ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting Gavin Wimsatt commits to Rutgers Football

Nice article from the Lexington paper. Giving props to GS and Rutgers. Even throws a shot in there at Tennessee.

Good article. Very balanced. On the other hand I can’t stand when people use “loose” when they mean “lose”. Oh well, I’m not going to loose any sleep over it.

I'm more of a then/than guy. C'mon folks, you're college educated. Oh yeah your/you're hurts my head too.

Kentucky will get three 4 star commits this weekend bumping their ranking to #12. Including a left tackle and an athlete. UK is building with a 6th straight top 35 class.

Ths wimsatt recruiting saga is far from over.

Kentucky will get three 4 star commits this weekend bumping their ranking to #12. Including a left tackle and an athlete. UK is building with a 6th straight top 35 class.

At face value, it would seem RU vs. KU is over. Number one, Gavin made his choice. And he didn't need to do it this early. Number two, KU took in a QB as their cotingency plan. KU might still put the press on, but both sides have made choices indicating their path towards the future.

Normally I would agree, but I don't think this is about Kentucky's class. It seems like he just likes our coaches better and vision. We will probably have similar classes in the end and I think he already knows that. He bonded with our staff and the fact that Schiano sends guys to the NFL at an almost unreal clip given the star rankings of the guys he has recruited in the past. Wimsatt will be a national star in the NY marketplace if he takes RU to the next level. Shoot, just his commitment is drawing national attention and bringing him fame.

Well, I been fixin to go to Texas.
Aww, Heaven you ALMOST had it! The proper Texan way would've been to simply say "I'm fixin' to go to Texas" ...

All y'all are learnin'....Y'all's southern attempts "might could" get you recognized as just Yankees and not Damn Yankees!

(I was called a damn yankee by a co-worker when I got here in '93...and then a carpet bagger by another one in '94....I usually ignored him until a few years later I got tired of his schtick and got in his face and said, "That's right, I came here and took one of your jobs, bought one of your houses, married one of your women, and shit in your toilets!...no more hazing after that LOL)

We owed you B1G for Allen . Had we not had a staff of morons back then All American Allen would have been probably been playing at Rutgers .

At face value, it would seem RU vs. KU is over. Number one, Gavin made his choice. And he didn't need to do it this early. Number two, KU took in a QB as their cotingency plan. KU might still put the press on, but both sides have made choices indicating their path towards the future.
That's how it looks to me.
Thank you, Greg Schiano.

Wow glad we nabbed Gavin when we did. UK just got commitments from three 4-star players in the last 24 hours.

Doug, if you had to bet the ranch , do you think he will be as good as Tom Savage ?
I wouldn't compare Wimsatt to Savage because they are different types of QB (dual vs. pro) playing different offensive schemes. Wimsatt can have as much success as Savage (freshman season) because the offense will exploit his skills, putting him in a favorable position. In fact, I think Wimsatt will do more (& better) because Rutgers has a real OC for a change.

Question for anyone that has seen him play. Is there any part of his game that may be considered less that above average?
So far, everything I have heard sounds like his is a plus arm, running, awareness, leadership and he has the size. Maybe the better way to ask- how would you rank his different skills? Even if they are all above average? Is his running better than his arm? Maybe touch vs strength on his throws?
Thx

Reactions: Scarlet83
ADVERTISEMENT