ADVERTISEMENT

Games of interest - January 28

BeKnighted

Heisman Winner
Jan 15, 2003
UConn continues to pummel the AAC

Big Ten

Minnesota 75 Penn State 64 - Nittany Lions have lost 9 of last 11
Michigan State 72 Indiana 57 - Powers and Jackson had 28 each for Spartans; Mills had 12 of other 16 points

Other RU opponents

Lafayette 58 Colgate 56 - ESPN says Raiders gave up a 23 point halftime lead
Fordham 66 Davidson 45 - Rams now 7-1 in A-10, half a game behind GWU
St. Joseph's @ St. Louis - postponed

Other ranked teams

#2 Connecticut 87 East Carolina 32 - triple double for Kia Stokes in 22 minutes off the bench

Also

Texas Tech 73 West Virginia 57 - 'Eers sharing B12 cellar with K State and Oklahoma State
Tennessee Martin 64 Tennessee State 58 - Pat Summitt's alma mater now 8-0 in Ohio Valley Conference

Today:

Other RU opponents 0-2

Year to date:

Big Ten 115-40
Other RU opponents 90-103

There have been no palindromic scores in 28 games completed so far today. That makes 28 palindromic scores in 3,515 games this year. It's been four days since the last palindromic score.

"UConn continues to pummel the AAC"

The nightmare continues.... I used to love the blowouts, but now it's getting to be too much. Judging by the size of the crowd at the game last night, I'm not alone in my thoughts. It creates a huge problem for Geno....how do you keep your starters in game shape and sharpness while not running up the score? While it's true UConn's practices are legendary and 10X more difficult than games, I still don't think there's any substitute for games. Geno barely plays his starters more than half a game, which is great for the bench players, but everyone knows that in tough games, Geno rarely goes deep into his bench. It's incredible to me that he manages to keep the starters 100% focused in games with woefully over-matched opponents, but he does.

If I had a magic wand, I'd wave it over the football team and say, "make them competitive and bowl worthy the next few years". I believe that's our golden ticket. Never thought I'd say this, but I already miss our old conference mates.

Originally posted by Ewecon:
"UConn continues to pummel the AAC"

The nightmare continues.... I used to love the blowouts, but now it's getting to be too much. Judging by the size of the crowd at the game last night, I'm not alone in my thoughts. It creates a huge problem for Geno....how do you keep your starters in game shape and sharpness while not running up the score? While it's true UConn's practices are legendary and 10X more difficult than games, I still don't think there's any substitute for games. Geno barely plays his starters more than half a game, which is great for the bench players, but everyone knows that in tough games, Geno rarely goes deep into his bench. It's incredible to me that he manages to keep the starters 100% focused in games with woefully over-matched opponents, but he does.

If I had a magic wand, I'd wave it over the football team and say, "make them competitive and bowl worthy the next few years". I believe that's our golden ticket. Never thought I'd say this, but I already miss our old conference mates.
If you had a magic wand, you could just use it to move to a better conference.
wink.r191677.gif

I genuinely feel bad for UConn here. The conference is okay for men's basketball (not great, just okay), but that's it. Everyone would be better served if the Huskies found a better conference home.

Ewecon, I have watched many UConn games over the years, and I must say that I couldn't count on one hand the
number of games where, in my opinion, the team was not "ready" or focused. Say what you want about him (and I admit I have learned to like the guy) and his recruitment of the top talent, but he is an amazing coach.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT