ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread: RU vs Stony Brook, 7pm, RAC, BTN+, story:

Security was ruthless and wanted to look inside my wallet clutch. First time they ever did that. I was wondering if a suicidal person threatened to shoot up the place, but they said they were looking for "pepper spray."

They didn't catch the snacks in my pocket that were smuggled past Sodexo, though.

Struggling to rebound against Stony Brook. Didn't think I'd see that tonight.

I like the downlow hook from freeman, saw it in the hall game when we went cold before we came back during the final stretch. Keeps him from dribbling too deep into two defenders and shooting a wild shot or turning it over.

Good looks

Reactions: BillyC80
Low scoring game, favors SB. Also, too many long rebounds on missed 3s for SB, leading to offensive rebounds.

Game has gotten sloppy. Another poor shooting performance. We should be up by 20.

Cold as ice from the outside so far. And not working to get it inside.

Corey was absolutely fouled on that last drive. Can't give up the frustration foul in response though. Officials letting a lot go tonight on both ends. Hope they keep it consistent.

Both schools inept on offense..rutgersnoy rebounding like we are used to seeing..the shooting is abysmal...reminder about our small margin of error

Worst half of basketball of the year. Lucky that Stony Brook is having a nightmare shooting game.

Embarrassing. ..Pik calld timeout and SB went on 7-0 run for the last 2:45...I do not ever critcize Pike but he really needs some adjustments to fix the stagnent offense..not playing with purpose

This game could go right to the end with either team winning

And as crappy as we've been playing, the fact that we let them go on a 7-0 run to end the half is disgusting. I hope Pike is yelling at the team to get their heads out of their a$$es.

This is why we cannot pencil any league wins in...they must play a full 40 minutes and have such a small margin for error due to being an incredibly bad shooting team. They need to put their head down and grind for those rebounds..I sense the effort is a bit lacking tonight

I'd like to see us press them to start the second half. Try to turn them over and convert some easier buckets, while hopefully waking up our guys.

Is it me or does Thiam seem to be turning his shoulder as he releases his shot?
That's the way he shoots and is why, even though he is taller than everyone defending him, he rarely gets an uncontested shot off. He not only brings it down to his left hip when he receives the ball, but he then twists when he releases it. When he is open he is a pure shooter, but tonight his shot isn't arcing as high as it normally does. That's typically a sign of tired legs, but we just had six days off and it's the first half. I think we'll be okay in the second half once Pike makes adjustments.

Reactions: Mr Magoo
Doucoure and Freeman are 5-5...rest of team 5-24..corey and baker are brutally bad

Sb is only shooting 28%..2-14 from 3..if they made a few more they would be blowing us away

ADVERTISEMENT