ADVERTISEMENT

Football GAMEDAY THREAD: RFootball vs. No. 3 Ohio State

What we have here is people who understand tradition and respect and those who don't.

And folks with agendas.

If we didn’t give them short field with on sides kick, it may have chewed up a few more minutes and maybe they don’t score a minute before the half. That was the negative of on sides attempt.

Reactions: JRZEER
Agenda? All I'm saying is I don't blame the punter for taking the open field we gave them. Day didn't call the fake and shouldnt need to tell his punter whatever you do make sure you punt the damn ball even if there is a wide open lane.

What excuse? We suck. But that's no excuse for faking a punt in the 4th up 50 points.

I’m not talking about the fake punt.
Couldn’t care less about the ethics of HC Day.

More concerned with when our offense being the lowest scoring team against OSU this year:
ND - 10 (close game at least)
Arkansas Stare - 12 (blowout)
Toledo - 21 (blowout)
Wisconsin - 21 (blowout)
Rutgers - 10 (TD after muffed punt, blowout)

I’m not talking about the fake punt.
Couldn’t care less about the ethics of HC Day.

More concerned with when our offense being the lowest scoring team against OSU this year:
ND - 10 (close game at least)
Arkansas Stare - 12 (blowout)
Toledo - 21 (blowout)
Wisconsin - 21 (blowout)
Rutgers - 10 (TD after muffed punt, blowout)
I watched that Toledo game and yes, it was over very early, but their QB is really good. He's a big play ready to happen on every snap. He would fit in with Rutgers really well.

nope
Greg is 100% wrong to react like that thinking it was set up. Not only that, Greg is 100% stupid for not recognizing it!!!!!! A p5 coach not seeing that is beyond embarrassing for him and us. Stupid penalty to take although I don't think it was malicious, just stupid.

Punter did the right thing, the punt team set up was wrong

this, the penalties, gleeson continuing to suck, yr 3 and no viable qb......Greg sucks flat out SUCKS
From ground level in real time with the action on the other side of the field, there's no way Greg could have known whether it was a called fake punt or not, so your criticism of Greg being angry is misplaced.

And Greg doesn't suck - we just don't have the horses yet, to compete well with OSU (who does?) but we're getting closer. I still think we get 5-6 wins.

This fanbase is funny. The lengths to which some will go to schit on Schiano at every turn is wild. Tumbleweeds on this board all week and when we predictably lose (nailed the Vegas number btw), the histrionics start again.

And If the punter wants to run a fake up 39, he should expect the business. We’ve been a doormat in this league for long enough. Not going to bury the HC for coming over to get his players out of there and give Day an earful when he does the same.

I think we'll find out that the punt-run was strictly the punter's doing - well, come to think of it, maybe we won't. And after that, things just got out of hand.

From ground level in real time with the action on the other side of the field, there's no way Greg could have known whether it was a called fake punt or not, so your criticism of Greg being angry is misplaced.

And Greg doesn't suck - we just don't have the horses yet, to compete well with OSU (who does?) but we're getting closer. I still think we get 5-6 wins.

What makes you think “we’re getting closer”.

The last two years were the 2 biggest margin of defeat in the last 4 years….

When a team with a ROSTER full of 4 & 5 star players is playing a team with mostly two and three star players, the result of today's game was as expected.

Reactions: RW90
This fanbase is funny. The lengths to which some will go to schit on Schiano at every turn is wild. Tumbleweeds on this board all week and when we predictably lose (nailed the Vegas number btw), the histrionics start again.

And If the punter wants to run a fake up 39, he should expect the business. We’ve been a doormat in this league for long enough. Not going to bury the HC for coming over to get his players out of there and give Day an earful when he does the same.
Maybe he gave the points.

We're 3-2 having won the games we should and lost two we were big dogs in. We also were much more competitive today than last year: we actually took a lead and it was only 28-7 at the half vs. 45-7 last year, when they called off the dogs. Plus we simply look like we have more talent overall, except at the crucial QB position, which makes it tough to get much better. I guess we'll know by the end of the year, but that's what I see right now.

When a team with a ROSTER full of 4 & 5 star players is playing a team with mostly two and three star players, the result of today's game was as expected.

dont think anyone expected a different result.

We hoped it would be a bit closer.

When Arkansas State looked better vs OSU than we did…….we have a problem

As an outsider and someone that's followed B1G football for decades, I also think Rutgers is improving. I believe you only gave up one offensive TD to Iowa last week and actually could have won that game if it wasn't for a couple of bonehead mistakes. And OSU is not a very good measuring stick as they're going to pummel a lot of teams this year.

The true measuring stick teams like Indiana, Maryland, MSU.....etc..... My guess is you're going to beat a couple of them.

Simply disagree.

There is unwritten code that players of all sports abide by.

It’s why people get baseballs thrown at their heads and people get their legs taken out from under them when shooting 3s.

Jake Butt said it best on the post game. Punter did what he was coached to do. Cruikshank enforced the players code. Day and Schiano stuck up for their players.

So yeah, no problem if you run for it. But you shouldn’t have a problem if you get lit up.
Nah if that was the case then you don't call a punt block when you're down 39 late in the 4th. Can't get mad when the punter makes a simple play off something that shouldn't have been called. If you want mercy, then lay down.

I figured 35-0 at half. Progress.
Actually there should have been a 9 point change in our favor. It was when their runner fumbled into the end zone, no touchdown plus 2 points for us and the ball. You could also argue against the PI when their receiver went out of bounds before PI was called. I’m

Nah if that was the case then you don't call a punt block when you're down 39 late in the 4th. Can't get mad when the punter makes a simple play off something that shouldn't have been called. If you want mercy, then lay down.
As I mentioned to another poster: I don’t think we were trying to block that punt.

We were literally giving him all the space he needed to punt.

Reactions: redking

Not when you compare to the rest of OSUs results.
Arkansas State and mighty Toledo aren’t exactly full of 4 and 5 stars.

Reactions: mikemarc1
Actually there should have been a 9 point change in our favor. It was when their runner fumbled into the end zone, no touchdown plus 2 points for us and the ball. You could also argue against the PI when their receiver went out of bounds before PI was called. I’m
No, the fumbled ball went out of bounds at about the 1/2 to 1 yard line - it never crossed over the goal line while still in bounds - was very obvious from the replay. And it's not a safety, so no two points - it would only be a touchback.

Not when you compare to the rest of OSUs results.
Arkansas State and mighty Toledo aren’t exactly full of 4 and 5 stars.

the bar our fanbase has for this team is ridiculously low.

anyone content with this game needs their heads checked.

We are only getting a fraction share of the money. I mean, if they want a fair fight, let’s start with the payouts.

Guys, even the playoffs — top 4 teams — have yielded blowout games.

Teams are exponentially better as you go from worst to best.

I mean - my bar is pretty low (so I thought).
Just be in the top 70(?) of ppg in the country.
Hell, I’ll take inside the top 100 for a couple seasons in a row.

Reactions: mikemarc1
I mean - my bar is pretty low (so I thought).
Just be in the top 70(?) of ppg in the country.
Hell, I’ll take inside the top 100 for a couple seasons in a row.
So winless but top 70 ppg. Yeah, that makes sense.

At least we are ahead of BC and by your math Louisville

Not sure what you mean
Louisville scored 33 against BC.
We scored 22.
Luckily, our defense is better than Louisville.

Yes, we best BC 22-21.
However, that seems to be more BC defense isn’t very good.
They gave up 27 (VT), 17 (Maine), 44 (FSU) and the aforementioned 33 (Louisville).

Once again we are among the worst performing offenses a team has faced.

Not sure what you mean
Louisville scored 33 against BC.
We scored 22.
Luckily, our defense is better than Louisville.

Yes, we best BC 22-21.
However, that seems to be more BC defense isn’t very good.
They gave up 27 (VT), 17 (Maine), 44 (FSU) and the aforementioned 33 (Louisville).

Once again we are among the worst performing offenses a team has faced.
Love your transitory logic. Like I said, based on that, we just beat Louisville today.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT