ADVERTISEMENT

Game Day Experience Thread

That's ok I won't complain, I'll just stay home and watch the games on tv. You can keep your 12 tickets and parking passes and I'll keep my donation money. Like hundreds if not thousands of other past season ticket holders who opted out through the years.
I'll adapt to my easy chair . No problem brother.

Have fun! Ashame you can’t comply with a simple policy.

Reactions: RU_Planning
I go to the fiesta bowl every year. Just so happened Ped state was in it last year
Before my kids sports schedules took over my life, I used to go to a lot of college games. Having some college friends from Pa they always wanted to go to the white out. It was easier and cheaper to get 5 season tickets together than it was to buy them on secondary market. So I had season tickets for two years at PSU.
I root for RU because I live in NJ and games are close. Honestly, I have no connection to the school. Once I move to Arizona, I’ll get ASU tickets and probably never go to another Rutgers game.

I'm glad you admit that you are a fair-weather fan

I entered on the side by the audi club, not sure of the name of the gate (north,south?) but there was no line for the audi club entrance line with 3 people waiting to scan then everyone who was not going to audi club had a line 100 ft deep. with only 5 people. funneling 2 lines into 1 person with a scanner is ridculos..alos there are so many police standing around it seems that the county or security operations is sticking it to Rutgers for security cost and RU cant make up the cost of operations for gate operations or supervising concessions.. ill note the same on the survey that was requested..

Reactions: rubigtimenow
Me and my group of 6 had a great time. Got to our lot at ten and was glad to see the boys in blue making sure everything was good to go. Cops are awesome they have a tough job at times. Never had an issue with them at RU because I or anyone in my group do not give alcohol to people that are not 21 yet. Follow the rules and things seem to work out. Went through security with no issues did see a loser hiding alcohol in his pants pocket who thought it was so cool that he was not caught. We had a great experience and left the lot an hour after the game after we had a couple of modelos each. Can’t wait for the Kansas and cowboys trip on the same weekend gonna be awesome.
This post is BS. Just a little background my tailgate consists of one retired local Chief of Police and two captains. So I am not anti-police. Over the last 5 or so years certain police at the games are pure a-holes with the new thought that they are macho ex seals with the tight cut haircuts and military garb. They hassle anyone they think are even close to being under age. They tried this last year with my tailgate of about 25 people. We typically have around 5-8 young 25-30 year old alums. They stood off in the distance and rushed in as soon as they had their first drink. The ex-chief basically told them to get the f out of our tailgate.
Don't even get me started about when they would try and drive their little toys through the lots. They have a tough time??? Getting paid overtime to walk around ?

One thing I would like to get a statistic about is how many police we hire on game day with 25k -40k fans compared to stadiums that have over 75k. My brother in law, the ex Chief would tell us how much he would get paid and fed to walk around on game day and it is a ridiculous amount.

If it’s exceeds the dimensions of the policy that’s been in place for years (which it did by 2 inches) then it’s not that absurd.
the policy has been in place and every ticket holder got a clear bag. I cant argue bag sizes or people bringing in food and complaining about getting caught...operations and high grass in yellow lot can be fixed..

Reactions: S_Janowski
This post is BS. Just a little background my tailgate consists of one retired local Chief of Police and two captains. So I am not anti-police. Over the last 5 or so years certain police at the games are pure a-holes with the new thought that they are macho ex seals with the tight cut haircuts and military garb. They hassle anyone they think are even close to being under age. They tried this last year with my tailgate of about 25 people. We typically have around 5-8 young 25-30 year old alums. They stood off in the distance and rushed in as soon as they had their first drink. The ex-chief basically told them to get the f out of our tailgate.
Don't even get me started about when they would try and drive their little toys through the lots. They have a tough time??? Getting paid overtime to walk around ?

One thing I would like to get a statistic about is how many police we hire on game day with 25k -40k fans compared to stadiums that have over 75k. My brother in law, the ex Chief would tell us how much he would get paid and fed to walk around on game day and it is a ridiculous amount.

I agree seems the police presence is a little too much when operations at the stadium is so poor. cant these police offices check bags too?

Not BS at all a I posted my experience.

That’s a very short list of other venues you are using to support your claim. I and others have provided a much longer list of venues less restrictive than HPS. Furthermore, having to remove the cap from your water bottle is LESS restrictive than not being allowed to bring in any water bottle at all. And while having to show you’re ticket stub to get to your seat might be an inconvenience, it’s not a restriction.
Didn’t realize I had to list every inconvenience I’ve ever encountered. Seems it’s always the same people complaining about the same crap. The rules are posted everywhere and the school sent season ticket holders a clear bag. Shouldn’t be that hard

Reactions: RUin2WIN
We didn't get hassled by the cops at the tailgate, made it into the stadium without being searched or much trouble, there was no line at the concessions when I got power aides in the 3rd Q, ... but I forgot the packages of bacon and sausage at home so our breakfast burritos had no meat.

Game day experience ruined.

The season tickets came with a clear rutgers bag. If you bring things into the stadium, put them in that bag. It’s really not that complicated.

If you’re complaining about not being able to bring in water bottles and food, welcome to the new policy for every sporting event in America.
I didn’t have a bag, clear or otherwise, nor was I trying to smuggle in food or water. I made the mistake of openly carrying sunscreen that was in an aluminum canister with me which I was forced to toss before entry. That was a first. The irony of it all is I was instructed by the young officer (presumably in training) to toss the offending sunscreen into a garbage can situated right next to him in the middle of the large crowd of people trying to enter with me at the north gate.

I don’t, but there was a thread last year and his picture was posted; and many posters had stories about the guy. Mid 40s, bald, with glasses.

And by the way, when he got the ticket last year, his cup was empty when the cop came over. The cop concluded that he was drinking because he smelled the cup and he said it smelled like beer.
If the cup was empty, how did the cop know if your son was previously holding an alcoholic beverage. Maybe you were drinking the beer and gave the empty cup to your son to throw in the garbage.

Reactions: RUTrack94
If the cup was empty, how did the cop know if your son was previously holding an alcoholic beverage. Maybe you were drinking the beer and gave the empty cup to your son to throw in the garbage.
"Save it for the Judge"

Didn’t realize I had to list every inconvenience I’ve ever encountered. Seems it’s always the same people complaining about the same crap. The rules are posted everywhere and the school sent season ticket holders a clear bag. Shouldn’t be that hard

You were the one who claimed that the same policies are widespread and condescendingly remarked that anyone who doesn’t know it hasn’t been to many venues. Now that you can’t back it up you want to change the argument. That the policies and restrictions are posted aren’t the issues. The issues are the policies and restrictions themselves and the manner in which they are enforced.

Last edited:
Reactions: Local Shill
Somebody said it earlier in this thread as some of us have said for years...

It’s overkill on The Banks, plain and simple.

But as we have also said, maybe that’s just the way they want it.

Last edited:
Entering
I laughed at the hat search profusely. Like is that really where I'm going to keep my shank or mini James Bond gun. What is this prison rules? My pockets would do just fine since you don't frisk. Got my booty in through the gestapo. I feel like a criminal sneaking in water, but it's friggin water for pete's sake, no way should I be held hostage for one of the basic human needs.

Concessions
My experience was outstanding(food sucked).
For the 1st time ever I got a teen from Joe's Volleyball team who could do simple math in her head. Ordered 5 items, she looks says $23, I give her $30, right back at me with the $7 change. Transaction time 1 min., usual transaction time a staring contest for 10 mins. as the kid searches hopelessly for the answer till I give it to him. Little girl where ever you are, you're our only hope for the future.

Downside
Tried to get those new boneless chicken wing things. They didn't have any, when I asked the kid then why advertise them? dumfounded look. When I asked when they would have them maybe halftime? dumfounded look. Asked for manager, that guy was totally clueless.

Last edited:
Do you work for the Atletics dept?

No I just think it’s stupid to say you’re giving up your tickets and stopping your donations bc your wife wasn’t allowed to bring in a purse that was in violation of the policy that’s been in place for a few years now.

It’s your money and time though. You do you.

