ADVERTISEMENT

Football GAMEDAY THREAD: RFootball vs. No. 3 Ohio State

I’d be ecstatic with a win. Realistically, I’d like to see us get into the endzone in the 1H, hit 20 total pts (even if garbage time) and get out of there without any major injuries. Right or wrong, I’m more focused on next Friday.

I’d be ecstatic with a win. Realistically, I’d like to see us get into the endzone in the 1H, hit 20 total pts (even if garbage time) and get out of there without any major injuries. Right or wrong, I’m more focused on next Friday.
I think these are all reasonable objectives. I'd like to be within 3 TDs at the half (maybe unreaistic).

They had Wisconsin last week and Sparty next week. This could be their Temple game where they think they just have to make sure that the bus gets to the stadium.

Still tie game. Too bad there are no ties, we could just run the ball every play and try for that

There are some who post but have absolutely no clue we are away at Ohio State. That tells a great deal about some and how much they really follow. IT’S an away game. Just try and stay as healthy as possible and work to improve all around as a team.

• Haha
Reactions: NickRU714
Least game day excitement can recall during gs era. Hoping back to his first return year w trick plays and going for it.

no news on qb status?

Reactions: ScarletDave
This has to be one of the quietest, least talked about game weeks in awhile. Feels really defeating to have to even ignore the game is even being played. Really stinks that the program is where it is , can’t wait for the day hopefully soon where we’re not divisional teams week offf and our fan base takes the week off hoping no one notices our game

Reactions: ScarletDave
Best to set our hopes very low. If we get a score it is a victory. I am hoping for a couple of first downs and maybe one defensive stop.

I said it in another thread.
Less than 20pts is a big problem.
Especially considering garbage time potential against backups.

OSU points against:
ND: 10 (competitive game)
Arkansas State: 12 (21-9 middle 2nd quarter)
Toledo: 21 (28-14 early in 2nd quarter)
Wisconsin: 21

Don't give me the "but talent!!!" dumb argument.

I said it in another thread.
Less than 20pts is a big problem.
Especially considering garbage time potential against backups.

OSU points against:
ND: 10 (competitive game)
Arkansas State: 12 (21-9 middle 2nd quarter)
Toledo: 21 (28-14 early in 2nd quarter)
Wisconsin: 21

Don't give me the "but talent!!!" dumb argument.
3rd string QB with 2nd stringer a talented but not ready for prime time player (yet) when healthy

3rd string QB with 2nd stringer a talented but not ready for prime time player (yet) when healthy

Ok.
So we shouldn't expect to perform better than mighty Toledo and Arkansas State?

Suppose your right - our talent is so bad that even matching Toledo/Arkansas State shouldn't be expected.

Isn't our coaching staff (hopefully) much much better than those other teams?
They can't coach slightly worse talent to equal results?

Reactions: Plum Street
Ohio State won’t bother to run the ball….🤷🏻‍♂️

ADVERTISEMENT