ADVERTISEMENT

Football GAMEDAY THREAD: Rutgers caps off season with Maryland game

Sigh. Well another Rutgers Masterpiece season in the books. Thanks Greg.
cat-vomiting2-250x250.jpeg

Yea they are. Sad to say
You may be right, but to my eye Greg's philosophy appears to be to limit the playbook to plays that will not result in a turnover, which probably rules out 70% of any play we could run.

I don't know that it was only Schiano, but Rutgers hasn't done well with quarterbacks for many years. Those who think Wimsatt is failing to develop better think about who else would replace him and what are the chances that he would do better.

I think Wimsatt has talent that can be developed, but the kid needs a team around him. Rutgers will be shooting itself in the foot (again) if Wimsatt isn't treated well and developed. Regardless of that, I think there is a good chance he will enter the portal. I know that if I was his dad, I'd suggest that. There is no indication that he will have a successful college career at Rutgers.
You got that right, I’d love to be a fly on the wall during that discussion, his family and friends will be in his ear regarding his future at RU.

Gavin hasn’t earned anything. Simon had better composure. Might be time to cut ties. Has not done anything to be handed the job.

Reactions: RURod
Someone over on Covers said that OSU boards are calling on Day to be fired.
Hell,they could have hired Schiano.

When GS arrived I brought into what he was saying and his coaching technique, I would have run through a wall for him and Im just a fan , and after the Louisville game it reinforced my feelings about his coaching abilities. The problem is memories are just that , and after a while they become history or just reruns on google that we get to watch when we are feeling down or watching other teams do what they do best , and that’s win games or fielding a good QB , heck most teams other tha RU have a rookie QB waiting in the wings that would put a hurting on a GS coached team. In my opinion he gets another year to prove us wrong or he becomes just that a memory of what could have been.

Last edited:
Reactions: MADHAT1
no it hasn't, penalties and all stats say otherwise. October and November have been a disaster
The OP quote I was responding to was ‘I can’t wait to see Greg’s post game spin on this week’. Above was my prediction of what that might sound like. After listening to the presser, I was pretty close

Reactions: RUTGERS95
Defense is good and plays hard. Offense is D3
Maryland post game announcers’ recap did indeed specifically say RU had a D3 offense and therefore the defensive domination wasn’t nearly as impressive as the stats indicate. For the umpteenth time,HC is absolutely stealing salary and Hobbs can’t do a thing about it (his own fault).

Last edited:
Curt wouldn't let his QB son anywhere near GS.
True. Kurt said he and Brenda are moving to Philly after Kade graduates from KSU to be close to E.J. the next three years plus this is what E.J. himself said yesterday. If you are loyal to the kids they will be loyal to you:
"From day one, not a lot of people believed me from high school, and (Drayton) did from day one and showed that to me, how much they wanted me here and how much of a priority I was,” Warner said, “and I’m just so grateful for this opportunity to be a part of this program and to come and try to help build up Temple. Just so excited to be part of it and just can't wait to keep getting to work, getting better, and hopefully the next few years we can win more games.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT