ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball GAME THREAD: Rutgers vs. Indiana

So many complicated explanations for our offensive woes instead of stating the obvious: a shooting slump. And then the open shots fall, and so many complicated explanations for why the offense is working again.
If the shots keep falling from now through March, we will all be very very happy and glad we got the slump out of the way when we did

I'd like to take back all the things I said in this thread, and aloud in my living room, during the first half, and replace that with "Wooooo!!!"

the reason why the posts in here are what they are, are for the posters to deal with their emotions unfiltered without breaking anything. Its a release of frustration and yes the team was atrocious in the first 12 minutes down 15. But we all are fans here and pretty much everyone stuck around and posted positive stuff as the game went on. We are fanatics, we are also manic. I was wondered why people get freaked out at what gets muttered in a game thread

Reactions: RutgersRockies
it's because everyone here is a passionate fan who probably cares a little too much. So when things are going bad, the $#it flies
Your right fans are passionate but there is a difference in being passionate and outright stupid

the reason why the posts in here are what they are, are for the posters to deal with their emotions unfiltered without breaking anything. Its a release of frustration and yes the team was atrocious in the first 12 minutes down 15. But we all are fans here and pretty much everyone stuck around and posted positive stuff as the game went on. We are fanatics, we are also manic. I was wondered why people get freaked out at what gets muttered in a game thread
I am probably one of the more critical posters of CRITICAL posters. I don’t mind criticism when warranted. I get aggravated in the manner and tone it is done. I would assume we are all adults on these boards but you wouldn’t know it the way some people post on here.

Just watched game. Dont lay in bed and watch game I was asleep very early into 2nd half We won obviously because we hit shots but we won because it was an unselfish effort. This has to be the 1st game with actual assists in the stat lines.
You want to make MJ & CO effective they have to get the ball in the paint, get it to them there and they will do damage. Outside of the key not so much. They dud a much better job inside the paint. When they figure out there is a lot of square footage inside the 3 pt line. They will not lose many games. Cannot live & die on 3 pters. Blame Steph Curry!! 2pter's add up fast too

Sort of like how every B1G team owns you in football lol.
For those not named Ohio State - give us a few more years and that will change, too. I am not saying we will own everyone else, but we won't be pushovers. Three B1G wins in year one of Schiano 2.0 with a rebuilding roster, and recruiting is light years ahead of where we were under (cr)Ash.

Reactions: Kbee3
your point is what but exposing yourself as a troll
Troll? All you do is blast players all game and then if they make an exciting play want to buy them dinner. Take so and so out. He should never play unless its garbage time. Fill in the blank is the worst player in the conference. Even when they went up around 20 you were still bitching about every little misplay. And speaking of should nots you should never post during a game because all you do is show yourself to be a clown.

Reactions: Kbee3 and Loyal-Son
I just read through some of early posts in this thread and I have to ask: what is the point of these game threads? Shared misery?

For me it's being able to curse w/o saying a word in front of my girls.
I can see that. I normally don't go on them. I figure I get pissed enough on my own when the team isn't playing well- I don't need any help from others.

I can see that. I normally don't go on them. I figure I get pissed enough on my own when the team isn't playing well- I don't need any help from others.
I usually go on just in case my streaming is behind. Psycho much?

I just read through some of early posts in this thread and I have to ask: what is the point of these game threads? Shared misery?

I enjoy them. Back in the day I used to go to all the home games and talk over play by play with my friends. Since I can't do that anymore, I discourse with the faithful here on the game thread.

I enjoy them. Back in the day I used to go to all the home games and talk over play by play with my friends. Since I can't do that anymore, I discourse with the faithful here on the game thread.
I guess. I just don’t see how all that angst is enjoyable. I will say this, RU fans know how to do angst!

I actually had a good feeling when we were down as we were playing with energy. We as a fanbase just give up way too early on

I guess. I just don’t see how all that angst is enjoyable. I will say this, RU fans know how to do angst!

The alternative is to suffer (or rejoice) in solitude. I prefer to see what other people are thinking.

I went back and looked at the first ten pages and actually I couldn’t have been much more accurate or prescient in game

At a certain point he really did almost everything I’ve been asking for

Tonight I looked back over my entire life and determined I've never made an error. Earth is lucky to have me, you plebs should bow, I am your Lord.

The alternative is to suffer (or rejoice) in solitude. I prefer to see what other people are thinking.
Sorry, but some of you guys are so ready to jump off a cliff that solitude is better. You can’t convince me that those game threads aren’t toxic.

You are nuts.

maybe the disconnect is just me spending entirely too much time on the boards (others are also guilty of this) and Kenpom and other sites that the casuals just can’t keep up with all the discussions to keep all the comments in context

ADVERTISEMENT