ADVERTISEMENT

Garza returning to school

Hopefully we can contain him a little better this coming season. He is like a bull in a china shop. He pushes his way and to me I think he gets away with a bit too much. The BIG will be loaded again.

Reactions: GoodOl'Rutgers
Hopefully we can contain him a little better this coming season. He is like a bull in a china shop. He pushes his way and to me I think he gets away with a bit too much. The BIG will be loaded again.

he’s talented, but definitely flails around a lot like Tyler Hansbrough on UNC back in the day. Happy he’s coming back. Like to see good basketball and Iowa should be very good.

Now we have Myles and Cliff to push him around and I sure hope they do never seen someone whine so much when he doesn't get a call

The officiating authorities here, like squirrels, hardly ever take a day off.
Like it or not, Garza is a very talented college hoops player.

Last edited:
Reactions: willisneverrana43
Iowa got away from featuring him in the O. I wouldn't have come back. He was a cinch to go in Round 2.

he’s talented, but definitely flails around a lot like Tyler Hansbrough on UNC back in the day. Happy he’s coming back. Like to see good basketball and Iowa should be very good.

When Hansbrough played at the RAC he didn’t do any flailing around. Every time he got the ball it was jam city thru our basket.

When Hansbrough played at the RAC he didn’t do any flailing around. Every time he got the ball it was jam city thru our basket.

As an ACC ex-pat, I will say that the most frequent complaints about Hasbrough/referees was not so much flailing as his feet-shuffling while holding the ball under the basket. As I recall, other coaches in the league complained so much that in his final season he started getting whistled for it. But I can't confirm that last sentence, being that I'm just a message-board dude...

Reactions: GoodOl'Rutgers
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT