. Been a long time, my friend - I know we've had a few (ok more than a few, lol) arguments over the years over lots of unimportant things, which all pale in comparison to this. We all deserved this for everything we've put up with for so long.

Forgot to record the damn game and I don’t see it being rerun overnight - just Ped State - NW

Recap: what we just did to Purdue, I saw the inmate "Teabag" do to another prisoner on the show Prison Break

Reactions: bac2therac
I couldn't bring myself to even follow the game (no chance of actually seeing it down here). When I knew the game was probably over, I still couldn't bring myself to check on the score for like half an hour. I decided I would rather be Schroedinger's cat than know one way or the other.

Bizarrely, I still kind of feel like we both won and lost. The emotions are so high, it feels like maybe I just wandered into an alternate universe for a while.

Does this make sense to anyone?

I'm only 26 and have followed Rutgers football since I was like 12. But I only started following Rutgers basketball since Pike was hired. So I haven't been been through what most of all of you have been through following the program. And I don't know a single person on this board here in real life but I am so ****ing happy for everyone here. And @bac2therac the recaps after every game have been awesome, as someone who didn't play, it has helped me understand the game more so thank you. Anyway, what a day! Let's dance!

Congratulations to the team, coaches and the long suffering fans. Honestly though they would be a NIT team. Happy to be wrong. Happy to see the RAC loud again this year. Schiano back and going to games.

When the air went out of the place at the end you could hear a mouse fart. Really fun to see.

Great win. Leave no doubt. Love the fact he took it to the hole. Young’s dunk was unreal. Only complaint was Pike sticking with the set lineup too long.....but he made the adjustment. No we can all watch RU at the tourney on TV.

1. Winning this game with Myles on the bench was huge. I have been tough on a Carter but he stepped up today.
2. Huge props to Young for not hanging his head after missing the 2 FTs and the foul at the end regulation. That dunk was one for the ages.
3. Purdue was deadly accurate at the line.......until clutch time.
4. Harper’s three was huge
5. Yeboah turned the ball over more than usual but had some big points early stopping Perdue runs
6. Coach Pike with the short bench again, hardly any Mammadu and McConnell (sorry for spellings just so damn excited!)
7. And then there is Geo..............when you Google Clutch player you will see his picture.....smiling of course.
8. After coming back down 21 against PSU only to lose by 1 this team could have easily rolled over and died. That amongst so many other reasons is why Coach Pike is my B1G coach of the year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT