ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball GAME THREAD: Rutgers 🏀 vs. Nebby

I got a feeling the media reaction to this fiasco won't be favorable.Just imagine the pressure on the team when they play Minnesota on Saturday.Carr can score 30 points the way Rutgers is playing defense.

I could score 30 the way they’re playing defense!

Reactions: Knightmoves
Realistically I’d say no one has clearly improved. It looked like Ron had through 7 games, but that got stretch appears to have been fools gold. Maybe JY, tho he remains inconsistent. Myles has perhaps fine-tuned his defense and cut down on the fouls, but beyond that, everyone is basically the same player they were last year, if not worse

JY is clearly better. Myles better but you nailed it offense/defense. Paul better just have limitations where certain opponents he is a bad fit.

I got a feeling the media reaction to this fiasco won't be favorable.Just imagine the pressure on the team when they play Minnesota on Saturday.Carr can score 30 points the way Rutgers is playing defense.
He will

We lose and lose again to Minny and we are out of tourney....quite amazing

i am really scared about the NET. we saw what a Louisville loss to UNC by 40 did to their NET, now RU is losing by 30 to #138. We could be 50 tomorrow

Yes. Are they still capping MOV at 10? After that Michigan St game we dropped by like 20 spots in Kenpom / Torvik. This is obviously worse although it’s further into the season which helps a bit.

Not sure it matters. There is something wrong with this team, and we can never rely on them to bring their best consistently. It's damn near impossible to get excited about watching them play. Performances like tonight's are becoming the expectation.
Between the ears

I thought we had nothing to worry about.

Everything was all good.

People who were worried were just being too much.

C'mon where's your typical bravado where you go around calling people out and mocking them.

Hahaha not so tough now.
Nothing to do with being "tough" - was just a dumb post to say that Hoiberg, the guy coaching the 6-17 team, "coaches to win," while the guy coaching the 13-9 team, "coaches to be a nice guy."

Not sure it matters. There is something wrong with this team, and we can never rely on them to bring their best consistently. It's damn near impossible to get excited about watching them play. Performances like tonight's are becoming the expectation.

You'll feel differently that first day of NCAAT, anticipating a game against X State or Eastern Whatever. Hang in there...

You can see they did nothing they were doing in that Indiana game setting each other up for open shots like Nebraska did tonight . Indiana game 22 assists, Rutgers 5 assists to Nebraska 19 assists.

Reactions: RUsojo
Even if RU manages to break the 30 yr drought and limp into the tourney, does anyone think it will be anything more than a 1 and done? losing by 30 to the worst team in the BIG, with so much at stake is just pathetic

Nothing to do with being "tough" - was just a dumb post to say that Hoiberg, the guy coaching the 6-17 team, "coaches to win," while the guy coaching the 13-9 team, "coaches to be a nice guy."

Pike called the dogs off against Indiana. Pike regularly lets players off the hook for poor performance or being pouty.

Hoiberg is doing no such thing against us. Hoiberg is brutal. He doesn't call off the dogs. If players aren't working out, they can take a hike off his team. He did it last year, he did it to Teddy Allen this year.

Pike should not have turned down transfers that wanted to be here this year. Big mistake.

Reactions: IL Lusciato
I know it's garbage time, but they really send NOBODY to the basket on an offensive shot. It's like an offensive rebound happens by accident. I'm not saying they should be Rodman out there, but they'll never get 2nd chance points this way.

Reactions: CERU00
Alright let’s see Jaden Jones NET is already gonna get wrecked

Pike called the dogs off against Indiana. Pike regularly lets players off the hook for poor performance or being pouty.

Hoiberg is doing no such thing against us. Hoiberg is brutal. He doesn't call off the dogs. If players aren't working out, they can take a hike off his team. He did it last year, he did it to Teddy Allen this year.

And yet Nebraska sucks.

Harper strong to the hole. Now only down 28. We can do this.

Pike should not have turned down transfers that wanted to be here this year. Big mistake.
Agree with that. I’m looking forward to some turnover next season. Very hard team to like.

Your down 30 pts and your going to put in the garbage ass players that put you in this position sad

ADVERTISEMENT