ADVERTISEMENT

Football GAMEDAY THREAD: Rutgers vs. Nebraska under the lights!

I will admit I had about 15% confidence we’d win on the last drive. Highest level in a long time.

Give Wimsatt the keys … going to finish 3-9 or 4-8 so let him get the experience and get ready for next year. If he doesn’t play, he’s probably in the portal.
He's on track to be a Heisman candidate. At Kentucky.

Reactions: SCNJ
There was no reason to play anyone but Vedral in this game. It’s sad that our best option by far is a QB who didn’t have a great arm to begin with and is now even more limited in his throwing due to injury but it’s reality.

Playing Simon cost us 10 points in this game. The pick that gave them the ball already in FG range, but don’t forget about the 8 yard sack he took to take us out of FG range. Those things do not happen with Noah in there.

Oh man they fumbled the snap lol

Didn’t think they would wake up considering the trip and short week but they sort of did and we didn’t do ourselves any favors either….without offense that scores points it’s very difficult to win week in and week out. Oh well.
MVP = refs
The refs did not call our offensive plays. Or throw 3 ints.

Like another poster said we have the worst qb room in the B1G right now. Poor qb play cost us 2 league games so far. To be fair it's in part do to injuries.

Reactions: RUboston
Total Sh#tshow by us again.
Total embarrassment. No Discipline AGAIN
Bone head playcalling.
Look off bewilderment on the sidelines.
2.0 is not up to the task. We will be talking about a HC change next year with this trend.

It’s not that bad. We lost to the first place team in the Big West. Lol
Pathetic response
Nebraska is a shell of themselves. Still will finish on the bottom of the West.
But keep throwing rose pedals if it makes you happy.

He’s in year three in the best conference in the lane with a school that has no history. Who are you hiring and what are you paying?
I really don’t give a shit it’s like Groundhog Day all over again. Same mistakes, same soft zone coverage, same offense that does not incorporate the tight end 30% of the time, same horrible playcalling, same horrible use of time outs, same everything. Nice enough guy, but the product on the field is the same.

Relax a bit and walk from the edge:

RU has a good defense.
RU has good special teams.

Before Schiano we were only good on special teams. Now we have the D in a better place.

Only a matter of time until the offense improves (like it did during the Teal era).

Root for a win vs Indy, and then a surprise win sometime during the year.

Reactions: pmvon
Poorly. And he's still who the staff went to, which speaks volumes to our QB room. Simon high risk high reward. Vedral low risk low reward. Pick your poison I guess. I'm done caring. I'm with the folks that say give Wimsatt the rest of the year and live with it.

Im not sure how your getting that Evan provides high reward for the risk. They finished with the same completion line 6 / 15. Noah threw for 33 more yards than Evan. Noah also ran for 30+ yards while Evan had negative rushing yardage since he was unable to avoid sacks. I’m sure Noah could chuck up 50 / 50 balls and hope for the best too. Anyone could.

Im not sure how your getting that Evan provides high reward for the risk. They finished with the same completion line 6 / 15. Noah threw for 33 more yards than Evan. Noah also ran for 30+ yards while Evan had negative rushing yardage since he was unable to avoid sacks. I’m sure Noah could chuck up 50 / 50 balls and hope for the best too. Anyone could.
One of those completions for Noah was all on the receiver taking a nothing pass and turning it into something.

Maybe high reward is too generous but he clearly has a better arm. It's why he was even in at the end after 2 picks. Because Vedral can't throw. Just one throw but the dart to Langan in the seam on 3rd and 11. Vedral can't make that throw. He can't. So that's what I mean by high reward. He CAN make throws.

Relax a bit and walk from the edge:

RU has a good defense.
RU has good special teams.

Before Schiano we were only good on special teams. Now we have the D in a better place.

Only a matter of time until the offense improves (like it did during the Teal era).

Root for a win vs Indy, and then a surprise win sometime during the year.
Yeh I can accept this. Im not giving up on Schiano yet but he has to get a real qb whether it's developing Wimsatt or through the portal. We lost to Iowa and Neb because of our subpar qb situation.

Reactions: pmvon and RUfromNJ
Maybe high reward is too generous but he clearly has a better arm. It's why he was even in at the end after 2 picks. Because Vedral can't throw. Just one throw but the dart to Langan in the seam on 3rd and 11. Vedral can't make that throw. He can't. So that's what I mean by high reward. He CAN make throws.

Even with a bum hand unable to grip the ball at 100% today, we win this game by at least 2 scores if Vedral played the whole game. Evan added nothing positive. He took an 8 yard sack that took us out of FG range. Threw one pick that gave Nebraska the football in FG range and threw another pick when we were in (or close to) FG range.

We also didn’t score any points while he was
In. All 3 scoring drives were Noah.

I wonder what Vedral’s injury is and whether further improvement can be expected in short order or it’s more of a lingering thing. It’s obviously very limiting (to a team with limited offense to begin with) that there are certain passes he can’t even attempt right now based on the grip angle.

I hate to be negative but it feels like we’re going to be going to the portal next year for sure.

Poorly. And he's still who the staff went to, which speaks volumes to our QB room. Simon high risk high reward. Vedral low risk low reward. Pick your poison I guess. I'm done caring. I'm with the folks that say give Wimsatt the rest of the year and live with it.
Agreed about Wimsatt....The moment he is healthy he should be in for every offensive down.

Reactions: MikeRU09
Agreed about Wimsatt....The moment he is healthy he should be in for every offensive down.

Not if he’s showing the same passing ability at practice as he’s shown in the games.
Granted it’s a small sample size but the kid is 10 for 23 on passes for 117 total yards and 2 picks. One can only appreciate just how bad that is when you realize that 12 of those attempts (more than half) and the majority of the yards (63) were against Wagner. And he allowed a pick in the Wagner game too. For perspective - Wagner is like 50 times worse than Delaware. Noah threw 21 for 26, 323 yards and 2 TDs in that one. No picks. Right now Wimsatt is THAT much worse than last year’s version of Noah in the air and he will be nursing a lower body injury on the ground. We can’t afford to just get rolled the remainder of the season. Terrible for perception.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT