ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball GAME THREAD: Rutgers Hoops vs. Iowa

Until Gavin gets here and Derek Simpson gets an offseason in the strength program, we are going to continue to be an offensively challenged team.

Reactions: darkcheck
Until Gavin gets here and Derek Simpson gets an offseason in the strength program, we are going to continue to be an offensively challenged team.
Derek's issues a lot more mental than physical.

This is true but we knew that. The D is pathetic

Just listening on the radio, so I'm not seeing the offense, but the difference in this game as opposed to recent big wins is, we are allowing the opposition to put points up.
Iowa doing Iowa --- shooting the ball well.

Reactions: RU-05
I'd put Jalen Millee out there you are not going to get any O but you will get defensive intensity

Reactions: RUDead
I feel like the fat lady is getting ready. They didn’t come to play today

Team has been absolutely lost from the start today

Well guys … this was a crap game for RU … Iowa took it to RU, and everyone across the board at RU played like crap. Hoping RU can come back and get it to a single digit loss. Iowa seems to own RU.

Most of the rest of the league can’t play offense like this
Not sure about that. They have the better athletes to do it. Will to do it may be another story.

We don't have the horses to come back and the defense is taking the day off. We have 5 minutes to turn this around defensively and capitalize on offense.

Don’t get why we keep trying to trap the post. Let wolf or Cliff use strength. Rather hard fought twos instead of practice like open 3s all day.

Reactions: RUDead
Just not our day.

Can't do anything on offense.

Refs flown in special from Des Moines

Iowa hitting any 3 they throw up.

Move on.

We are super flat on offense going against a team that is shooting really well from 3 - that is not going to equal good things.

I can’t differentiate between Kris and Keegan Murray and I’m not just talking about their appearance. really crazy, they’re the same exact player

Reactions: kt124
Could really use Dylan in a couple of years, we don't have anyone who can create their own offense right now. The issue with that against Iowa is the only way we can score is by getting out in transition, but that plays right into what they want. We can't run with them.

i guess we were due for a stinker but man this hurts
Huh? This is our home and same reaction for the Hall Game. We didn't exactly play to our potential vs. Maryland. Team not showing up at home for big games isn't the norm.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT