ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball GAME THREAD: Rutgers Hoops vs. Wisconsin

It's not that hard.

We just don't hire recruiting sharks. The best recruiter we hired was Fred Hill and he got his fair share of players. He just couldn't coach them up, and he never had a backup plan when he missed out on a recruit.
Yea ok it’s not hard That’s moronic.

You realize this was against an elite defensive team in the big ten? And they are all like 24 years old? They are in the top 10 for a reason.

Teams are adjusting. Not sneaking on anyone anymore. Now Pike needs to adjust.

RHJ needs to stop shooting 3s and needs to focus on drawing a double like he did with Myles. He seems disengaged on offense.

Reactions: RU MAN
I have never said this in my life as a proud Rutgers alum. But I really think we're cursed. How can we start off as a team ranked 12th and now we absolutely can't buy a win. Don't tell me about the B1G schedule. Geo and Ron have absolutely disappeared. If they want to salvage this season and make the NCAA's those two need to step up. I'm fed up with this garbage play.

Cursed indeed. no other fan base can understand what it’s like to be a RU fan.

Reactions: RU MAN
Uh he’s the one who recruited them

that’s what I’m saying. He’s not going to fix that. He and his staff can teach form. But the rest is
A great deal of 2019 equity has been flushed. You can't say we made the tourney. And the darn near guarantee we would make it this year is shot.
Pikel deserves all the questioning he gets about his coaching and team management.

We weren’t meant to go. Covid last year, a total meltdown this year, it will be locusts next year.

We’ve had open threes, but can’t drain any of them. Beginning of the season, we were shooting threes out of our mind. Don’t blame the coaches entirely if we get the looks, but can’t knock them down.

A great deal of 2019 equity has been flushed. You can't say we made the tourney. And the darn near guarantee we would make it this year is shot.
Pikel deserves all the questioning he gets about his coaching and team management.

this. There is no reason we shouldn’t be better this year and next year than we were last year. If we don’t make the tournament one of those years you have to conclude last year was a fluke

dude Chicago state shoots like 68% from the line
My daughter shoots 70+% from foul liners absolutely pathetic. These fouk shots down the stretch are not even close. They are not even back iron, they are so bad they are almost bank shots
That's GARBAGE

We’ve had open threes, but can’t drain any of them. Beginning of the season, we were shooting threes out of our mind. Don’t blame the coaches entirely if we get the looks, but can’t knock them down.

if you run some plays and get a couple of easy buckets here and there, it’s mazing how shots can start to fall afterwards.

The two for seven from the line is deceiving. With three missed front ends, it was effectively two for 10.

On the bright side, except for a couple of big baskets by Trice, They did defend pretty well. Remember Wisconsin is one of the best three-point shooting teams in the nation. Today they were 24% from three and 35% overall. The rebounding also seems to have returned. But you can’t win if you don’t make shots.

Reactions: RUonBrain
Pike is the CEO of this organization. I don’t care what he does. I’m not a basketball coach. He should fix it or if he can’t we should find someone who can.
Like the last 10 coaches? Expectations ran amok with a tiny bit of success. He needs time.

The second half was a horror show with both teams shooting bricks.Wisconsin made shots in the last minutes of the game while Rutgers struggles to score 50 points.The pattern of offensive futility is becoming the norm which is disturbing.There wasn't one player that stepped up in crunch time to make a basket.

Yea ok it’s not hard That’s moronic.

Great response.

As far as I can remember following this team we've gotten the following Top 150 talents to come to Rutgers - Sean Axani, Todd Billett, Dahntay Jones, Marquis Webb, Quincy Douby, Herve Lamizana, JR Inman, Anthony Farmer, Jaron Griffin, Hamady N'Diaye, Corey Chandler, Mike Rosario, Greg Echenique, Dane Miller, Eli Carter, Greg Lewis, Jerome Seagears, Myles Mack, and Kadeem Jack. And that was up until Mike Rice blew up. So basically in a span of 15 years and 4 different coaches we got about 19 Top 150 players. That's enough to win honestly if your talent develops. That's decent for a school that:

A. Didn't spend big on coaches.
B. Didn't spend big on facilities.
C. Has a woeful track record in hoops.

Something other than what he’s doing. It’s not working.
Actually it is working. We aren’t a laughing stock. You think we go from the worst team in d1 to a top ten team overnight. I think you are smarter than that.

Great response.

As far as I can remember following this team we've gotten the following Top 150 talents to come to Rutgers - Sean Axani, Todd Billett, Dahntay Jones, Marquis Webb, Quincy Douby, Herve Lamizana, JR Inman, Anthony Farmer, Jaron Griffin, Hamady N'Diaye, Corey Chandler, Mike Rosario, Greg Echenique, Dane Miller, Eli Carter, Greg Lewis, Jerome Seagears, Myles Mack, and Kadeem Jack. And that was up until Mike Rice blew up. So basically in a span of 15 years and 4 different coaches we got about 19 Top 150 players. That's enough to win honestly if your talent develops. That's decent for a school that:

A. Didn't spend big on coaches.
B. Didn't spend big on facilities.
C. Has a woeful track record in hoops.
Not sure what your point is. We’ve sucked forever

Not sure what your point is. We’ve sucked forever

My point is that your belief that recruiting to Rutgers is hard is wrong and disproven by the facts.

Since you only choose to respond with one liners and insults, I'm going to assume I've made my point and move on.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT