ADVERTISEMENT

Game Day Observations-Non Game Related-How Was Tailgating?

Knight Shift

Legend
May 19, 2011
Jersey Shore
We arrived late to the Yellow Lot and got the last row, which made for an easy exit. What was with alll of the idiots stopping on Campus Drive on the way in to drop off passengers?

Hit one tailgate on the way in. Did not see police on 4 wheelers. Any problems there?

For the last freaking time: NEVER, NEVER play "In the Air Tonight" by Phil Collins before or during a Rutgers Knight game. That song has been and remains a freaking curse. Forget the last time that little ditty doomed us, but 1) The song sucks for a football game; 2) The song just sucks ; 3) It is bad luck.

Which tailgate are you asking about, wrestling or football, lol.

Early morning tailgating was awesome with great weather through the afternoon.

Our football tailgate started at 3. Yellow lot got crowded semi early. Great weather at first but then it got windy and you could feel the cold front coming on. Luckily the rain waited till tailgating was over.

The police were riding around on their ATV's but only up down the gravel path. One stopped at our tailgate for awhile to chat and have some water. If posters remember my post from last week and the video encounter that went around, my friends wanted him to do a fake arrest and put me in his ATV.

Overall it was a great season for tailgating, too bad not for the actual reason we are there, the game. Great weather other then the UM game which wasn't that bad in the big picture.

Reactions: Jersey Boys

Our football tailgate started at 3. Yellow lot got crowded semi early. Great weather at first but then it got windy and you could feel the cold front coming on. Luckily the rain waited till tailgating was over.

The police were riding around on their ATV's but only up down the gravel path. One stopped at our tailgate for awhile to chat and have some water. If posters remember my post from last week and the video encounter that went around, my friends wanted him to do a fake arrest and put me in his ATV.

Overall it was a great season for tailgating, too bad not for the actual reason we are there, the game. Great weather other then the UM game which wasn't that bad in the big picture.

That's good to hear.

We arrived late to the Yellow Lot and got the last row, which made for an easy exit. What was with alll of the idiots stopping on Campus Drive on the way in to drop off passengers?

Hit one tailgate on the way in. Did not see police on 4 wheelers. Any problems there?

For the last freaking time: NEVER, NEVER play "In the Air Tonight" by Phil Collins before or during a Rutgers Knight game. That song has been and remains a freaking curse. Forget the last time that little ditty doomed us, but 1) The song sucks for a football game; 2) The song just sucks ; 3) It is bad luck.

My son and I were talking about this at the game Saturday night. The one BIG time it doomed us was at the Louisville game for the outright AAC Championship the year before we left for the B1G iirc. We were winning after the 3rd and they played this song between Quarters. Sucked the life out of the stadium and we ended up losing.

Arrived at 11AM with buddies on board here for Wrestling. Weather was absolutely prefect. Unfortunate and a tad surprising the tailgate leaders (one of who was there last time for PSU FridayKnight-1st B1G hometailgater ever) didn't arrive until 2ish so personally, not having eaten all day was feeling a little weak (I might have diabetes and am definitely fighting a stomach bug/digeston). Still, it was great just to be sitting around-my buddies were raving about the weather.

The yellow lot seemed to fill slower than expected though a handful of parties both Rutgers and Penn State-showed up 1st thing.

Weather was delightful untll about 3PM. Then it got increasingly colder. While I had to take thermals off pre Wrestling had to put them back on. Also it seems we tailgate in the exact eastern corner of yellow so we lost sun first. I lost my coat for a bit so I was cold and never really recovered fully. I would say the temp dropped 15-20 degrees from noon to gametime-it at least felt that way!

The "big" scalper in the area came by and b*tched that this was his last time scalping at an RU gsame (until next year ;>).He b*tches every game. He only had 4 tickets and I saw only one other person seling 4. Think many got stuck trying to lowball and many Rutgers sellers would only sell for fa e and above. Demand seemed to increase from Friday night into Saturday and many were looking Saturday afternoon (not necessarily at the Stsadium).

Cold enough so no bees thankfully-an early lady bug freaked me out though.

Tailgate as good as always-R last two with meat/dinner being the best and pretty much perfect (and got some needed sugar from cookies from a 1st row tailgate who had half a table of professional looking cookies-almost Wonkanesque-lad out). Bummed I "missed" the London broil we had been clamoring about all year-don't know what happened there-maybe distracted by the incredible ribs!

Was happy when I man I recognized to be RUForester stopped by to say hello.in from Oregon. 1st home game in 45 years. Ran the National Parks? in Washington and Oregon for many years. Wow! Hopefully someday I an afford to travel and get a guided tour!

Was hoping for some 60's stories re Cook-especially after he told me he was high a chunk of the time! Had to have been a very interesting time to be in school.

Maybe just me but I think given the nice early day and what really was a bad forecast many people underdressed a bit and were cold after 4pm.

The real surprise was that and the end? of the 1st quarter the rain came down in a windy deluge. I didn't bring a poncho as many seemingly didn't-and I already had a stomach ailment and needed to use the bathroom so a chunk of the stadium including upper levels went under cover. Watched end of 1st half standing on top of the 1st level.

Don't remember it raining until the end of the 3rd quarter when It deluged windy rain-and now sleet. We had been at the stadium for 12 hours, were down 26?-0 with no movement on offense (and an increasingly tired defense) so my boys=ride-decided to leave.

Day was as expected. Great early day and tailgate. Great wrestling match. Tougher weather as day progressed. Game results as expected.

Thanks to Scott and Matt who spent much time all year cooking and our crew and guests who made or bought extra dishes. Made things easier on everyone and everyone chip in. Aslo a shoutout to Piscataway Mike and brother who enabled me to tailgate by getting me to the tailgates!

Would love to see R crew do this for a day or two at SpRUce RUn. If I'm working by the the camping spot is on me!

At least for the tailgates (and sans a few quarters for Michigan and Penn State) we were BLESSED with great weather this year.

Hope all the football supporters come out for some hoops games. 4-0 for the 1st time in 16 years. Team is clearly better, has charisma and by reports is fun to watch. Shades of Wenzel's first year in 1989-90.

Last edited:
My son and I were talking about this at the game Saturday night. The one BIG time it doomed us was at the Louisville game for the outright AAC Championship the year before we left for the B1G iirc. We were winning after the 3rd and they played this song between Quarters. Sucked the life out of the stadium and we ended up losing.
Not sure if that was the game.
The year we lost to Louisville at home was 2012, when Teddy B. was gimpy and we got that phantom ineligible receiver downfield call. We were still in the Big East. But we were up 14-3 at the half and lost 20-17, so that could be one of the "In the Air Tonight" sucking the air out of a win games.
http://www.espn.com/ncf/game?gameId=323340164

The other one I remember, but not 100% sure is Rutgers v. Cincinnati on October 6, 2007. Ben Mauk was in his 13th year of eligibility. We led 17-7 at the half, and lost 28-23. Teel threw 3 INTs.
http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/boxscore?id=10925

Sounds like we went 7-0 in the tailgate, a fantastic season there!

We arrived in the Blue Lot at 8am. Gorgeous morning to set up. The second & third row were filled by 10am. At 11am I went in for the Wrestling match. Post wrestling tailgating went great. The Blue Lot was more packed than I saw it all year long.

however, at 1pm, after wrestling was over, a bunch of people in the front row had to move their tents and fold up their tables, because, despite all of the information that RU put out about where to park for wrestling if you were leaving, the parking people let them park in the Blue Lot. Mixed in with the rest of us who were staying. Seriously. Instead of just putting them all off to the side somewhere they let them park amongst the rest of us who were staying all day. You just can't make this stuff up.

cars_zpsijlojpox.jpg

cars%202_zpsd3ujto2o.jpg

We had maybe one of the greatest tailgates that I have ever been involved in. We pulled into the Blue lot around 12:30 and found ourselves in the third row. Usually we're early enough to make the front row but it was ok, we seemed to have more room anyway.

I posted in the menu thread what we were bringing, over 700 clams, mussels and oysters and a 80lb pig. Well, there was nothing left. The pig looked like an empty carcass that vultures picked over and we completely finished all of the seafood. We easily had over 100 people show up.

There were a few Penn Staters among us who hosted some of our crew last year and the we're schocked how great our tailgate scene was. They had no idea what to expect and we're looking forward to coming back in 2 years.

All in all it was a great tailgate year in the front of the Blue lot. Nice chatting with @MrsScrew and everyone else we've met and hung out with the past few years. Can't wait for next year!

Reactions: newell138
My tailgate neighbors in the Green Lot, "The Pickled Knights", won the annual tailgate award. These guys set new standards for RU tailgating..

On a negative note, no parking assistance and control going into Green and Green Reserved.

We arrived in the Blue Lot at 8am. Gorgeous morning to set up. The second & third row were filled by 10am. At 11am I went in for the Wrestling match. Post wrestling tailgating went great. The Blue Lot was more packed than I saw it all year long.

however, at 1pm, after wrestling was over, a bunch of people in the front row had to move their tents and fold up their tables, because, despite all of the information that RU put out about where to park for wrestling if you were leaving, the parking people let them park in the Blue Lot. Mixed in with the rest of us who were staying. Seriously. Instead of just putting them all off to the side somewhere they let them park amongst the rest of us who were staying all day. You just can't make this stuff up.

cars_zpsijlojpox.jpg

cars%202_zpsd3ujto2o.jpg

Ah so this is the "situation" that the parking people mentioned when we pulled in at 1. They were making everyone park on the sides of the rows and leaving a huge gap in the middle. Told us some story about someone locking their keys in their car for the wrestling match as to why they needed to leave the middle open.

Since when is it acceptable to load empty beer cans into the portapotties?
Since when is it acceptable to throw piles of garbage around the lots without bagging same? Yellow lot was disgusting.

Since when is it acceptable to throw piles of garbage around the lots without bagging same? Yellow lot was disgusting.
Thank you for posting this !!!!!!!!

What the hell is wrong with some people. Pulling out of yellow the lot was a mess and my wife and I were disgusted. It is not like they don't give you huge garbage bags and as many as you want. Why do people think it is ok to just throw their garbage on the ground?

I have no proof of the following statement but...... the lot has not been this bad all year. There were a lot of PEnn St fans having tailgates so maybe.....

I agree. No excuses, but it was always better when they handed out garbage bags and there were plenty of plastic cans throughout the Yellow lot. On Saturday, there were no bags and we had to hike a mile to find a trash can.

What the hell is wrong with some people. Pulling out of yellow the lot was a mess and my wife and I were disgusted. It is not like they don't give you huge garbage bags and as many as you want. Why do people think it is ok to just throw their garbage on the ground?

I have no proof of the following statement but...... the lot has not been this bad all year. There were a lot of PEnn St fans having tailgates so maybe.....
----
The green lot is mostly older tailgaters and the lot was always left clean.... till the PU game

It had to be the PU fans

I got to the Johnson Park lot around 10:30, which is when we got there for the Michigan game, but this time the lot didn't open until 2pm for some reason, which is really annoying. We hung out at one of the other lots in Johnson Park for a while and then headed over at 2.

----
The green lot is mostly older tailgaters and the lot was always left clean.... till the PU game

It had to be the PU fans
A Penn State fan literally threw garbage at our tailgate. We were playing beer pong and were in the middle of a game and he walks up to us and goes, "Bro let me play!" So we politely said, "We're in the middle of a game." A normal human would ask to play the winner, but he insisted that we stop the game we were in so that he could play. After repeatedly explaining to this typical Penn State obnoxious, self-important douchebag that we aren't stopping our friendly game so that one of us could step aside to let him play instead, he finally walked away. A couple minutes later he walked past us again and threw some kind of garbage at us. I don't even know what it was, but fortunately he managed to miss me, my buddy, and both of our girlfriends from about ten feet away. F*ck Penn State.

I got to the Johnson Park lot around 10:30, which is when we got there for the Michigan game, but this time the lot didn't open until 2pm for some reason, which is really annoying. We hung out at one of the other lots in Johnson Park for a while and then headed over at 2.

A Penn State fan literally threw garbage at our tailgate. We were playing beer pong and were in the middle of a game and he walks up to us and goes, "Bro let me play!" So we politely said, "We're in the middle of a game." A normal human would ask to play the winner, but he insisted that we stop the game we were in so that he could play. After repeatedly explaining to this typical Penn State obnoxious, self-important douchebag that we aren't stopping our friendly game so that one of us could step aside to let him play instead, he finally walked away. A couple minutes later he walked past us again and threw some kind of garbage at us. I don't even know what it was, but fortunately he managed to miss me, my buddy, and both of our girlfriends from about ten feet away. F*ck Penn State.

Sounds like a Penn State fan was throwing himself at you. . . . . . .

