ADVERTISEMENT

Football GAMEDAY THREAD: RFootball vs. No. 3 Ohio State

Any of you complaining about that punter and the coach of OSU, have your head up your ass. Our team absolutely sucks. They are like the kindergarten team playing. I’m sure they are all terrific young men, and that’s why some of them excel in the NFL, because they are so freaking thirsty for good coaching, but while they are at Rutgers, with this coach, they are horrible.

Wasn't a fake punt. The punter obviously made that move himself. And why not? We crashed the entire middle and left the flank entirely wide open.

We are getting smoked. It's embarrassing to ask a team to have mercy.
That is a bad take.

I’d be embarrassed if we did that to someone given the same circumstance.

Reactions: PSAL_Hoops
So Cruikshank misses next week as well, I think. Or at least the 1st half.

It's gonna be Nebraska vs The Scarlet Volunteers at the rate we're going.

Reactions: JRZEER
Good for Greg. No friends on the opposite sideline no matter how long he coached there.

That being said, it wasn't a designed fake

He can’t coach both teams. GS looked JV running to the sideline like that.

Not really. OSU is supposed to keep its players off the field. Instead they surrounded our guys. Coaches do that all the time in basketball etc. This was no different. And you can’t let Day scream at our players.

Reactions: RUfromNJ
Wide open field. How could the punter be expected to not run?
Coach tells him. There's certain unwritten agreements. Why do you think everyone badmouthed Schiano when he coached the Buc's and still rushed the d-line when the other team was in victory formation?

The message is just don't be a dick,

Guys, going for it like that is bad because now you’ll get headhunting.

You police your team or the other team will.

Reactions: kupuna133
Wide open field. How could the punter be expected to not run?
Yep, and I'm sure they practice this during the week if that situation comes up. Don't really see anything wrong with it as OSU is playing their backups anyways. You have to let your kids play like it's regular game situations

Reactions: RW90
He can’t coach both teams. GS looked JV running to the sideline like that. He was known to attack the kneel down. Can’t have it both ways.
Bullshit Greg rushed the kneel down when it was either a one or two possession game...not a 40+ deficit.

Reactions: ScarletDave
Hard to throw the flag on Cruickshank there running with a full head of steam and the punter going out upright.

He can’t coach both teams. GS looked JV running to the sideline like that. He was known to attack the kneel down. Can’t have it both ways.
I’m not defending Schiano. He looked like an idiot and he is equally to blame. But when you are up by 40 you are trying to make sure you get out without any injuries. Day is known to pull stunts like this to rub it in. Show some class.

Bullshit Greg rushed the kneel down when it was either a one or two possession game...not a 40+ deficit.

Go back and look at what happened. Greg didn’t say anything until the teams separated and Day started yelling and pointing at the RU players.

If only Greg was miked - I would have loved to hear the exchange with Day and his little pep talk to the offense.

Sam Brown moving people. So dumb he wasn’t in on that short yardage sequence.

For the first time, I really hated Gleeson in that moment.

Reactions: redking and pmvon
Great players make great coaches. tOSU has the players. If we get great players, Schiano will be a great coach. Unless that happens, this is what we’ll continue to see.

Reactions: pmvon
Coach tells him. There's certain unwritten agreements. Why do you think everyone badmouthed Schiano when he coached the Buc's and still rushed the d-line when the other team was in victory formation?

The message is just don't be a dick,
Tell him forget what we preach all practice cause we're up big? I don't think so.

Dumb friggin' post. When he had better players in his later years in 1.0, we were very disciplined, not boring and rarely got blown out. And your last sentence is simply ridiculous. You're just trolling now. Of course we're going to look bad when we're outmatched against a team like OSU.

Covid season

I’m not defending Schiano. He looked like an idiot and he is equally to blame. But when you are up by 40 you are trying to make sure you get out without any injuries. Day is known to pull stunts like this to rub it in. Show some class.
When? That's simply BS. He's taken the knee in many games I've watched. He's probably told his backups and punters to play just like it's a tight game in case they face the same situation again down the road

Good for Greg. No friends on the opposite sideline no matter how long he coached there.

That being said, it wasn't a designed fake
Not really. OSU is supposed to keep its players off the field. Instead they surrounded our guys. Coaches do that all the time in basketball etc. This was no different. And you can’t let Day scream at our players.
You don’t tee off on a punter 3 years a out of bounds. If Wagner pulled that with Krushank, Greg would be livid too. You don’t leave your sideline and confront the other coach. Pop Warner BS.

Reactions: rrdd2021
Great players make great coaches. tOSU has the players. If we get great players, Schiano will be a great coach. Unless that happens, this is what we’ll continue to see.

This excuse again.

How do you get great players?
Wishes and prayers?
Hopes and dreams?
What's the recruiting pitch? "Just trust me."

It's by being a good coach already with the current players and making them competitive (not even winning).
Then going to the better players and saying "look what I did with them. With you, we can be great."

ADVERTISEMENT