ADVERTISEMENT

Football GAMEDAY THREAD: RFootball vs. No. 3 Ohio State

So winless but top 70 ppg. Yeah, that makes sense.

Im not sure you understand process based outcomes vs results based outcomes.

See all the “a win is a win. Doesn’t matter if the offense is bad” posts after BC and Temple. Wel the offense is still performing the same but now not winning or competitive at all.

Tell me how many successful teams have a PPG average over #100?

Funny what good coaching, game planning does, discipline play does.

a team full of 3 stars (Missouri) up two TDs vs a team full of 5 stars (UGA) right now.

Who knows if it will last, but it is possible guys.

Love your transitory logic. Like I said, based on that, we just beat Louisville today.

Ok no transitory.
2-2 against actual opponents.

Luckily we have the actual standings to review at the end of the year.
I wouldn’t be hopeful if we continue to score 13ppg with the offense.

Im not sure you understand process based outcomes vs results based outcomes.

See all the “a win is a win. Doesn’t matter if the offense is bad” posts after BC and Temple. Wel the offense is still performing the same but now not winning or competitive at all.

Tell me how many successful teams have a PPG average over #100?
Tell me how successful teams have against OSU?

As I mentioned to another poster: I don’t think we were trying to block that punt.

We were literally giving him all the space he needed to punt.
That was 100% a punt block look you don't overload one side and bring everyone on punt safe.

Remove OSU then. PPG goes to14 from 13.
How many teams with 14ppg over a season?

We can go as far as you want to justify the offense.
I don’t know. Did we beat BC and Temple? Don’t need to go back too far.

And lost to Iowa and OSU (much sooner).

Simple question - is it unreasonable to expect our more talented team and better coaching staff to perform better offensively than the mighty Toledo Mudhens against OSU?

It takes money to do all the things you want to do. We are not getting a full share of the B1G and our fan base is not keeping up.

it’s not all about money..

We have more money now than we did in 2006 and we were in the top 10 then.

And lost to Iowa and OSU (much sooner).

Simple question - is it unreasonable to expect our more talented team and better coaching staff to perform better offensively than the mighty Toledo Mudhens against OSU?
Simple answer. No, I expect our team to beat those teams if we play them. Margin of losses to common opponents are meaning less to me.

Also Temple:

Rutgers Offense - 10
Rutgers Defense - 6
Temple Offense - 14

If we aren’t bailed out by the defense then we need Langan to score that last minute TD to beat mighty Temple.

Simple answer. No, I expect our team to beat those teams if we play them. Margin of losses to common opponents are meaning less to me.

So all that matters is wins and losses?
Ok we agree.
2-2 against FBS teams
1-2 against P5
0-2 Big Ten

LOL…..you just don’t get it.
He never will, but he does tend to own up to mistakes, which I give him credit for, and I'm confident we're going to be back to bowling regularly soon, but I don't know if we'll be winning the B1G (competing for, yes).

He never will, but he does tend to own up to mistakes, which I give him credit for, and I'm confident we're going to be back to bowling regularly soon, but I don't know if we'll be winning the B1G (competing for, yes).

Hopw you’re right. I just don’t see much improvement from year to year

the bar our fanbase has for this team is ridiculously low.

anyone content with this game needs their heads checked.
no one should be happy, but who expected a win.
You can complain all you want but Rutgers isn't a highly talented program like OSU is, YET.
There are some RU fans talking about how Toledo scored 21 points against the Buckeyes, but neglect to mention Ohio State put up 77 against them.
Wisconsin is supposed to be a top program, but lost to Ohio State 51-21

Rutgers isn't there yet , OSU is and that's the main reason for the blowout ;loss.
Of coures I can forgive RU for losing , the spread was Ohio State by 41 and they didn't beat it .

no one should be happy, but who expected a win.
You can complain all you want but Rutgers isn't a highly talented program like OSU is, YET.
There are some RU fans talking about how Toledo scored 21 points against the Buckeyes, but neglect to mention Ohio State put up 77 against them.
Wisconsin is supposed to be a top program, but lost to Ohio State 51-21

Rutgers isn't there yet , OSU is and that's the main reason for the blowout ;loss.
Of coures I can forgive RU for losing , the spread was Ohio State by 41 and they didn't beat it .

Good post. I don’t care about the spread and the point margin doesn’t tell the whole story at all. We played a more competitive game against OSU than Wisconsin did. They were losing 28-0 and never got closer than 28-7 (which was very short lived).

Our defense is going to allow us to compete with many of the remaining teams on the schedule - many of which do not have defenses as good as Iowas or OSUs.

Reactions: nick614
ADVERTISEMENT