ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball GAME THREAD: Rutgers 🏀 vs. Nebby

While we dribble between both legs, around the back do absolutely ****ing nothing with no purpose. Nebby is attacking the basket

Welcome to 5 out kick you in your teeth basketball RU. How about you try less dribbling and more cutting and passing

Reactions: RW90 and SBP
I got a feeling the media reaction to this fiasco won't be favorable.Just imagine the pressure on the team when they play Minnesota on Saturday.Carr can score 30 points the way Rutgers is playing defense.

I just noticed that they are close to having us doubled up on rebounds as well.

When I said I thought we get in with an 0-3 finish.. that did not include losing to Nebraska by 30. We will almost certainly need a win to get in at this rate. The good news is that with two shots at it we should still have a 70-75% chance.

Bracketologists are back tracking.

Dumb post.

I thought we had nothing to worry about.

Everything was all good.

People who were worried were just being too much.

C'mon where's your typical bravado where you go around calling people out and mocking them.

Hahaha not so tough now.

When I said I thought we get in with an 0-3 finish.. that did not include losing to Nebraska by 30. We will almost certainly need a win to get in at this rate. The good news is that with two shots at it we should still have a 70-75% chance.
Agree- need to win one more after this debacle.

Reactions: fluoxetine
Can we start recruiting kids who are good at shooting the ball into the basket? I feel like that would help us a lot

Reactions: BossNJ and dconifer
What players measurably improved under Pike this year? Regressed? Most assuredly Pike has not improved as a coach. Team has tuned him out.
Realistically I’d say no one has clearly improved. It looked like Ron had through 7 games, but that got stretch appears to have been fools gold. Maybe JY, tho he remains inconsistent. Myles has perhaps fine-tuned his defense and cut down on the fouls, but beyond that, everyone is basically the same player they were last year, if not worse

This team is bipolar- when they are on, they are on. If they are off, well, then we have games like tonight.

Maybe this teams needs a good ass whooping to snap them out of this funk.
They've already had a bunch of ass whippings it doesnt help. These guys do not show up to play every game....that is the stars I am talking about people you expect to show up and they DONT

OMG just got done working wtf happened!?!?

Was on a zoom like 7:10 til now

Reactions: RUsojo
I can't remember a game where a opponent made more layups against Rutgers

Down 30. All we need is 10 3’s and a suffocating defense to tie. Let’s go baby😜

i am really scared about the NET. we saw what a Louisville loss to UNC by 40 did to their NET, now RU is losing by 30 to #138. We could be 50 tomorrow

You should cheer up (although I couldn't if I was in your shoes); NCAAT is definitely still within reach...

Not sure it matters. There is something wrong with this team, and we can never rely on them to bring their best consistently. It's damn near impossible to get excited about watching them play. Performances like tonight's are becoming the expectation.

ADVERTISEMENT