ADVERTISEMENT

Game Day Experience Thread

University of Phoenix Stadium for Fiesta Bowl last year for one. Chase field as well. So that’s two off top of my wife’s head

In order to accommodate the desires of baseball fans at Chase Field while also recognizing the necessity to maintain maximum levels of safety and comfort, the Arizona Diamondbacks have formulated the following policy regarding items being brought into Chase Field:

Large bags or items that exceed 11" x 11" x 15" in dimension will not be allowed into the ballpark. Soft coolers ONLY will be authorized as long as they are within the 11" x 11" x 15" requirement. Any food item should be brought in a clear plastic grocery style bag. The Arizona Diamondbacks recommend that fans utilize clear bags to reduce wait times at the gates.

Luggage or bags larger than 11" x 11" x 15" in dimension will not be stored or checked by the Arizona Diamondbacks due to safety and security concerns.
You seem to lie a lot.

Overall it was fine, but the first game is always a clusterf..., like they weren't aware of the game and it was just scheduled that day, so they threw together some stuff. Many concessions weren't ready 20-30 mins before KO and were missing workers.

New ticket scanners or the software on the old ones were very slow or not working.

Food: New cookie dough was fine and better than expected. Papa John's pizza was replaced with Sodexo pizza that was similar. Get a wood burning pizza oven already and make us real neapolitan pizza in 60-90 seconds. Fruit bowls were good. TD tots are always the best food option.

Reactions: NotInRHouse
Everyone knows the outside food ban is really for revenue reasons, they just don't want to admit it.

Why have bag size restrictions at a stadium, especially if the bags and wallets are clear? There's no limited bin space like on an airline.

The only time that I remember tight security before 9/11 was at Shea Stadium for a Mets-Braves game after John Rocker gave his measured opinion of the riders on the 7 train.

Question for the Blue Lot crowd:

How was the enforcement scene? In the Yellow lot, we didn't see any cop through-traffic at all. It seemed, from our perspective, that the ATV jockeys were keeping to the pavement.
We rolled in just about 8:30 - saw them stroll down our row twice, that was it. No ATV's. Did not see them hassle anyone.
Cops were up and down the blue lot rows several times. What really aggravated me was the cop that gave my college son an underage drinking ticket that resulted in $1,000 when he was having beer in a solo cup at my family tailgate last year, came up to me with a big smile on his face and says “how are we doing this year?”, then him and his two partners walked away laughing.
Do you have ID information for him? If so, send it to the Athletic Department, the RU administration, anyone at Rutgers you can think of. Make waves.
Perfect day. The weather could not have been better for September 1.
Except for one little thing: was definitely not prepared for the hot, direct sunshine we got from the 2nd quarter on. Damn @RU848789 !
icon_mrgreen_zps1e660791.gif
Some schmuck forgot to bring sunscreen.
Ladies, going forward , shove your purses down your pants, like many of us already do with water bottles.
So that's why everyone keeps asking if you're happy to see them!
Are we talking pro venues like Met Life and Yankee Stadium or college stadiums (Ohio State, Maryland, Illinois, Pitt, Syracuse) because I’ve been to all listed and no place is as ridiculous as RU.
Oh, just stop with those pesky facts!
lol WIN MORE and people will “go”...People aren’t staying home because of security and concessions.
Actually, there are some who are. Not a lot, but right now we need every body we can get in the seats.

Girlfriend was turned away at a gate a couple years ago because her small purse was larger by millimeters than the cardboard template.

We just walked to another gate, and got in; it was close enough for the second staffer. Have never had a similar issue at a pro game.

In order to accommodate the desires of baseball fans at Chase Field while also recognizing the necessity to maintain maximum levels of safety and comfort, the Arizona Diamondbacks have formulated the following policy regarding items being brought into Chase Field:

Large bags or items that exceed 11" x 11" x 15" in dimension will not be allowed into the ballpark. Soft coolers ONLY will be authorized as long as they are within the 11" x 11" x 15" requirement. Any food item should be brought in a clear plastic grocery style bag. The Arizona Diamondbacks recommend that fans utilize clear bags to reduce wait times at the gates.

Luggage or bags larger than 11" x 11" x 15" in dimension will not be stored or checked by the Arizona Diamondbacks due to safety and security concerns.
You seem to lie a lot.
What exactly does copying and pasting a policy prove? Not to mention, it was a football game and not a baseball game. If you google the policies for the cactus bowl it says no food except water and baby food. Which is different than your copied baseball rules.

You seem to think simply googling things makes you an expert. What exactly does copying and pasting a policy prove? Not to mention, it was a football game and not a baseball game. If you google the policies for the cactus bowl it says no food except water and baby food. Which is different than your copied baseball rules.

I posted the stadium policy.

You're suggesting that Chase Field has a published bag policy and then, on game days, enforces a significantly more restrictive, unpublished policy.

So... basically this is a case of your not-infrequently questionable word against... ya know... stuff that's written down.

I'm good, here.

I posted the stadium policy.

You're suggesting that Chase Field has a published bag policy and then, on game days, enforces a significantly more restrictive, unpublished policy.

So... basically this is a case of your not-infrequently questionable word against... ya know... stuff that's written down.

I'm good, here.
In conjunction with Homeland Security, Rutgers will strictly enforce its bag policy. Bags that are clear plastic, vinyl, or PVC and approximately 12" x 6" x 12", or one-gallon clear plastic bags or similar, and small clutch bags, approximately the size of a hand, can be taken into athletic venues.

That is Rutgers policy...written down, yet people are stating the policy yesterday was more restrictive. How can that be?

In conjunction with Homeland Security, Rutgers will strictly enforce its bag policy. Bags that are clear plastic, vinyl, or PVC and approximately 12" x 6" x 12", or one-gallon clear plastic bags or similar, and small clutch bags, approximately the size of a hand, can be taken into athletic venues.

That is Rutgers policy...written down, yet people are stating the policy yesterday was more restrictive. How can that be?

The published Rutgers Stadium criteria for what you quoted as "small clutch bags" is 4.5" x 6".

Yesterday they were measuring women's wallets and anything that exceeded the above measurements by the slightest amount resulted in the guest being turned away.

My original question to you was:

"Name another stadium where they're measuring wallets and turning away guests who are 1/4" over the mark."

You gave examples that do not fit the criteria.

So you're stupid AND a liar.

It's the Ignore List for you.

The problem security is going beyond the policy. Glorified patrol boys who think the are the law.

Came up to the Hale Center entrance at 10:45 and was greeted by 4 officers blocking the 4 lane entrances. I guess they thought me and my mother who uses a walker were going to bust the gates. Thing is there were hardly a hand full going in at that time and they refuse to totally get out of the way. I actually had to get in sideways through the two gates. One guy I figured was in his late 70's told another guy he had to remove his hat. Said he never heard of something like this.

I used the concessions behind 128 and actually had to tell the kid how much money he owed me from a 14.00 order. WTF???? The braided pretzel was soft and delish. But my hotdog came only with half a roll when I took it out of the wrapper.

A women in her 70's sits in front of me . She had her purse, an actual purse not a wallet, inside her clear plastic RU bag. That's all that was in it. LOL

ITT, questions or comments related to the overall game day experience. Examples:

1. Entry procedures were once again a disaster. Literally measuring wallets to see if they conform to a specific size is not a sustainable practice and isn't something done at any other venue. Women were being turned away by the scores and the resulting chaos made the entry process far too lengthy.

2. The number of porta-johns behind Sec 106 have been reduced by more than half. Because, apparently, the remainder of the space under the ramp is being used as a parking lot for lawn equipment (which looks completely trailer park).