Reactions: robcac26
Finally got up to my cousin's tailgate. They do a great job and the food was outstanding. Smoked ribs, chili, wings, all delicious. Like when I tailgate at home they start by 8 am. Unfortunately I didn't get in until about 3 and by the time we walked from the lot where we parked to their spot it was about 3:30. It was definitely nice to not be in charge and just eat/drink all afternoon.

It did get cold fast once the sun went down. But I was fine until the sleet came. Since I was driving back to Philly decided to be smart and get on the road. Hate leaving games early but it was in hand at that point.

Overall you guys have one of the better away tailgating scenes that I've be to. Sometimes it's had to compare since when you travel you only see the small portion that you experience. But the walk over from where we parked I did get to see some of the surrounding areas.

Reactions: Proud NJ Sports Fan
Finally got up to my cousin's tailgate. They do a great job and the food was outstanding. Smoked ribs, chili, wings, all delicious. Like when I tailgate at home they start by 8 am. Unfortunately I didn't get in until about 3 and by the time we walked from the lot where we parked to their spot it was about 3:30. It was definitely nice to not be in charge and just eat/drink all afternoon.

It did get cold fast once the sun went down. But I was fine until the sleet came. Since I was driving back to Philly decided to be smart and get on the road. Hate leaving games early but it was in hand at that point.

Overall you guys have one of the better away tailgating scenes that I've be to. Sometimes it's had to compare since when you travel you only see the small portion that you experience. But the walk over from where we parked I did get to see some of the surrounding areas.
---
Very nice...... next time you guys visit, leave your area clean.... bag the garbage....

If you yourself did so, mention to other PU tailgaters to do so.

How were the port-a-potties ? I mean on the disgust meter 1 to 10. Imagine cleaning those things after a big even. I'd have to put on one of those '60s era space suits to even consider it.

How were the port-a-potties ? I mean on the disgust meter 1 to 10. Imagine cleaning those things after a big even. I'd have to put on one of those '60s era space suits to even consider it.
Isn't that what Al Golden is doing nowadays? [roll]
Just having a little morning fun with ya!

Reactions: mildone
Tailgating was fine in Yellow. Thank God it wasn't Sunday. Weather forecasters let us down a bit as wind quickly picked up at 3:00 and termperature quickly dropped. Much colder earlier then predicted but still for late November really nice. Except for the ridiculous and dangerous (Hear that B1G}?heat at the first game, a great year for tailgating.

No ATVs patroling through tailgates making a mess and mockery. So kudos to RU for listening to us. Parking Lot attendents after initially allowing us no room for tailgating used common sense and gave us a little bit more room! Thanks!

Now the bad: Fans dumping bottles and cans in porta potties? What are you thinking? Not Good!

Now RU administration you are not off the hook, if you are going to make us engage in bidding wars for parking, you have to provide a service too. You knew it was PSU and the wrestling match, so rent some more porta potties. Lines and condition were RidicUlous!

Finally, usually I am amazed how clean the yellow lot is after a game. Why of all games did they not hand out garbage/recycyling bags at the game? First time in years. Somebody dropped the ball big time and maybe the reason for the post game mess in addition to the PSU fans and the weather.

Arrived at 7:00 am as planned and took our usual spot front row Blue lot. All in all a good day except one of our generators decided not to work, thus we had to unplug the TV and lights at about 5 pm when we kept blowing the circuit since I needed the deep fryer and speakers to work. I ended up feeding about 80 people with 28 pizzas made fresh in the lot and then making fat sandwiches from scratch. I just need to remember the pizzas take a little longer to make than I usually account for, which screwed up my schedule for making the fat sandwiches (left no time for me to relax). The sight of all the flags in the Blue Lot waving early in the afternoon was absolutely beautiful. But I realized how much the weather changed at 7:30 as we were going in all the flags were blowing 180 degrees from earlier in the day!

Arrived at 7:00 am as planned and took our usual spot front row Blue lot. All in all a good day except one of our generators decided not to work, thus we had to unplug the TV and lights at about 5 pm when we kept blowing the circuit since I needed the deep fryer and speakers to work. I ended up feeding about 80 people with 28 pizzas made fresh in the lot and then making fat sandwiches from scratch. I just need to remember the pizzas take a little longer to make than I usually account for, which screwed up my schedule for making the fat sandwiches (left no time for me to relax). The sight of all the flags in the Blue Lot waving early in the afternoon was absolutely beautiful. But I realized how much the weather changed at 7:30 as we were going in all the flags were blowing 180 degrees from earlier in the day!
Did the pizzas take longer because of the weather? What's the setup? You bring dough that's proofed and roll it out in Blue?

I was thinking the same thing. It's never like that in the Yellow Lot, but the night game with the extended tailgate probably contributed. Didn't see that with Michigan in town, so I'll say to our guests from PSU, bag up your crap before you go into the stadium!

We had a great time, as usual, the yellow lot. We got there a bit late (4pm), by which time the lot was surprisingly already about 1/3 full.

I got to watch and drool while my fellow tailgaters ate a variety of amazingly tasty looking, carb-laden Italian foods. But we also grilled up some very nice, thick, sirloin steaks of which I ate plenty. I had a few too many Mai-tais followed by a bit too much single-malt scotch that a fellow tailgate crew-member supplied.

There were a lot of Penn State fans in the yellow lot. I wandered up through the rows when I got there and I'd estimate it was at least half full of PSU folks. Our tailgate was mostly surrounded by Penn State fans that appeared to be mostly college age or a little older. They were having a lot of fun, were very polite, outgoing and friendly. It was a lot fun chatting with them.

It was a week for meeting folks from the forum. Earlier in the week, I had the pleasure of meeting @rondi and her husband at a bar where I was looking for a potential future ex-Mrs. Mildone.

Then at the start of the tailgate, I got to finally, briefly, meet that prick, @RU4Real, who was cooking up a storm for their tailgate. He is a gentleman and a scholar and wields a mean cast-iron pan; I don't care what @ruhudsonfan says about him. Incidentally, 4real, what was that device you were cooking on? Looks like something I might want to add to our tailgate equipment.

All in all, a very good day despite the game not going the way I'd like it to have gone.

Reactions: rondi
Did the pizzas take longer because of the weather? What's the setup? You bring dough that's proofed and roll it out in Blue?

Nah. Just longer because it advertises 5 minutes when it really takes like 8-9 minutes for it to crisp up just right.

I buy the dough from Wegman's and the dough ball is usually good for two pizzas. Roll it in cornmeal and I've usually got the next pizza ready to go in the oven the moment the previous one comes out.

Reactions: ATIOH
Next year we should have a low carb tailgate party and exchange bad jokes and observations.
I'm in. You have an open invite to our tailgate in yellow in which I always have some low-carb options, or if you prefer, I can come visit yours.

We had a great time, as usual, the yellow lot. We got there a bit late (4pm), by which time the lot was surprisingly already about 1/3 full.

I got to watch and drool while my fellow tailgaters ate a variety of amazingly tasty looking, carb-laden Italian foods. But we also grilled up some very nice, thick, sirloin steaks of which I ate plenty. I had a few too many Mai-tais followed by a bit too much single-malt scotch that a fellow tailgate crew-member supplied.

There were a lot of Penn State fans in the yellow lot. I wandered up through the rows when I got there and I'd estimate it was at least half full of PSU folks. Our tailgate was mostly surrounded by Penn State fans that appeared to be mostly college age or a little older. They were having a lot of fun, were very polite, outgoing and friendly. It was a lot fun chatting with them.

It was a week for meeting folks from the forum. Earlier in the week, I had the pleasure of meeting @rondi and her husband at a bar where I was looking for a potential future ex-Mrs. Mildone.

Then at the start of the tailgate, I got to finally, briefly, meet that prick, @RU4Real, who was cooking up a storm for their tailgate. He is a gentleman and a scholar and wields a mean cast-iron pan; I don't care what @ruhudsonfan says about him. Incidentally, 4real, what was that device you were cooking on? Looks like something I might want to add to our tailgate equipment.

All in all, a very good day despite the game not going the way I'd like it to have gone.

if you were at 4Real's tailgate you may have seen/met @RUScrew85 because he was over there visiting.

if you were at 4Real's tailgate you may have seen/met @RUScrew85 because he was over there visiting.
I was only there for maybe 10 minutes or so and only met one other gentleman and his wife. I'm bummed because I would really like to meet @RUScrew85 now that he seems slightly less likely to want to kill me the moment he meets me. :)

Gotta meet up next season for sure.

I was only there for maybe 10 minutes or so and only met one other gentleman and his wife. I'm bummed because I would really like to meet @RUScrew85 now that he seems slightly less likely to want to kill me the moment he meets me. :)

Gotta meet up next season for sure.

The funny thing is... you only missed him by about 10 minutes. He was spending a fair amount of time with us this past week because... well, because we're cool.

Thanks for the sirloin - it was a shame you couldn't stay to sample the results, but the quality of the meat was excellent and it cooked up with some peppers and mushrooms in amazingly delectable fashion.

The device, by the way, is a Camp Chef 2 burner. Amazingly flexible device - very high BTU burners that will fire the cast iron appropriately, plus you can get add-ons such as the pizza oven we used earlier and a grill attachment that makes short work of large quantities of beef and pork.

Great meeting you. Next year we'll have to plan some more thorough get togethers.

Had a great experience. We were literally the last car in the Church parking lot. Didn't know they took reservations. So many PS fans there. Was put in the very back corner and I will request this spot every time. Great place with extra room. Brought out the Coleman grill and it worked great. Christened with hamburgers and hot dogs. Tailgated next to parents of an intern for the new SnapChat function Rutgers Athletics started. Our photos made the Jumbo Screen. Our boys were the ones holding the red and white football. Unfortunately they spelled "their" instead "they're" over of the photo. "Their ready to play some football", but other than that it was great to see what Taylor (intern) was doing with Rutgers Athletics. Next year's tailgates will get a little fancier since I have the grill. Weather was great. Got there at 3pm in a t-shirt and shorts and went into the game around 7:15 in a ton of layers. Unfortunately left at the beginning of the 4th quarter soaked to the bone. My nine year old wanted to stay and was upset until he got in the car. He actually said to me that we shouldn't quit on the team. Wow from the mouth of babes.

Tailgating was fine in Yellow. Thank God it wasn't Sunday. Weather forecasters let us down a bit as wind quickly picked up at 3:00 and termperature quickly dropped. Much colder earlier then predicted but still for late November really nice. Except for the ridiculous and dangerous (Hear that B1G}?heat at the first game, a great year for tailgating.

No ATVs patroling through tailgates making a mess and mockery. So kudos to RU for listening to us. Parking Lot attendents after initially allowing us no room for tailgating used common sense and gave us a little bit more room! Thanks!

Now the bad: Fans dumping bottles and cans in porta potties? What are you thinking? Not Good!

Now RU administration you are not off the hook, if you are going to make us engage in bidding wars for parking, you have to provide a service too. You knew it was PSU and the wrestling match, so rent some more porta potties. Lines and condition were RidicUlous!

Finally, usually I am amazed how clean the yellow lot is after a game. Why of all games did they not hand out garbage/recycyling bags at the game? First time in years. Somebody dropped the ball big time and maybe the reason for the post game mess in addition to the PSU fans and the weather.
Not saying you missed it but not only did they hand us bags pulling in about an hour later they were walking through the lots handing garbage bags to anyone that needed them. We fill about 5 of them. Maybe for some time they ran out and had to get more.

The funny thing is... you only missed him by about 10 minutes. He was spending a fair amount of time with us this past week because... well, because we're cool.

Thanks for the sirloin - it was a shame you couldn't stay to sample the results, but the quality of the meat was excellent and it cooked up with some peppers and mushrooms in amazingly delectable fashion.

The device, by the way, is a Camp Chef 2 burner. Amazingly flexible device - very high BTU burners that will fire the cast iron appropriately, plus you can get add-ons such as the pizza oven we used earlier and a grill attachment that makes short work of large quantities of beef and pork.

Great meeting you. Next year we'll have to plan some more thorough get togethers.
Sorry I missed him and didn't get to hang for awhile. But yeah, next season I will figure out how to make that work. I've been trying to get our crew to start earlier anyway, a side-effect of which would be that we could spend time visiting other tailgates without feeling like we're abandoning our own tailgate.

Is this the Camp Chef thing: (link to Amazon)? It does look pretty flexible and useful. And it looks very inexpensive.

Sorry I missed him and didn't get to hang for awhile. But yeah, next season I will figure out how to make that work. I've been trying to get our crew to start earlier anyway, a side-effect of which would be that we could spend time visiting other tailgates without feeling like we're abandoning our own tailgate.

Is this the Camp Chef thing: (link to Amazon)? It does look pretty flexible and useful. And it looks very inexpensive.

Yep - that's the thing. Great tool.

The 2 tailgates were timed perfectly. Excellent group in the morning.
Also loved the Trump/Pence flag behind us. It's in every picture we took.

ADVERTISEMENT