ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball GAME THREAD: Rutgers Hoops vs. Wisconsin

10-13 at the line vs. 2-7, including 3 missed front ends - that's 5-6 points right there and we're down 6

It’s every year with Pikiell. You can’t tell me he’s putting an emphasis on FT shooting in practice.

Seriously this ****ing guy shoots 35% from the line, commits retarded fouls, and tweets about refs fixing games. ****ing useless.
I mean I agree he can be frustrating at times but he’s an elite post defender when he’s not in foul trouble. No one else on this roster can match what he does at that end of the floor

The offense is holding this team back and our coach is proud to say openly he doest worry about the offense that much

We’ll always have December. Season officially over. Oh well. At least I won’t be tortured by seeing these games in person.

Reactions: King of S
I'm frustrated, too, but some of you guys are just dick$.
Shut the eff up.
They're not the best team, and they're playing some really good teams.

Reactions: shields
Bottom line. We aren’t ready to be an elite big ten team. We have to grind out wins. Our leaders are a total no show. We piss away possessions and act like bitches at times. Oh well.

I turned away when it got to 10 points. I hope none of you didnt fall for a comeback..that was a feeble poorly coached comeback

Great job Pike. Great offense. NOT!!!! This is horse$hit now.

I mean I agree he can be frustrating at times but he’s an elite post defender when he’s not in foul trouble. No one else on this roster can match what he does at that end of the floor

The guy has great upside but is a complete head case and is just a horrible liability at the line

If you can’t put the orange ball through the orange rim you cant win. This team just has not figured out how to do that at any range. More unfortunate is my kids old AAU team was more fundamentally sound from the Free throw line. At this point we’re playing for NIT

Reactions: RU MAN
Another game another terrible offensive effort
Our offense is all on the coach you had 1 week to get ready for this game and here we go with the same BS post game this loss is on us the coaches well how about you actually coach them our top 3 coaches are all point guards and we run no offense at all

Reactions: RUsojo
The guy has great upside but is a complete head case and is just a horrible liability at the line
One tweet and he’s a “head case”? Really? And sure he’s a liability at the line but what’s our alternative at center? He’s the best we’ve got at both ends of the floor — and one of the best interior defenders in the whole league

At least we have a talented group of freshman in reiber palmquist and mag to have hope for the future once this senior class leaves

I have never said this in my life as a proud Rutgers alum. But I really think we're cursed. How can we start off as a team ranked 12th and now we absolutely can't buy a win. Don't tell me about the B1G schedule. Geo and Ron have absolutely disappeared. If they want to salvage this season and make the NCAA's those two need to step up. I'm fed up with this garbage play.

A great deal of 2019 equity has been flushed. You can't say we made the tourney. And the darn near guarantee we would make it this year is shot.
Pikel deserves all the questioning he gets about his coaching and team management.

Yea cause it’s easy to recruit to rutgers.

It's not that hard.

We just don't hire recruiting sharks. The best recruiter we hired was Fred Hill and he got his fair share of players. He just couldn't coach them up, and he never had a backup plan when he missed out on a recruit.

One tweet and he’s a “head case”? Really? And sure he’s a liability at the line but what’s our alternative at center? He’s the best we’ve got at both ends of the floor — and one of the best interior defenders in the whole league

dude it’s not just the tweet he’s been whining at the refs for three years

So many opportunities to try and build a lead in the 2nd half and we just couldn’t get a bucket. We had a star at the season in Ron, he’s been MIA for a while now. This team will continue to struggle until he figures it out.

ADVERTISEMENT