ADVERTISEMENT

Game Production/Music/Concessions- Nebraska Game

Knight Shift

Legend
May 19, 2011
Jersey Shore
Have no comment on concessions, as we don't use them. Any other comments?

Game production overall seemed better. Could actually hear the marching band at half time. But could not hear them during the game.

Train horn minimized.

Music playing minimized. HOWEVER:

1. WTF with them playing the 'Ye song with the girls singing "Uh Huhh, Heeyyyyyyy, Uhh, huh" right after Rutgers throws an interception?

2. WTF #2. Why play "Click, Click Boom" right after Nebraska scores a touchdown after said interception. Is this the epitome of tone deafness, or mockery?

3. For the last freaking time. Playing "In the Air Tonight" in the 3rd or 4th Quarter of a night game is the kiss of death. Thanks for reviving the tradition.

Lines for bathrooms and concessions were much shorter/faster this week for whatever reason. Same amount of people in the stadium.

Reactions: Jimpeg
1) I'm half deaf in my right ear from all the extraneous train horn in the 4th quarter.

2) EV-RY-BO-DY-CLAP-YO-HANDS! while we're on offense and about to break the huddle? Come on, guys. Our fanbase struggles with when to be loud vs when to be quiet, they don't need your help in making the wrong decision.

Same comments as the Iowa game. They play the hype up songs when we’re about to go on offense and need to be quiet, and then play the boring songs/do commercial promos/etc when we’re about to go on defense.

the absolute worst sequence I’ve ever seen was last night, when Nebraska was about to go on a critical drive, and they did the Wonderwall/Tremor remix with the light show (perfect) to get everyone hyped up and then immediately after played the “in the air tonight” most depressing song ever right up until the Nebraska snap. That alone should get everyone in charge of gameday production fired

Didn’t make the iowa game and people were raving about the lights . Light show was cool but still seems dark as hell in stadium .
Blue lot - didn’t see too many sherriffs . The traffic ridiculous to get out. Not parking there again for a night game until this gets rectified. Day game don’t mind doing postgame tailgate
Medical tent on sideline - sat near it . Players and coaches go here during media timeouts (presumably to take a leak).
auntie Anne pretzels - the best concessions choice in my book .
Boardwalk - figured it would have more rides . Ferris wheel is cool . Would like to see a roller coaster or water slide too

Again disappointed that in a close game down the stretch our fans only seem to try to generate noise on 3rd and 4th downs when we are on Defense. Home crowd disruption of the visiting teams offense is allowed to happen on first and second down as well !!! Its amazing that in a close game where we are trying to stop the other team and get the ball back, our group is the only group trying to make noise in those situations. We are really weak in that area. So jealous when I watch SEC games when home team crowds dont sit down and make noise throughout the whole time the opposition has the ball.... not just 3rd or 4th down. The other team gets a first down, and our crowd sits on their hands..

much better than IOWA. agree concession lines shorter maybe because all were open? no complaints on music, would like a little more band during the game.. need to figure out exiting blue/yellow...black/purple...

Again disappointed that in a close game down the stretch our fans only seem to try to generate noise on 3rd and 4th downs when we are on Defense. Home crowd disruption of the visiting teams offense is allowed to happen on first and second down as well !!! Its amazing that in a close game where we are trying to stop the other team and get the ball back, our group is the only group trying to make noise in those situations. We are really weak in that area. So jealous when I watch SEC games when home team crowds dont sit down and make noise throughout the whole time the opposition has the ball.... not just 3rd or 4th down. The other team gets a first down, and our crowd sits on their hands..

the insistence on using piped in music the entire game has ruined atmosphere...no more organic chants...RU chant has now become a joke and an after thought

I thought the fan noise level was poor last night in the late stages of the game given the importance of stopping Nebby.

There were fans in my section telling others to sit down...most likely fans who were given tickets

Timmy Trumpet 8x is a joke

its a like a minor league, maybe its like that everywhere now but I do not like it

horse doesnt come out for fgs..what the f

horse video ruined forever by chopping it down in half, whats the point

mismash of kitchen sink for entrence, just bring them out with one song and stop with the buildup that goes way too long

peeps were drinking heavily last night, rutgers must clean up on beer sales at whatever ridiculous price they charge

pretty obvious Rutgers wants to build a fanbase by selling everything but the product on the field hence the giveaways...boardwalk, tailgating and beer garden experience is top notch, its an event, unfortunately the game product with the continued lack of trying to play offense is an issue

more students than for Iowa but they were less engaged and 4k left at halftime likely because they were cold

RAC students > SHI students

i was wrong on attendance thinking 35K tops although I didnt catch on to what they are doing with giveaways...still it wasnt a real sell out and people were really late getting in..which isnt RUs fault. Still those who insisted that it was a sellout were wrong too..see Areyounuts as it was probably more in the 45-46K range

Contrary to popular belief, people actually work during the day so its not that easy to get to a game, not everyone can rearrange their lives to be able to get to a game and that explains the late arrivals and traffic nightmares on 18 and elsewhere, thats why Friday night games suck in general, football is meant to be played on Saturdays

l like day games better than night games

Homecoming at noon, students still with no place to tailgate so I dont expect huge numbers, expect alot of silver in the stands earlier and then it will fill up a bit but dont see it over 40K though they could claim the third biggest crowd in history

Last edited:
I'll add that the Men's bathroom near the 120's was literally as slippery as an ice rink. Surprised no-one got hurt, at least that I know of.

Reactions: RU22
more students than for Iowa but they were less engaged and 4k left at halftime likely because they were cold

RAC students > SHI students
2 hrs. vs 4 hrs. ADD is real with the younger generation.

ADVERTISEMENT