ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball GAME THREAD: Rutgers Hoops versus Ohio State

So next game we start pressing earlier. It's made a difference both on the scoreboard and with our energy. Too little too late now unfortunately .

Reactions: ScarletDave
Should have tried pressing in the first half to get some energy and change momentum. At a minimum maybe gets OSU out of their rhythm

There is clearly some tactical stuff to develop for Pike, But the biggest problem I’m seeing right now is team chemistry, followed by some very moody play by some critically important players (Geo, Harper, Johnson).

Pike has his work cut out for him. But the players need to shown film of their energy level and moodiness when things aren’t going well. Basketball is too quick a game to have these on-court pouting sessions.

Bad call by the refs? Move on.

Other team makes a couple lights out threes? Move on.
I think you have it. I think people gave GEO too much credit for being the mature glue last year. I think It was Yeboah. Someone needs to be the composed leader. They don't have one right now

Geo needs to come off the bench and Paul needs to start.

caleb was awesome today everyone else eh

Wish we didn’t foul there. 78-68 makes it look better to the voters

Final score 79-68 Ohio State .late run made the final score more respectable but there are so many problems that need to be addressed.

Reactions: RUfanSinceAnderson
Geo just whip it at the back board at this point at least you'll hit something.

Gosh I hope Rutgers gets healthy and meets OSU in the BIG tournament and burries them.

A week off might not be the worse thing for this team. Geo needs to take a step back and get his head right. It’s mental with him at this point. Is he afraid to land on someone’s foot every time he leaves the floor to jump?

Coach needs to get this team back to basics with rebounding, defense, and hustle.

And maybe practice more zone defenses and presses if Myles getting fouls is such a concern.

Reactions: mildone
A week off might not be the worse thing for this team. Geo needs to take a step back and get his head right. It’s mental with him at this point. Is he afraid to land on someone’s foot every time he leaves the floor to jump?

Coach needs to get this team back to basics with rebounding, defense, and hustle.

And maybe practice more zone defenses and presses if Myles getting fouls is such a concern.
Maybe the bad ankle boys could benefit from more rest too.

Geo needs to come off the bench and Paul needs to start.
Maybe. But sometimes that sort of thing backfires.

I think making the team get together and watch some highlights of players pouting, or jogging instead of sprinting... and calling it out, will be enough to make those players cut out the crap. Maybe show contrasting film of them playing with intensity and energy to come from behind. A bit of carrot or the stick.

RU goes nowhere unless everyone, including Geo, plays each point with great intensity, especially when the refs and the bounces are going against them. It’s forgivable to miss shots or make bad decisions. It’s not forgivable to give less than 100%.

Reactions: MV9000
Another loss to OSU ... 0-2 in BB ... any shot in beating them in any sport this year?

Wrestling got smashed, BB lost 3x in a row, WBB lost 2x in a row ... starting to feel like a few years ago when we would win 20% of our contests.

Wanted to see 1 conference championship in anything this year. Maybe Wonen Soccer?

Another loss to OSU ... 0-2 in BB ... any shot in beating them in any sport this year?

Wrestling got smashed, BB lost 3x in a row, WBB lost 2x in a row ... starting to feel like a few years ago when we would win 20% of our contests.

Wanted to see 1 conference championship in anything this year. Maybe Wonen Soccer?
Wrestling was against #2 Michigan

Yep. Time to embarrass the players with the film of the pouting. Next game anyone seen pouting the team rips into them.

Reactions: Scangg
Rutgers offense is inept because of the lack of front court size,players inability to make shots around the basket or get fouled and the disappearance of the go to scorers Baker and Harper.The rest of the squad are complementary type players except for Young who probably hasn't recovered from the hip/back injury.Math is having problem with drives to the basket because he is only 6' 4''.and shots are blocked.
in the OSU game you repeatedly saw Mathis getting hard hand checks as he attempted to elevate.. its easy to block shows when you hold back and then climb the shooter's body.

Reactions: NickKnight 1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT