ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball GAME THREAD: Rutgers Hoops versus Ohio State

They're not going to make their shots at this rate all game. We are getting good looks. just keep going
we’re getting good looks because they’re all low percentage shots that OSU wants us to take.
Harper not confident since his injury definitely still not 100%. Jacob young only goes to the rim half the time and half as hard because he doesn’t get foul calls but gets injured all the time doing so.

It’s unfortunate but you need 3 quality centers to play in the B1G. Amazing how the loss of Omoruyi makes this team completely one dimensional, and easily beatable.

we’re a good team when we can hit hard shots. But it’s much easier to hit hard shots when the floor is spaced because you can play your inside game. Look how we did today before Myles got those fouls. He had 4 points and we were winning. The run we went on was playing good inside ball and opened up the outside. But as soon as they shut us down inside we’re out of this game.

Harper's body language was GOD AWFUL on that steal. Doesn't even hustle back. Wtf is going on with this team?

how does a team go from 2 point loss to Iowa to completely falling off the ****ing globe the next two games, not even the effort.

Rebounds are now 27 - 13. We are having a lot of problems, but that is the biggest one.

Reactions: Scangg
No rebounding at all. Mathis is standing under the boards waiting for the ball to come to him and he’s getting completely out hustled. Same with Harper

Our team is playing hard but we are not healthy and it shows. Bodies are beat up from the grind.

Well, we're not as good as we thought, but we're also nowhere near as bad as we've shown the past couple of games. So, let's go on a run here and at least make it a game and win the next one.

Going to have to find a new rotation going forward . Need to play the guys that actually want to play hard and team basketball. Geo is horrible right. Is. Caleb should get his minutes . Much better defensively
We brought in 3 guys and we went on a 10 - 0 run, took them
out and Ohio went 17-0. Go figure.

Harper is just horrible. Wide open shots aren't even close.

Our entire scoring is predicated on transition buckets, beating guys one on one and thats all. When teams get us into the half court we become arguably the worst team in the big ten. Not running an offense is a serious serious problem. Were in year 5 and we still dont run a perpetual half court offense. Its a problem. You guys can disagree with me and thats fine but youre seeing these past couple games what ive seen for 5 years
So you're agreeing with me... We need to get in transition and score is what I said lol it triggers everything for us offensively.

I've complained about the offensive sets for years if you back and check and wondered if Hobbs needed to hand those duties over since I believe he runs the offense.

This season it looked much better early on. We don't run ZERO offense though. We run some sets. We don't always run them and we need to have some more variety. The offensive gameplan needs an adjustment for sure

Montez gets one of these "fall over his own feet" fouls 25 feet from the basket every game.

OSU is our Michigan of last year. Means we probably get them in the B1G tournament.

I really don’t get why Pike has just given Jacob Young the keys to the offense effectively turning Geo into a catch and shoot guard. We look atrocious.

agree we have only one big man on this team and 7 guards; McConnell was hot in the first half now where is he

Harper's body language was GOD AWFUL on that steal. Doesn't even hustle back. Wtf is going on with this team?

how does a team go from 2 point loss to Iowa to completely falling off the ****ing globe the next two games, not even the effort.

Harper has looked even slower since his injury which is understandable. However, he also looks disinterested.

Geo Paul McConnell Palmquist Reiber....

giving up with 11 minutes left eh? I don’t get it. Second variation of this lineup he also used similar in 1H was a mess..

ADVERTISEMENT