ADVERTISEMENT

Games of Interest - January 17

BeKnighted

Heisman Winner
Jan 15, 2003
3 top 25 upsets today - only 1 in the Big Ten.

B1G

#17 Michigan State 77 #9 Maryland 60 – the upset is less of a surprise than the margin
#22 Iowa 75 Michigan 61 – Gustafson had 21 and 16 for the Hawkeyes
#23 Minnesota 78 Wisconsin 50 – Golden Gophers end 4-game slide
Ohio State 76 Penn State 71 OT – big 4th quarter comeback for Buckeyes
Nebraska 77 Illinois 67 – Veerbeek led Big Red with 19 and 8

There are now 4 4-2 teams and 4 3-3 teams in the B1G.

Other RU opponents

Brigham Young 70 #13 Gonzaga 68 – snaps Bulldogs’ 12-game winning streak
#16 Kentucky 64 LSU 60 – Lady Tigers on 2-game losing streak, both to ranked teams

Other ranked teams

#4 Louisville 91 Virginia 43 – Durr led the Cardinals with 20 points in 23 minutes
#7 Mississippi State 89 #15 South Carolina 74 – Gamecocks collapsed in 4thquarter
#12 Syracuse 82 Pittsburgh 50 – Panthers drop to .500
Alabama 86 #20 Tennessee 65 – 4 losses in a row for the Lady Vols

Also

Miami 58 Duke 50 – Blue Devils 0-4(!!) in ACC play
North Carolina 84 Wake Forest 61 – battle to escape ACC cellar
Old Dominion 70 Louisiana Tech 59 – kind of an 80s vibe to this one
California Baptist 133 Westcliff 43 – Warriors 1st season with a basketball team

Today:

B1G: 0-0
Other RU opponents: 0-2

Year to date:

B1G: 109-37
RU opponents: 91-69

There have been no palindromic scores in 50 games completed so far today. There have been 24 palindromic scores in 2,838 games so far this year. It’s been five days since the last palindromic score.

Reactions: gigantor1024
If Tennessee remains in the rankings after the 4 straight losses, I’m going to demand a recount. No offense but this isn’t Pat Summit’s Tennessee anymore. Time for the voters to realize this.

Reactions: Scarletwoman
Hey BeK - I've been saying this for years, but I just want to tell you again how much I appreciate your games of interest reports! The format is perfect, and you provide just the right amount of extra commentary. Even though I haven't been posting here much, I've still been checking the board, and I always read the games of interest threads. I know it must be time consuming, but it's certainly appreciated. Thanks again!

Hey BeK - I've been saying this for years, but I just want to tell you again how much I appreciate your games of interest reports! The format is perfect, and you provide just the right amount of extra commentary. Even though I haven't been posting here much, I've still been checking the board, and I always read the games of interest threads. I know it must be time consuming, but it's certainly appreciated. Thanks again!
BeK
add my thanks.
You add to the fun this board gives to RUWBB fans when things are going good and your GoI detracts from the disappointing hard times and complaints that go along with them , that occasionally pop up here..

ADVERTISEMENT