ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball GAME THREAD: Rutgers Hoops vs. Penn State

In this game we played a decent 20 minutes. You will never win a game unless you play that way the entire game.

To once be ranked 11th and then to lose 5 in a row is beyond jaw dropping. I have no idea what they're doing in practice, but it ain't working.

Some of you complained about Paul. If it wasn't for Paul we would NEVER have made this game close. He busted his butt out there, while other "stars" were absent on defense at least a half dozen times.
Kid always gives his all. End game he went to say something to Mathis who just looked the other way. He wants to play the game. Isn't respected by most except Myles. Maybe Ron.

Reactions: RU MAN
This program is so so so so similar to seton hall under Willard. In year 5 his team collapsed, sina quit end of season, players hated each other, awful body language. Similar happened here. He paid guys and bounced back. What do we do? Who knows

40-27 rebound deficit. Says it all about effort and pride. The core of this team is broken for reasons we are likely to never know. At this point, major line up changes are necessary. Sometimes change for the sake of change is all your left with.

Reactions: bac2therac
This program is so so so so similar to seton hall under Willard. In year 5 his team collapsed, sina quit end of season, players hated each other, awful body language. Similar happened here. He paid guys and bounced back. What do we do? Who knows
Start cheating, everyone does it and nothing really ever happens when you get caught. Who cares.

Reactions: anon_0k9zlfz6lz9oy
Not really. Had he held his ground and fell back vs just soft stepping off the spit he may have gotten it. Plus their coach called out the refs last game.
Sorry but you still can’t lead with your head and shoulders, He plowed into Harper. We still don’t win the game but ref still has to make the right call

Sorry but you still can’t lead with your head and shoulders, He plowed into Harper. We still don’t win the game but ref still has to make the right call

I agree no foul on Harper but I thought PM pushed him to be honest.

Probably give Steve Hayn more recruiting responsibility.

Worst P5 team in the country. Said it during the MSU game and ill say it again. They ain’t about it.

It’s almost guaranteed to be a result of off the court stuff that we won’t hear about but it is what it is.

Reactions: whofrewdatmataRU13
It’s very simple. We surprised a lot of teams in the beginning. Now teams adjusted and Pike needs to adjust.

speaks volumes that RU came back..I think that is the point
Because we saw this once this year it's a point? I mean geez, need a little more evidence then that. A judge in a courtroom would laugh you out of the place.

P.S. Maybe we can talk about some of the frankly disturbing off topic posts I’ve seen you make.. shocked you have the balls to post here tbh

Not me dude. You have no idea what you’re talking about. Please identify one.

EDIT. Never mind, I will just put you and your childish posts on ignore. Bye.

Last edited:
It’s very simple. We surprised a lot of teams in the beginning. Now teams adjusted and Pike needs to adjust.

There is no adjustment for teams that can't shoot from the floor or ft line.

Throw in some good ole selfish play and you have a serious mess on your hands.

There is something going on with this team behind the scenes. You don't go from team ball and winning games to selfish lethargy overnight without some other issues.

There is no adjustment for teams that can't shoot from the floor or ft line.

Throw in some good ole selfish play and you have a serious mess on your hands.

There is something going on with this team behind the scenes. You don't go from team ball and winning games to selfish lethargy overnight without some other issues.
I think they bought into the hype and press clippings. Some poster compared Harper to Draymond Green. Really? Geo should just rest or get 15 min per game. His D is awful and every team is exposing it.

I think they bought into the hype and press clippings. Some poster compared Harper to Draymond Green. Really? Geo should just rest or get 15 min per game. His D is awful and every team is exposing it.

Agree about the D. For every step back he makes, he gives up 3x that not being able to stay in front of his man either getting beat directly or forcing the other guys to rotate leading to good looks.

Pike should be fired tonight.

Please stop that. Nobody is going to be fired even if you post it another 100 times. You want to say we weren't prepared in some aspects? Ok
You want to say that we were out hustled and out worked and that points to the coach? Ok
But no one's getting fired either tonight or for quite a while. Show a little maturity and common sense.

Please stop that. Nobody is going to be fired even if you post it another 100 times. You want to say we weren't prepared in some aspects? Ok
You want to say that we were out hustled and out worked and that points to the coach? Ok
But no one's getting fired either tonight or for quite a while. Show a little maturity and common sense.

I don't actually want him fired tonight; the convo that post is from is not worth explaining but that post is basically to needle the guy I was responding to.

Tough spot. He's in for D, but then on O you play hack a Myles.

No good options.

Myles was 7 for 9 tonight, 14 points, he abused PSU when he got the ball....why we were not getting it to him more in the first half well thats the issue with guards who are selfish

The next drive to the basket shot that JY takes that's not off balance will be his first.
Reminds me of James harden. Difference is Harden's go in.

Myles was 7 for 9 tonight, 14 points, he abused PSU when he got the ball....why we were not getting it to him more in the first half well thats the issue with guards who are selfish

Said the same thing in the first half. Not having a post presence in Myles means he is out playing high picks, which keeps the ball on the perimeter. For a team that can't shoot, or make FT's when they do and get fouled, it's doing exactly what a defense wants you to.

The FT thing is killing this team too. They are afraid of the line, and don't do things to get to the line. This is counter intuitive to how basketball is played. You want to get the other team in foul trouble. With our horrendous FT shooting though, we don't. It means we have to go to the line where we don't score.

There is so much broken on this team, but the fundamental way of playing the game has been completely compromised.

RU doesn't pay players. Or hire HS coaches as assistants. Simple
as that

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT