ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball GAME THREAD: Rutgers 🏀 vs. Nebby

That was bad. It’s almost like the alternate ending to the Indiana game if we didn’t start hitting our shots.

Guys, look at the records. I am pissed too but Nebraska is not better than Rutgers.
We are NOT good. We rely on 3 pt shooting, we are a selfish team, and nobody cuts to the basket. 40 minutes 6 assists....40 minutes 2 big men have 5 shots between them. We do not distribute the ball well, we do not move w/o the ball. Bad shooting is more the norm than good shooting. We got back doored like 15 times .

We are NOT good. We rely on 3 pt shooting, we are a selfish team, and nobody cuts to the basket. 40 minutes 6 assists....40 minutes 2 big men have 5 shots between them. We do not distribute the ball well, we do not move w/o the ball. Bad shooting is more the norm than good shooting. We got back doored like 15 times .
I don’t think it’s fair to say we aren’t good. I think we are sometimes good and sometimes bad. So what we really are is inconsistently good.

Between the ears

Sometimes I think they've just been playing over their heads and we're just expecting too much of them, but I mainly I keep coming back to mental toughness. Idk. I'm dying to give these guys the benefit of the doubt (and have been for a couple months now), but the tendency to play like this just makes me expect more of the same going forward.

"We rely on 3 pt shooting" says the fan of the 13-10 team that is 31.4% from three for the year.

I commend you guys for watching the whole game putting yourself through that torture. I could not bear to watch what I felt would be a severe second half thrashing so I turned on The Batchelor, the Women Tell All to listen such trash for my penance.

Reactions: fluoxetine
I commend you guys for watching the whole game putting yourself through that torture. I could not bear to watch what I felt would be a severe second half thrashing so I turned on The Batchelor, the Women Tell All to listen such trash for my penance.
I did exactly the same. It was like sitting through a root canal. Bachelor was far more watchable.

I don’t think it’s fair to say we aren’t good. I think we are sometimes good and sometimes bad. So what we really are is inconsistently good.
You rely on your upperclassmen leadership. Our upper classmen are not showing. If you cant show up to ball out for 40 minutes with a tourney bid on the line maybe you really dont want to get there. There is ZERO reason. We should be outhustled by a team whose season has been over for 2 months. That is just unacceptable on so many different levels

I dont even know what you are trying to say

What I am trying to say is that "we rely on three point shooting" is an absurd thing to say about a team with a winning record and bad three point shooting.

Before, I was trying to say that "we don't deserve to go to the tournament because we have so many bad losses" is an absurd thing to say about a team with a total of 2 non Q1 losses.

Basically, what I am trying to say is that everything you say is the opposite of reality.

Just saw the end of this . Rutgers 1010 sure as heck has some connection to Mathis. Can't do anything wrong.

Reactions: RUChoppin
What I am trying to say is that "we rely on three point shooting" is an absurd thing to say about a team with a winning record and bad three point shooting.

Before, I was trying to say that "we don't deserve to go to the tournament because we have so many bad losses" is an absurd thing to say about a team with a total of 2 non Q1 losses.

Basically, what I am trying to say is that everything you say is the opposite of reality.
Ok you do realize they actually had like 5 or 6 gamess where they shot 3's fairly well (call it not the norm as their 3 point sux) Their whole offense generally sucks. If you actually watched the game you would have seen a Nebraska team that runs a 5 Out offense with someone driving iit to the basket with a cutter going to the basket which was open quite often and if it was not there it was kicked out or cross court for wide open 3's. We got schooled offensively and defensively and it has not been the 1st time. Everyone is under the assumption the B1G is a great conference well we will see in the tourney which we will not be in w/o a season ending victory. If lose last game and B1G tourney we are not going to the dance. I think I have a pretty good grasp on basketball so no I dont think my opinion is the exact opposite of the facts but you are free to your opinion

Ok you do realize they actually had like 5 or 6 gamess where they shot 3's fairly well (call it not the norm as their 3 point sux) Their whole offense generally sucks. If you actually watched the game you would have seen a Nebraska team that runs a 5 Out offense with someone driving iit to the basket with a cutter going to the basket which was open quite often and if it was not there it was kicked out or cross court for wide open 3's. We got schooled offensively and defensively and it has not been the 1st time. Everyone is under the assumption the B1G is a great conference well we will see in the tourney which we will not be in w/o a season ending victory. If lose last game and B1G tourney we are not going to the dance. I think I have a pretty good grasp on basketball so no I dont think my opinion is the exact opposite of the facts but you are free to your opinion

Is there a point to all this?

Nothing in that text wall changes the fact that you claim that a bad three-point shooting team with a winning record "relies on the three to win" or a team with no Q3 losses and 2 Q2 losses has "so many bad losses".

hop off of Montez back man . Y’all must have had a good record before he came ...
The use of "y'all" in this context is a dead giveaway that you are a Mathis fan and not a Rutgers fan. He has had some great games for us and some stinkers, much like a lot of the team. But you are not doing him or the team any favors by spreading dissent with only two guaranteed games left in what we all hope will be a historic season.

Reactions: shields
Is there a point to all this?

Nothing in that text wall changes the fact that you claim that a bad three-point shooting team with a winning record "relies on the three to win" or a team with no Q3 losses and 2 Q2 losses has "so many bad losses".
I'll concede mo point lots of wind whistling between the ears kind of wasting my time. Glad to see your hanging your hat on 3 powerhouse wins over Sacred Heart, Hofstra and FDU. Syracuse decent win. Now you do realize if they lose to Minn. It is a LOSING conference season right. Kind of tough to have bad Q3 losses when you only play 4 OOC'S but you keep pumping that

I'll concede mo point lots of wind whistling between the ears kind of wasting my time. Glad to see your hanging your hat on 3 powerhouse wins over Sacred Heart, Hofstra and FDU. Syracuse decent win. Now you do realize if they lose to Minn. It is a LOSING conference season right. Kind of tough to have bad Q3 losses when you only play 4 OOC'S but you keep pumping that

I'm not pumping anything. You said we have lots of bad losses. It's not true. It's not like I just started making that argument out of nowhere.

I'm not pumping anything. You said we have lots of bad losses. It's not true. It's not like I just started making that argument out of nowhere.
Your right stupid me WTF was I thinking
Scoring 45 & 37 pts against MSU were great losses dont know WTF I was thinking I mean we did hold them under 100 PSU, MD and NEB were also great losses.....guess what our record is what it is below .500 in the conference you spin it any way you'd like. If this was not a covid year we would barely get an invite to the NIT if we were lucky The B1G will underperform in the NCAA tourney mark my words. We lose the next 2 games betteruck next year but we can hang out hat on we would have made it last year
This VERY EXPERIENCED team has underperformed greatly

ADVERTISEMENT