ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread: RU vs Mich. St, 2pm, RAC, BTN+, FloHoops, story, info:

Abro1975

Hall of Famer
Nov 21, 2009
Conference leading Rutgers hosts the Michigan St Spartans at the RAC at 2pm.

The game can be seen on Flo Hoops or BTN plus.
RU is currently #16 in RPI , MSU #26, all MSU losses have been on the road. RU undefeated at home.

RU has held every opponent this year under their scoring average. RU plays tight defense, leading to fouls. RU leads the Big 10 in scoring defense, and steals. Cryor, RU's star PG , needs to watch her fouls, as she plays very tight D, often going for steals, leading to fouls.

RU Defense vs MSU Offense will be interesting to watch, coaching schemes and substitutions will be key.

IMO, Cryor , Guirantes (RU leading scorer) and Stasha Carey underneath, are potential All Conference players. RU gets points from 11 players, this bench depth is a key to RU's success, even with a shortage at PG.

Full story with links to listen for free or follow live stats , here:

https://scarletknights.com/news/201...to-battle-17-22-michigan-state-on-sunday.aspx

Reactions: RUich and MADHAT1
With the students still not back from winter break, and some bad weather,, and possible icy roads later today, I'm not expecting a big crowd.

Last edited:
End of 1, RU leads 21-14, good end of qtr after a slow start. Unfortunatly Cryor picked up 2 fouls in the first 5 minutes of the game.Then was replaced.

Giurantes and Carey w 7 pts each.

Does anyone at the game know the officiating crew? I know Napier's not there because she is officiating the PSU/Maryland game.

RU shooting 50% to their 27%. We are playing good D and have to keep it up to win this game. They will get hot in the second half and those shots start falling.

Unfortunately I'm still waiting for the 4th quarter shooting drought. Hopefully 18 pts will be enough

5-0 run by MSU but don’t worry too much of a lead!!! 57-44.

Good TO by Stringer. Come on ladies. Don't go into your 4th quarter funk. Keep the pressure on the Spartans and bring this win home.

Reactions: KevH
8-0 run by the Spartans. Come on ladies! Stop the bleeding and keep the pedal to the metal.

Way to go Stasha. Old fashioned 3 points play. She has 24 points. Awesome.

Its almost like this team expects to give up 4th qtr leads and just waits for it to happen

ADVERTISEMENT