ADVERTISEMENT

Football GAME THREAD: Rutgers Football vs. No. 19 Michigan

Especially considering the 1st half, I thought the offense played really well and did not make any obvious mistakes. Granted the fumble on the last play by federal was unfortunate. But that was not a sign of how the offense played generally.

GS is a great prep coach. Game day is not his forte. His feel seems lacking at times. I was hoping he learned from Meyer who is an exceptional game day coach.

Great effort all around. Need a few more game breakers.
You don’t think we were better 2nd half compared to 1st? That’s adjustments to me.

Ohio State is officially on upset alert
giphy-downsized-large.gif

Terrible play calling & clock management with the game on the line. Pacheco was running it down their throats. He's pulled and Young gets the ball with a big hole & picks up 4, whereas Pacheco would have powered & juked for more, maybe a score. Same series down in the red zone couldn't get a play off & had to burn a time out.
Next series moving again with Pacheco chewing them up & on a big down they bring in Monangi & he picks up yardage but Pacheco would have had more. You've got to ride your horse who's feeling it.
Yes we played hard & well, but we had them on their heels & should have beaten them.

Last edited:
some people don't get it; HC shouldn't be the offensive coordinator; HC is suppose to change the culture -- and when was the last time our teams walked into this building and very much could have and should have won. And dominated the 2nd half. We all will have a lot to say this week;

Reactions: ScarletDave
Yep- today was a statement to the rest of football- we are back!

Our kids played one hell of a game. This one was on our staff. Even the previous drive when we went out on downs- in the 2nd half- Mich had no answer for IP- we should have just stuck him at them 2 times. (The refs certainly didn't help either)

That may have been our best half of football in years.

Last year- 3OT and this year- pretty much even up. They have the 2 wins but we are right on their heels.

We adjusted very well, but we have very little room for error on offense. We were a false start, and two over throws away from winning the game.

You don’t think we were better 2nd half compared to 1st? That’s adjustments to me.
We were. For sure. I’ve got no issues with half time adjustments. He does well there I believe. That’s not what im talking about though.

I assume that was posted out of frustration. I assume those who liked it also did so out of frustration. Cause it just ain't true. See Maryland 2020.
forgive me if my memory is wrong but didn't he miss a big one in that game too?

Watching the TD pass again that play is beautiful, and the set up from previous plays is even better.

I'd like to apologize. I may have overreacted.
🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡

Rutgers defense played a outstanding second half.The offense was able to move the ball but was unable to make the big play around the goal line.Missing the field goal was a killer .Both teams passing game was hardly stellar.Vedral inability to complete passes downfield makes it far more difficult for Rutgers to move the ball more than 50 yards.Two straight years of heart breaking losses to Michigan.Schiano and staff did a outstanding job making adjustments during the game.

We were. For sure. I’ve got no issues with half time adjustments. He does well there I believe. That’s not what im talking about though.
Ok, I think I know what you are referring to. I’m good with most of the decisions but not the play call. Maybe that’s more on the OC. I think the kids respond well to it and you see that they are ALL-IN.

Jim Harbaugh had at least 2 chances in the on field ABC post game interview to give some credit to the lack of offense in the 2nd half, and gave Rutgers ZERO. I guess he's always thinking about recruiting, or is he just a plain douche bag. That is all.

Reactions: mikershoein
Jim Harbaugh had at least 2 chances in the on field ABC post game interview to give some credit to the lack of offense in the 2nd half, and gave Rutgers ZERO. I guess he's always thinking about recruiting, or is he just a plain douche bag. That is all.
He is trying to figure out how much longer he can fool his fan base & AD; and I vote for your 2nd thought.

Reactions: RUfinally2008
I assume that was posted out of frustration. I assume those who liked it also did so out of frustration. Cause it just ain't true. See Maryland 2020.
True. But he's missed so many key FGs that one can't help but wonder.

Ambrosio is 14 for 18 for his career. 78%. 31 for 32 on XP. For NFL, not good. For college, not bad.
gotta get more confidence on the big ones..I guess that takes time from a soccer kicker. but his missed FG wasn't the difference yesterday anyway. It would have certainly helped but not the key missed opportunities.

ADVERTISEMENT