3. Someone mentioned to me that the concessions situation upstairs continues to be a shit show.

Question for the Blue Lot crowd:

How was the enforcement scene? In the Yellow lot, we didn't see any cop through-traffic at all. It seemed, from our perspective, that the ATV jockeys were keeping to the pavement.
I have been a season ticket holder for 35 years. Yesterday we were turned away because my wife's wristlet was to long (8"). The same one she's been using gameday for the last ten years.As a fan I am committed to this program . I really would like to be there to see them reach the upper echelon of college football, but ultimately this stadium B.S is going to be the deal breaker. I hope someone over there can rectify the situation.
I can stand the ups and downs with winning and losing seasons but to me this petty
stadium policy stuff is unforgivable.I am aware of this game day crap and try to comply, but how many people have their game day experience ruined and never come back?
That's a thread for another day.

The season tickets came with a clear rutgers bag. If you bring things into the stadium, put them in that bag. It’s really not that complicated.

If you’re complaining about not being able to bring in water bottles and food, welcome to the new policy for every sporting event in America.

Reactions: vkj91
I have been a season ticket holder for 35 years. Yesterday we were turned away because my wife's wristlet was to long (8"). The same one she's been using gameday for the last ten years.As a fan I am committed to this program . I really would like to be there to see them reach the upper echelon of college football, but ultimately this stadium B.S is going to be the deal breaker. I hope someone over there can rectify the situation.
I can stand the ups and downs with winning and losing seasons but to me this petty
stadium policy stuff is unforgivable.I am aware of this game day crap and try to comply, but how many people have their game day experience ruined and never come back?
This is insane. Who is the administrator at Rutgers who we can e- mail or call?

Me and my group of 6 had a great time. Got to our lot at ten and was glad to see the boys in blue making sure everything was good to go. Cops are awesome they have a tough job at times. Never had an issue with them at RU because I or anyone in my group do not give alcohol to people that are not 21 yet. Follow the rules and things seem to work out. Went through security with no issues did see a loser hiding alcohol in his pants pocket who thought it was so cool that he was not caught. We had a great experience and left the lot an hour after the game after we had a couple of modelos each. Can’t wait for the Kansas and cowboys trip on the same weekend gonna be awesome.

The problem security is going beyond the policy. Glorified patrol boys who think the are the law.
I’m not saying They weren’t. Personally, I had no issue. What I was saying is this isnt just a Rutgers thing.

The published Rutgers Stadium criteria for what you quoted as "small clutch bags" is 4.5" x 6".

Yesterday they were measuring women's wallets and anything that exceeded the above measurements by the slightest amount resulted in the guest being turned away.

My original question to you was:

"Name another stadium where they're measuring wallets and turning away guests who are 1/4" over the mark."

You gave examples that do not fit the criteria.

So you're stupid AND a liar.

It's the Ignore List for you.
Haha. Promise?

Last edited:

No offense but isn’t that 2 inches above the policy?

The same policy that is used across the NFL and many big time college stadiums?

This isn’t a new policy but it’s clear they decided to start enforcing it to the nth degree this year.

It sucks but people need to adapt and stop complaining about everything.

Reactions: RULoyal and vkj91

This isn’t a new policy but it’s clear they decided to start enforcing it to the nth degree this year.

Or stop buying tickets and then the policy will have to change.

Overall it was fine, but the first game is always a clusterf..., like they weren't aware of the game and it was just scheduled that day, so they threw together some stuff. Many concessions weren't ready 20-30 mins before KO and were missing workers.

New ticket scanners or the software on the old ones were very slow or not working.
These kind of things just shouldn’t happen when you have almost a whole year to prepare.

Doesn’t anybody know what a “dry run” is anymore?
I’m not saying They weren’t. Personally, I had no issue. What I was saying is this isnt just a Rutgers thing.
For a lot of things mentioned (so far) in thread it IS just a Rutgers thing.

University of Phoenix Stadium for Fiesta Bowl last year for one. Chase field as well. So that’s two off top of my wife’s head
Wait a minute. Beaver stadium? Fiesta bowl? And RU connections?

What are you some kind of Zoffinger?

Was it just me or did it seem the MCSD guys were futher out than in the past?

Wait a minute. Beaver stadium? Fiesta bowl? And RU connections?

