ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball GAME THREAD: Rutgers Hoops versus Ohio State

There is a problem when you are not ripping into officials and the team for a lack of energy. They need a shot in the arm. This is where a chair needs to be flung across the room and an ass chewing is needed. Revenge twitter posts for today, got to walk the talk. I really like this team and they are way better than they are showing. Someone has got to light a fire.

Our offense sucks. Nobody is crashing the boards NOTHING but one on one play. The guards need to start rebounding. It's not all about shooting
The little things win games

Been running the same bullshit offense forever. Everyone knows what we are doing.

Reactions: MV9000
Anyone complaining about the refs today is clueless. We look lifeless out there — no energy, nobody asserting themselves

Is there anybody on this team capable of getting in his teammates' faces to light a fire under them? I guess you have to have fire to light a fire. This team is a shell of its former self. Beyond disappointed.

Is there anybody on this team capable of getting in his teammates' faces to light a fire under them? I guess you have to have fire to light a fire. This team is a shell of its former self. Beyond disappointed.

there is no leadership on the court. Baker has regressed and I don’t think Harper wants the role.

They're making the midrange jumpers besides the threes by getting to the open spots. We just dribble into trouble with a very little chance of getting a clean shot off. One extra step and it gets blocked. Just playing bad BB for whatever the reason and no energy at all.

Reactions: Captain Hogleg
As soon as we starting getting healthy as a team we've played like shit.

22-4 run by Ohio State.42-30 half time.Simply abysmal performance which just shows the Michigan State game was no fluke.Bottom line Ohio State has more talented players and their coaching knows how to neutralize Rutgers defense.Rutgers really needs a power forward with size and scoring ability.

I wonder if Mag is relatively healthy. I would like to see if he can guard someone and box out.

Reactions: Scangg
Anyone else having problems with their cable or stream? Mine seems to be playing an Eddie Jordan era game for some reason. Actually, come to think of it, it was last game too...

Reactions: RU516 and MV9000
22-4 run by Ohio State.42-30 half time.Simply abysmal performance which just shows the Michigan State game was no fluke.Bottom line Ohio State has more talented players and their coaching knows how to neutralize Rutgers defense.Rutgers really needs a power forward with size and scoring ability.
They are just much tougher ; you can see it

there is no leadership on the court. Baker has regressed and I don’t think Harper wants the role.
Something is up with those two. They don't seem to have any energy. They're the leaders and they're not taking charge. Geo should demand the ball and Harper looked like an all american two weeks ago. I know they're hurt but that's no excuse to not being the effort.

Reactions: Mr Magoo
First 5 minutes will tell whether they want to be there today. If not scoring 50 may be far reached.

Wish we would get some better, more purposeful movement from the players off the ball. We’re cold on offense, but we’re also making it extremely easy to defend us by leaving the guy with ball without pass options when he drives. Leading to these weak layups and shot blocks.

Yup. I think I’m as big of an apologist as anybody for this team, but the effort’s been pitiful today. Not sure who the leader of this bunch is — if they don’t find one we’ll find ourselves fighting an uphill battle to the tournament soon enough

As soon as we starting getting healthy as a team we've played like shit.
not an excuse but we haven't been healthy all year. you think Geo is even remotely close to 100%?? Look at how bad our backup center play has been today? how many points has that cost us that woudl be a different story with Cliff?

Again not going to make excuses though we deserve to be down 12.

I know for whatever reason you guys dont wanna believe this but not running an offense is a serious problem
We aren't scoring in transition which also gives guys confidence and rhythm for when we are in the half court. We aren't getting stops and can't rebound so we can't get out and run

Reactions: KevH
Something is up with those two. They don't seem to have any energy. They're the leaders and they're not taking charge. Geo should demand the ball and Harper looked like an all american two weeks ago. I know they're hurt but that's no excuse to not being the effort.
Been worried about team chemistry when everyone was back and healthy. Seems maybe my concern was grounded because we have no team chemistry right now.

not an excuse but we haven't been healthy all year. you think Geo is even remotely close to 100%?? Look at how bad our backup center play has been today? how many points has that cost us that woudl be a different story with Cliff?

Again not going to make excuses though we deserve to be down 12.
Agree Geo isn’t 100%. It’s very obvious on D. Still seems a step off with his lateral movement, a classic problem after ankle injuries.

I keep wondering if this is where we miss Yeboah or a presence like Corey Sanders. I thought Geo was that guy, but...

It's time for these guys to back up all that swagger I was seeing on social media and in the post game press conferences.

Another observation.Rutgers really needs a sellout crowd to urge them on .They seem unable to do it on their own.

When does Jones join the team? If OSU can get a mid year grad in with only 2 practices, no reason Jones can’t see some minutes given the way the rest of the team is playing

When we made that 10-0, to go up 26-20, OSU players were running into Myles offensively, defensively until they gave him his 2nd on the "moving screen", which it wasn't a foul was on Sotos but it is never called, at 26-26 6:19. They went on a 16-4 because we don't have anyone on the roster that can do what Myles does at the 5, Not Douc, Not Reiber, Not Nathan,Not Mag, no one with Cliff out and all teams know it after the first OSU game, target Myles.

Wide open shots by OSU
Where the he## is the coverage?

‘This team has not resembled a NCAA tournament team for the last2 weeks.

ADVERTISEMENT