ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread: Rutgers Baseball Advanced to Championship Game at 6 p.m. ET Sunday on BTN!

Oh, and:

spod-1058596408-2-1_1800x1800.png

Is the tournament still double elimination? Both Iowa and Michigan have a loss while we're undefeated. Is it a single game or do we just have to win one of two?

Nice surprise with Fiztpatrick coming back. Looked sharp. So who goes today? Bring Kollar back or our normal Sunday starter? While we are not deep, Our pitching staff has to be in better shape than either of the teams we might face.

Not going to like the winner take all if we lose but understand the need to get this tournament finished. Maybe they need to start this conference tournament a day earlier. These college games take way too long!

Reactions: Knight Shift
I woke up very happy to see RU won in the first shot( so no issue with RU game starting at 1AM. Looks like it benefitted RU!!!!

Saw RU won in 7 innings … and the opponent of RU will be playing a double header.

So RU has made 5 conference finals this year: WSoccer, Field Hockey, Lacrosse, WLacrosse, Baseball

Very nice!!!

First step is to qualify. RU made the next B1G step and are making the finals. Now it’s time to start winning their share.

Will Rutgers take that Neil Armstrong today (first men’s team title)?

Think RU is safely in the Field of 64 :)

It would be so much nicer to get the AQ … get it done!!!!

When I saw the status of the games last night, I decided to set my DVR to record BTN until 4:30am. Just watched the game this morning, mostly in fast forward. When the rain delay happened a little after 3am, I thought my recording wouldn't reach the end of the game. Thank goodness it only went 7 innings! Go RU!!

Always hated the one game championship game for a double elimination tournie.
Had it happen to me and my girls softball team where we were undefeated entering the championship game. We were facing a team we had beaten in our first game. To their credit they ran through the losers bracket to get to the final but I felt they should have had to beat us twice to claim the championship. Lost 4-3. Still pisses me off 20+ years later.

Reactions: Scarlet Craig
Do we know who Iowa or Michigan would need to pitch? They would be on the #3 or #4 starter?

BIg Ten is aloof.

This is not a true double elimination tournament with Iowa or Michigan playing Rutgers in a one game winner take all championship

No excuse. The Big Ten should have started the tournament a day earlier.
They knew the NCAA needed a completed tournament on Sunday.

BIg Ten is aloof.

This is not a true double elimination tournament with Iowa or Michigan playing Rutgers in a one game winner take all championship

No excuse. The Big Ten should have started the tournament a day earlier.
They knew the NCAA needed a completed tournament on Sunday.
Every conference is like this, it’s an NCAA baseball issue not a Big Ten issue. But agree, it’s stupid and I’d say the same thing if we were the 1-loss team

Reactions: RU Husky
Every conference is like this, it’s an NCAA baseball issue not a Big Ten issue. But agree, it’s stupid and I’d say the same thing if we were the 1-loss team
Even the much admired SEC does it that way. Today 3-0 Tenn faces 4-1 Florida in one game winner take all. Actually, even worse. Their semi-final game is single elimination.

I believe Iowa is using a first time starter in their game against Michigan today. Their ace, Mazur, is stiill having back issues but don't be surprised if he makes an appearance today... vs RU. Oy.

Is the tournament still double elimination? Both Iowa and Michigan have a loss while we're undefeated. Is it a single game or do we just have to win one of two?
This is mind-boggling. The winner of this game should have to beat us twice. It makes no sense that it’s only one game for the championship.

Reactions: RCBeta79
Ugh … Michigan up 4-1 … screwed us over in the regular season (0-3 vs Maryland) and then lights up to screw RU.

Glad they knocked off UMD, but don’t want to see them beat RU and make the NCAAs.

Worst case scenario today.

Reactions: ScarletKid2008
Statistically, Mich has worst pitching, but so far, not today. Iowa bats doing nothing. 4-1 Michigan leads after 4.

Michigan reliever just ejected for using foreign substance on ball. Deeper and earlier they go into their bullpen.

Edit- new pitcher came in and did his job.
That's crazy. Would he be suspended for our game, if Michigan wins? Check every Michigan pitcher frequently.

If Iowa wins, the championship game would be their 4th in 2 days. If Michigan wins it would be their 3rd. For RU it will be our second. Should be an advantage for us. Feeling very confident and start time hopefully has given our guys an opportunity to sleep and rest for the B1G game.

Reactions: RUTrack94
Best scenario is RU gets revenge on Michigan … worst case is Michigan beats RU.

Michigan won it in 2019 (and the national championship). They don’t need another one.

ADVERTISEMENT