What are you some kind of Zoffinger?

I go to the fiesta bowl every year. Just so happened Ped state was in it last year
Before my kids sports schedules took over my life, I used to go to a lot of college games. Having some college friends from Pa they always wanted to go to the white out. It was easier and cheaper to get 5 season tickets together than it was to buy them on secondary market. So I had season tickets for two years at PSU.
I root for RU because I live in NJ and games are close. Honestly, I have no connection to the school. Once I move to Arizona, I’ll get ASU tickets and probably never go to another Rutgers game.

I go to the fiesta bowl every year. Just so happened Ped state was in it last year
Before my kids sports schedules took over my life, I used to go to a lot of college games. Having some college friends from Pa they always wanted to go to the white out. It was easier and cheaper to get 5 season tickets together than it was to buy them on secondary market. So I had season tickets for two years at PSU.
I root for RU because I live in NJ and games are close. Honestly, I have no connection to the school. Once I move to Arizona, I’ll get ASU tickets and probably never go to another Rutgers game.
Just busting balls. I know you said you had no love for psu. And you usually have decent inside RU intel. Hey, you could have married into the Zs and I would have been partially right.

Just busting balls. I know you said you had no love for psu. And you usually have decent inside RU intel. Hey, you could have married into the Zs and I would have been partially right.
True, but I wasn’t smart enough to marry into money.

The house band by the student center concourse was pretty sad. Nothing like elevatorized grunge to get the crowd going. Sound and mix were horrible, did they even have a guitarist? Could only really hear the keyboards, which kinda made the songs a big tinkily snooze fest. I guess maybe a good idea, but execution was bad. Which is weird since the normal pumped in crap IS THIS FUC&ING LOUD!!!!

We rolled in just about 8:30 - saw them stroll down our row twice, that was it. No ATV's. Did not see them hassle anyone.

Do you have ID information for him? If so, send it to the Athletic Department, the RU administration, anyone at Rutgers you can think of. Make waves.

Except for one little thing: was definitely not prepared for the hot, direct sunshine we got from the 2nd quarter on. Damn @RU848789 !
icon_mrgreen_zps1e660791.gif
Some schmuck forgot to bring sunscreen.

So that's why everyone keeps asking if you're happy to see them!

Oh, just stop with those pesky facts!

Actually, there are some who are. Not a lot, but right now we need every body we can get in the seats.

“Do you have ID information for him? If so, send it to the Athletic Department, the RU administration, anyone at Rutgers you can think of. Make waves.”

I don’t, but there was a thread last year and his picture was posted; and many posters had stories about the guy. Mid 40s, bald, with glasses.

And by the way, when he got the ticket last year, his cup was empty when the cop came over. The cop concluded that he was drinking because he smelled the cup and he said it smelled like beer.

That's ok I won't complain, I'll just stay home and watch the games on tv. You can keep your 12 tickets and parking passes and I'll keep my donation money. Like hundreds if not thousands of other past season ticket holders who opted out through the years.
I'll adapt to my easy chair . No problem brother.

Special lines for people without bags are fine if there are metal detectors or patdowns.

Yes. Beaver stadium is worse. They denied my 8 year old entry because he had a mini size packet of M&M’s. Thursday night I went to a Red Bull’s game. Had to take cap off my water before entering. Kids went to get food and weren’t allowed back to our seats because they didn’t have their tickets. I had to go up and get them. As I said in another thread last night, went to our game at Arkansas, they wouldn’t let me in the stadium with the bag I got when I purchased a t shirt at their bookstore.

I’m not saying there aren’t things RU can improve on but to make believe these things don’t happen at most stadiums is laughable

That’s a very short list of other venues you are using to support your claim. I and others have provided a much longer list of venues less restrictive than HPS. Furthermore, having to remove the cap from your water bottle is LESS restrictive than not being allowed to bring in any water bottle at all. And while having to show you’re ticket stub to get to your seat might be an inconvenience, it’s not a restriction.

ADVERTISEMENT