You were the one who claimed that the same policies are widespread and condescendingly remarked that anyone who doesn’t know it hasn’t been to many venues. Now that you can’t back it up you want to change the argument. That the policies and restrictions are posted aren’t the issues. The issues are the policies and restrictions themselves and the manner in which they are enforced.
Let’s start with you giving me one example of something that RU does that isn’t done by anyon else.

Girlfriend had to throw her clutch in a bush because they turned her away. She has brought it to the electric factory, Yankees stadium and Red Bull arena all this year not to mention years of Rutgers games.

Im a season ticket holder, will continue to go to games. But some people go to one game a year, and every little thing reflects on how they will perceive their visit.

If you’re complaining about not being able to bring in water bottles and food, welcome to the new policy for every sporting event in America.
False, not true at all. Met Life and Lincoln Financial are just two examples close to home. How did you conclude such drivel?

Reactions: Local Shill
We didn't get hassled by the cops at the tailgate, made it into the stadium without being searched or much trouble, there was no line at the concessions when I got power aides in the 3rd Q, ... but I forgot the packages of bacon and sausage at home so our breakfast burritos had no meat.

Game day experience ruined.
That's OK, my wife forgot the syrup and butter for pancakes. Had to run over to Henry's diner. Told them I 'll have a plate of pancakes to go but hold the pancakes I just want the butter and syrup. Waitress said what? hold on. Manager came out with the goods and said just give me $1.
Thanks Henry's Diner you saved the tailgate.

That's OK, my wife forgot the syrup and butter for pancakes. Had to run over to Henry's diner. Told them I 'll have a plate of pancakes to go but hold the pancakes I just want the butter and syrup. Waitress said what? hold on. Manager came out with the goods and said just give me $1.
Oh, man, that's seriously cool on their part.

Honestly, I don’t understand why you people keep coming since you’re so miserable at games. I wont eat at restaurants or shop at stores for lesser grievances than these.

Is there someone with a gun to your head every year saying “your credit card info or your brains are going on this renewal application”?

Tons of other stadiums have the same bag policy. All NFL stadiums have had the policy for 5 years now: http://www.nfl.com/qs/allclear/index.jsp. Same thing with the hat check, I've had to remove my hat at every sporting event I've been to over at least the last 2 years. Maybe it sounds stupid that we have to do it, but the reason they check is because people hide crap there.

RU can look stupid enough at times, no sense arguing over legitimate things that most other venues do simply because some people think its stupid.

Reactions: Leonard23
Tons of other stadiums have the same bag policy. All NFL stadiums have had the policy for 5 years now: http://www.nfl.com/qs/allclear/index.jsp. Same thing with the hat check, I've had to remove my hat at every sporting event I've been to over at least the last 2 years. Maybe it sounds stupid that we have to do it, but the reason they check is because people hide crap there.

RU can look stupid enough at times, no sense arguing over legitimate things that most other venues do simply because some people think its stupid.

MetLife most definitely does not have the same bag policy. I posted the link a few posts above.

Look, some of the policies are a little restrictive, especially about water, but it's also the overzealous applications of the policies, actually taking out a measuring tape and measuring purses while holding up a line of people trying to get into the game is massive overkill. A bag 1 inch longer than the prescribed policy holding a wallet and tampons is not a threat to anyone, when any contraband that could be carried in that bag could be smuggled in other ways as testified to by people on this thread. The small bag policy does not make anybody safer.

As for banning food and water, again a ridiculous over reaction especially when there have always been issues with lines and the workers at the concessions stands.

MetLife most definitely does not have the same bag policy. I posted the link a few posts above.

They absolutely do have the same bag policy. The clear bag policy went into effect at all NFL games in 2013. In December, 2013, MetLife Stadium said the clear bag policy would be in effect for all "Major Sporting Events."

The stadium updated the policy this summer saying for any event at the stadium. Go back to your link and you'll see the bright yellow bar at the top of the screen highlighting the bag policy was expanded.

The bag is not (nor should it be) the issue here.

I have no sympathy for those that don’t get that part by now.

But some of the other things mentioned in this thread and the similar one on the The Round Table...RU still not getting it.

ADVERTISEMENT